- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 374581, 6 pages
Nonlinear Phenomena of Ultra-Wide-Band Radiation in a Photonic Crystal Fibre
Cirta'Com laboratory, Engineering School of Communication of Tunis (Sup’Com), University of Carthage, Ghazala Technopark, Ariana 2083, Tunisia
Received 22 May 2011; Revised 2 September 2011; Accepted 7 September 2011
Academic Editor: Wojtek J. Bock
Copyright © 2011 Rim Cherif and Mourad Zghal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. R. Alfano and S. L. Shapiro, “Emission in the region 4000 to 7000 A via four-photon coupling in glass,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 584–587, 1970.
- J. K. Ranka, R. S. Windeler, and A. J. Stentz, “Visible continuum generation in air-silica microstructure optical fibers with anomalous dispersion at 800 nm,” Optics Letters, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 25–27, 2000.
- S. Coen, A. H. L. Chau, R. Leonhardt et al., “White-light supercontinuum generation with 60 ps pump pulses in a photonic crystal fiber,” Optics Letters, vol. 26, no. 17, pp. 1356–1358, 2001.
- T. M. Monro and D. J. Richardson, “Holey optical fibres: fundamental properties and device applications,” Comptes Rendus Physique, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 175–186, 2003.
- P. S. J. Russell, “Photonic-crystal fibers,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 4729–4749, 2006.
- J. Broeng, D. Mogilevstev, S. E. Barkou, and A. Bjarklev, “Photonic crystal fibers: a new class of optical waveguides,” Optical Fiber Technology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 305–330, 1999.
- J. C. Knight, J. Arriaga, T. A. Birks, A. Ortigosa-Blanch, W. J. Wadsworth, and P. S. J. Russell, “Anomalous dispersion in photonic crystal fiber,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 807–809, 2000.
- N. G. R. Broderick, T. M. Monro, P. J. Bennett, and D. J. Richardson, “Nonlinearity in holey optical fibers: measurement and future opportunities,” Optics Letters, vol. 24, no. 20, pp. 1395–1397, 1999.
- A. V. Husakou and J. Herrmann, “Supercontinuum generation of higher-order solitons by fission in photonic crystal fibers,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 20, Article ID 203901, pp. 203901/1–203901/4, 2001.
- G. Genty, M. Lehtonen, H. Ludvigsen, J. Broeng, and M. Kaivola, “Spectral broadening of femtosecond pulses into continuum radiation in microstructured fibers,” Optics Express, vol. 10, no. 20, pp. 1083–1098, 2002.
- M. Lehtonen, G. Genty, H. Ludvigsen, and M. Kaivola, “Supercontinuum generation in a highly birefringent microstructured fiber,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 14, pp. 2197–2199, 2003.
- P. A. Champert, V. Couderc, P. Leproux et al., “White-light supercontinuum generation in normally dispersive optical fiber using original multi-wavelength pumping system,” Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 19, pp. 4366–4371, 2004.
- X. Sang, P. L. Chu, and C. Yu, “Applications of nonlinear effects in highly nonlinear photonic crystal fiber to optical communications,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 965–994, 2005.
- R. Cherif, A. B. Salem, M. Zghal et al., “Highly nonlinear As2Se3-based chalcogenide photonic crystal fiber for midinfrared supercontinuum generation,” Optical Engineering, vol. 49, pp. 095002-1–095002-6, 2010.
- J. C. Travers, S. V. Popov, and J. R. Taylor, “Extended blue supercontinuum generation in cascaded holey fibers,” Optics Letters, vol. 30, no. 23, pp. 3132–3134, 2005.
- R. Cherif, M. Zghal, I. Nikolov, and M. Danailov, “High energy femtosecond supercontinuum light generation in large mode area photonic crystal fiber,” Optics Communications, vol. 283, no. 21, pp. 4378–4382, 2010.
- L. Tartara, I. Cristiani, and V. Degiorgio, “Blue light and infrared continuum generation by soliton fission in a microstructured fiber,” Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, vol. 77, no. 2-3, pp. 307–311, 2003.
- R. Cherif, M. Zghal, L. Tartara, and V. Degiorgio, “Supercontinuum generation by higher-order mode excitation in a photonic crystal fiber,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 2147–2152, 2008.
- G. P. Agrawal, Nonlinear Fibre Optics, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 3rd edition, 1995.
- M. Zghal and R. Cherif, “Impact of small geometrical imperfections on chromatic dispersion and birefringence in photonic crystal fibers,” Optical Engineering, vol. 46, no. 12, Article ID 128002, pp. 1–7, 2007.
- G. Genty, M. Lehtonen, and H. Ludvigsen, “Route to broadband blue-light generation in microstructured fibers,” Optics Letters, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 756–758, 2005.
- I. Cristiani, R. Tediosi, L. Tartara, and V. Degiorgio, “Dispersive wave generation by solitons in microstructured optical fibers,” Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 124–135, 2004.