- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 130517, 17 pages
Light Combining for Interferometric Switching
1Institut des Nanotechnologies de Lyon, Université de Lyon, INL-UMR5270, CNRS, INSA de Lyon, 69621 Villeurbanne, France
2Nanoscience Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Trento, Via Sommarive 14, 38121 Trento, Italy
Received 4 February 2012; Accepted 11 April 2012
Academic Editor: Francesco Prudenzano
Copyright © 2012 Marco Masi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. S. El-Bawab, Optical Switching, Springer, 2006.
- A. Yariv, Y. Xu, R. K. Lee, and A. Scherer, “Coupled-resonator optical waveguide: a proposal and analysis,” Optics Letters, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 711–713, 1999.
- J. E. Heebner, R. W. Boyd, and Q. H. Park, “SCISSOR solitons and other novel propagation effects in microresonator-modified waveguides,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 722–731, 2002.
- J. E. Heebner, P. Chak, S. Pereira, J. E. Sipe, and R. W. Boyd, “Distributed and localized feedback in microresonator sequences for linear and nonlinear optics,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1818–1832, 2004.
- J. Capmany, P. Muñoz, J. D. Domenech, and M. A. Muriel, “Apodized coupled resonator waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 16, pp. 10196–10206, 2007.
- S. Y. Cho and R. Soref, “Apodized SCISSORs for filtering and switching,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 19078–19090, 2008.
- D. U. Smith, H. Chang, K. A. Fuller, A. T. Rosenberger, and R. W. Boyd, “Coupled-resonator-induced transparency,” Physical Review A, vol. 69, no. 6, Article ID 063804, 6 pages, 2004.
- Q. Xu, S. Sandhu, M. L. Povinelli, J. Shakya, S. Fan, and M. Lipson, “Experimental realization of an on-chip all-optical analogue to electromagnetically induced transparency,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 96, no. 12, Article ID 123901, 4 pages, 2006.
- Y. F. Xiao, X. B. Zou, W. Jiang, Y. L. Chen, and G. C. Guo, “Analog to multiple electromagnetically induced transparency in all-optical drop-filter systems,” Physical Review A, vol. 75, no. 6, Article ID 063833, 4 pages, 2007.
- X. Yang, M. Yu, D. L. Kwong, and C. W. Wong, “All-optical analog to electromagnetically induced transparency in multiple coupled photonic crystal cavities,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 17, Article ID 173902, 4 pages, 2009.
- M. Mancinelli, R. Guider, M. Masi et al., “Optical characterization of a SCISSOR device,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 14, pp. 13664–13674, 2011.
- M. Masi, M. Mancinelli, A. Battarelli et al., “A silicon photonic interferometric router device based on SCISSOR concept,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 29, no. 18, pp. 2747–2753, 2011.
- “Technology focus on Lithography,” Nature Photonics, vol. 4, no. 1, 2010.
- G. T. Reed, G. Mashanovich, F. Y. Gardes, and D. J. Thomson, “Silicon optical modulators,” Nature Photonics, vol. 4, article 660, 2010.
- K. Okamoto, Fundamentals of Optical Waveguides, Academic Press, 2nd edition, 2006.
- Y. M. Landobasa, S. Darmawan, and M. K. Chin, “Matrix analysis of 2-d microresonator lattice optical filters,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1410–1418, 2005.
- J. K. S. Poon, J. Scheuer, S. Mookherjea, G. T. Paloczi, Y. Huang, and A. Yariv, “Matrix analysis of microring coupled-resonator optical waveguides,” Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 90–103, 2004.
- C.-S. Ma, X. Yan, and X.-Y. Wang, “Matrix analysis of 2D microring resonator arrays,” Journal of Modern Optics, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 143–154, 2008.
- J. K. S. Poon, P. Chak, J. M. Choi, and A. Yariv, “Slowing light with Fabry-Perot resonator arrays,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 2763–2769, 2007.
- S. Y. Cho and R. Soref, “Interferometric microring-resonant 2×2 optical switches,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 17, pp. 13304–13314, 2008.
- F. Xia, L. Sekaric, M. O'Boyle, and Y. Vlasov, “Coupled resonator optical waveguides based on silicon-on-insulator photonic wires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 4, Article ID 041122, 3 pages, 2006.
- M. Masi, R. Orobtchouk, G. Fan, J. M. Fedeli, and L. Pavesi, “Towards a realistic modelling of ultra-compact racetrack resonators,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 28, no. 22, pp. 3233–3242, 2010.
- U. Fano, “Sullo spettro di assorbimento dei gas nobili presso il limite dello spettro d’arco,” Nuovo Cimento, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 154–161, 1935.
- U. Fano, “Effects of configuration interaction on intensities and phase shifts,” Physical Review, vol. 124, no. 6, pp. 1866–1878, 1961.