- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 361818, 8 pages
Multiple Reflections and Fresnel Absorption of Gaussian Laser Beam in an Actual 3D Keyhole during Deep-Penetration Laser Welding
State Key Laboratory of Advanced Design and Manufacturing for Vehicle Body, Hunan University, Hunan, Changsha 410082, China
Received 13 February 2012; Accepted 26 March 2012
Academic Editor: Hongming Zhao
Copyright © 2012 Xiangzhong Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Dowden, P. Kapadia, and N. Postacioglu, “Analysis of the laser-plasma interaction in laser keyhole welding,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 741–749, 1989.
- M. Beck, P. Berger, F. Dausinger, and H. Hugel, “Aspects of keyhole/melt interaction in high-speed laser welding,” in 8th International Symposium on Gas Flow and Chemical Lasers, vol. 1397 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 769–774, 1991.
- M. Kern, Simulation der absorption polarisierter beim Laser-Tiefschweißen, Studienarbeit, Universität Stuttgart, Deutchland, 1992.
- M. Mueller, Simulation der reflektierten Laserstrahlung zur uslegung einer Prozeßkontrolle fuer das Laserschweißen Diplomarbeit, University at Stuttgart, Deutchland, 1996.
- A. Kaplan, “A model of deep penetration laser welding based on calculation of the keyhole profile,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 27, pp. 1805–1814, 1994.
- P. Solana and G. Negro, “A study of the effect of multiple reflections on the shape of the keyhole in the laser processing of materials,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 30, no. 23, pp. 3216–3222, 1997.
- R. Fabbro and K. Chouf, “Keyhole description in deep-penetration laser welding,” in High-Power Lasers in Manufacturing, vol. 3888 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 104–112, 2000.
- V. V. Semak, J. A. Hopkins, M. H. McCay, and T. D. McCay, “Melt pool dynamics during laser welding,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 2443–2450, 1995.
- S. Katayama, N. Seto, J. D. Kim, and A. Matsunawa, “Formation mechanism and reduction method of porosity in laser welding of stainless steel,” in Proceedings of the Laser Materials Processing Conference (ICALEO '97), Section G, pp. 83–92, San Diego, Calif, USA, November 1997.
- S. Fujinaga, H. Takenaka, T. Narikiyo, S. Katayama, and A. Matsunawa, “Direct observation of keyhole behaviour during pulse modulated high-power Nd:YAG laser irradiation,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 492–497, 2000.
- X. Jin, L. Li, and Y. Zhang, “A study on fresnel absorption and reflections in the keyhole in deep penetration laser welding,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 35, no. 18, pp. 2304–2310, 2002.
- Y. Arata, H. Maruo, I. Miyamoto, and S. Takeuchi, “Dynamic behavior of laser welding and cutting,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Electron and Ion Beam Science and Technology, pp. 111–128, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1976.
- X. Jin, P. Berger, and T. Graf, “Multiple reflections and Fresnel absorption in an actual 3D keyhole during deep penetration laser welding,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 39, no. 21, pp. 4703–4712, 2006.
- X. Jin, “A three-dimensional model of multiple reflections for high-speed deep penetration laser welding based on an actual keyhole,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 83–93, 2008.
- C. Yuanyong, J. S. L. Xiangzhong, and Z. Licheng, “Fresnel absorption and inverse bremsstrahlung absorption in an actual 3D keyhole during deep penetration CO2 laser welding,” Optics & Laser Technology, vol. 44, pp. 1426–1436, 2012.
- H. Guo, Y. Zhang, and J. Zhang, “The experimental study of the reflection characteristics of Gaussian beam,” Journal of Yanan University, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 33–41, 1995.