- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 764084, 7 pages
Detailed Theoretical Model for Adjustable Gain-Clamped Semiconductor Optical Amplifier
1Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G1 1XW, UK
2Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8LT, UK
Received 1 October 2011; Revised 7 February 2012; Accepted 11 February 2012
Academic Editor: Luciano Mescia
Copyright © 2012 Lin Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Banchi, M. Presi, A. D’Errico, G. Contestabile, and E. Ciaramella, “All-optical wavelength 10 and 40 Gbit/s RZ-to-NRZ format and wavelength conversion using semiconductor optical amplifiers,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 32–38, 2010.
- A. Rostami, H. B. A. Nejad, R. M. Qartavol, and H. R. Saghai, “Tb/s optical logic gates based on quantum-dot semiconductor optical amplifiers,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 354–360, 2010.
- C. Bohémond, A. Sharaiha, T. Rampone, and H. Khaleghi, “Electro-optical radiofrequency mixer based on semiconductor optical amplifier,” Electronics Letters, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 331–333, 2011.
- P. Doussiere, F. Pommereau, J. Y. Emery et al., “1550 nm polarization independent DBR gain clamped SOA with high dynamic input power range,” in Proceedings of the 22nd European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC '96), vol. 3, pp. 169–172, September 1996.
- D. A. Francis, S. P. DiJaili, and J. D. Walker, “A single-chip linear optical amplifier,” in Proceedings of the Optical Fiber Communication Conference, pp. PD13/1–PD13/3, Anaheim, Calif, USA, March 2001.
- C. Michie, A. E. Kelly, I. Armstrong, I. Andonovic, and C. Tombling, “An adjustable gain-clamped semiconductor optical amplifier (AGC-SOA),” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1466–1473, 2007.
- L. Liu, C. Michie, A. E. Kelly, and I. Andonovic, “Packet equalisation in PONs using adjustable gain-clamped semiconductor optical amplifiers (AGC-SOA),” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON '11), pp. 1–4, Stockholm, Sweden, June 2011.
- M. J. Connelly, “Wideband semiconductor optical amplifier steady-state numerical model,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 439–447, 2001.
- ITU-T Recommendation G.987.2, “10-Gigabit-capable passive optical networks (XG-PON): physical media dependent (PMD) layer specification,” January 2010.
- X. H. Jia, “Theoretical investigation of gain-clamped semiconductor optical amplifiers using the amplified spontaneous emission compensating effect,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2503–2510, 2006.
- A. Matsumoto, K. Nishimura, K. Utaka, and M. Usami, “Operational design on high-speed semiconductor optical amplifier with assist light for application to wavelength converters using cross-phase modulation,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 42, no. 3, Article ID 01597418, pp. 313–323, 2006.
- C. Y. Jin, Y. Z. Huang, L. J. Yu, and S. L. Deng, “Detailed model and investigation of gain saturation and carrier spatial hole burning for a semiconductor optical amplifier with gain clamping by a vertical laser field,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 513–518, 2004.
- S. Verspurten, G. Morthier, and R. Baets, “Experimental and numerical small-signal analysis of two types of gain-clamped semiconductor optical amplifiers,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 42, no. 3, Article ID 01597417, pp. 302–312, 2006.
- S. L. Chuang, Physics of Optoelectronic Devices, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- M. J. Connelly, “Wide-band steady-state numerical model and parameter extraction of a tensile-strained bulk semiconductor optical amplifier,” IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 47–56, 2007.
- A. Yariv, Optical Electronics in Modern Communications, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 1997.