- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 808679, 5 pages
Modeling of Mid-IR Amplifier Based on an Erbium-Doped Chalcogenide Microsphere
Dipartimento di Elettrotecnica ed Elettronica, Politecnico di Bari, Via E. Orabona, 4-70125 Bari, Italy
Received 2 March 2012; Accepted 30 May 2012
Academic Editor: Francesco Prudenzano
Copyright © 2012 P. Bia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. C. Ren, F. Vollmer, S. Arnold, and A. Libchaber, “High-Q microsphere biosensor—analysis for adsorption of rodlike bacteria,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 25, pp. 17410–17423, 2007.
- F. Vollmer and S. Arnold, “Whispering-gallery-mode biosensing: label-free detection down to single molecules,” Nature Methods, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 591–596, 2008.
- L. Yang and K. J. Vahala, “Gain functionalization of silica microresonators,” Optics Letters, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 592–594, 2003.
- G. S. Murugan, M. N. Zervas, Y. Panitchob, and J. S. Wilkinson, “Integrated Nd-doped borosilicate glass microsphere laser,” Optics Letters, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 73–75, 2011.
- S. Y. Chen, T. Sun, K. T. V. Grattan, K. Annapurna, and R. Sen, “Characteristics of Er and Er-Yb-Cr doped phosphate microsphere fibre lasers,” Optics Communications, vol. 282, no. 18, pp. 3765–3769, 2009.
- P. Féron, “Whispering gallery mode lasers in erbium doped fluoride glasses,” Annales de la Fondation Louis de Broglie, vol. 29, no. 1-2, pp. 317–329, 2004.
- G. Nunzi Conti, A. Chiasera, L. Ghisa et al., “Spectroscopic and lasing properties of Er3+-doped glass microspheres,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 352, no. 23-25, pp. 2360–2363, 2006.
- G. R. Elliott, D. W. Hewak, G. S. Murugan, and J. S. Wilkinson, “Chalcogenide glass microspheres; their production, characterization and potential,” Optics Express, vol. 15, no. 26, pp. 17542–17553, 2007.
- L. Mescia, F. Prudenzano, M. De Sario, T. Palmisano, M. Ferrari, and G. C. Righini, “Design of rare-earth-doped microspheres,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 422–424, 2010.
- K. Totsuka and M. Tomita, “Optical microsphere amplification system,” Optics Letters, vol. 32, no. 21, pp. 3197–3199, 2007.
- Y. G. Boucher and P. Féron, “Generalized transfer function: a simple model applied to active single-mode microring resonators,” Optics Communications, vol. 282, no. 19, pp. 3940–3947, 2009.
- M. L. Gorodetsky and V. S. Ilchenko, “Optical microsphere resonators: optimal coupling to high-Q whispering-gallery modes,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 147–154, 1999.
- C. L. Zou, Y. Yang, C. H. Dong et al., “Taper-microsphere coupling with numerical calculation of coupled-mode theory,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1895–1898, 2008.
- L. Mescia, P. Bia, M. De Sario, A. Di Tommaso, and F. Prudenzano, “Design of mid-infrared amplifiers based on fiber taper coupling to erbium-dopedmicrospherical resonator,” Optics Express, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 7616–7629, 2012.
- B. E. Little, J. P. Laine, and H. A. Haus, “Analytic theory of coupling from tapered fibers and half-blocks into microsphere resonators,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 704–715, 1999.
- K. Vahala, Optical Microcavities, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2004.