- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 525142, 7 pages
Spectral Intensity Variation by the Correlation Function of Refractive Index Fluctuations of the Liquid Medium
Magnetic and Superconducting Materials Section, Materials & Advanced Accelerator Sciences Division, Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore 452013, Madhya Pradesh, India
Received 13 May 2013; Accepted 15 August 2013
Academic Editor: Ivan Djordjevic
Copyright © 2013 Nageshwar Singh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. L. Foldy, “The multiple scattering of waves. I. General theory of isotropic scattering by randomly distributed scatterers,” Physical Review, vol. 67, no. 3-4, pp. 107–119, 1945.
- M. Lax, “Multiple scattering of waves,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 287–310, 1951.
- L. A. Chernov, Wave Propagation in a Random Medium, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- V. I. Tatarskii, Wave Propagation in a Turbulent Medium, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- J. B. Keller, “Stochastic equations and wave propagation in random media,” in Proceedings of Symposia in Applied Mathematics, vol. 13, pp. 145–147, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1964.
- M. J. Beran, “Propagation of the mutual coherence function through random media,” The Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 1475–1480, 1966.
- V. I. Tatarskii and M. E. Gertsenshtein, “Propagation of waves in a medium with strong fluctuation of the refractive index,” Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, vol. 17, pp. 548–563, 1967.
- Z. I. Feizulin and Y. A. Kravtsov, “Broadening of a laser beam in a turbulent medium,” Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 33–35, 1967.
- P. Bassanini, “Wave propagation in a one-dimensional random medium,” Radio Science, vol. 2, pp. 429–436, 1967.
- A. Ishimaru, “Fluctuations of a beam wave propagating through a locally homogeneous medium,” Radio Science, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 295–305, 1969.
- A. Ishimaru, Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media, vol. 1-2, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1978.
- R. L. Fante, “Wave propagation in random media: a systems approach,” in Progress in Optics, E. Wolf, Ed., vol. 22, pp. 341–398, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1985.
- J. Wu, “Propagation of a Gaussian-Schell beam through turbulent media,” Journal of Modern Optics, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 671–684, 1990.
- J. Wu and A. D. Boardman, “Coherence length of a Gaussian Schell-model beam and atmospheric turbulence,” Journal of Modern Optics, vol. 38, pp. 1355–1363, 1991.
- A. Ishimaru, Electromagnetic Wave Propagation, Radiation, and Scattering, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1991.
- L. C. Andrews and R. L. Phillips, Laser Beam Propagation through Random Media, SPIE Press, Bellingham, Wash, USA, 1998.
- M. Santarsiero, F. Gori, R. Borghi, G. Cincotti, and P. Vahimaa, “Spreading properties of beams radiated by partially coherent Schell-model sources,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 106–112, 1999.
- J. Jannson, T. Jannson, and E. Wolf, “Spatial coherence discrimination in scattering,” Optics Letters, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 1060–1062, 1988.
- T. D. Visser, D. G. Fischer, and E. Wolf, “Scattering of light from quasi-homogeneous sources by quasi-homogeneous media,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1631–1638, 2006.
- G. Gbur and E. Wolf, “Spreading of partially coherent beams in random media,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 1592–1598, 2002.
- C. S. Zhou, “Design of a pulsed single-mode dye laser,” Applied Optics, vol. 23, no. 17, pp. 2879–2885, 1984.
- M. Amit, G. Bialolenker, D. Levron, and Z. Burshtein, “Refractive index gradients and dye solution flow characteristics in pulsed copper vapor laser pumped dye laser cells,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 1293–1298, 1988.
- N. Sharma, N. Singh, H. S. Vora, and S. L. Goyal, “Influence of the medium on the fluorescence of copper vapor laser pumped rhodamine 6 G dye: introduction, experimental details and stationary case,” Optics Journal, vol. 1, pp. 13–17, 2007.
- N. Sharma, N. Singh, H. S. Vora, and S. L. Goyal, “Influence of the medium on the fluorescence of copper vapor laser pumped rhodamine 6G dye: addendum,” Optics Journal, vol. 1, pp. 18–22, 2007.
- F. J. Duarte and L. W. Hillman, Dye Laser Principle, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- C. E. Webb, “High-power dye lasers pumped by copper vapor lasers,” in High—Power Dye Lasers, F. J. Duarte, Ed., pp. 143–182, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- S. G. Varnado, “Degradation in long-pulse dye laser emission under fast-flow conditions,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 5067–5068, 1973.
- N. Singh, H. K. Patel, S. K. Dixit, and H. S. Vora, “Fluorescence fluctuation of Rhodamine 6G dye for high repetition rate laser excitation,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 134, pp. 607–613, 2013.
- G. Popescu and A. Dogariu, “Optical path-length spectroscopy of wave propagation in random media,” Optics Letters, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 442–444, 1999.