- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 351584, 11 pages
Ray Tracing Methods for Correcting Chromatic Aberrations in Imaging Systems
1College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
2Canon USA, 9030 South Rita Road, Suite 302, Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
Received 26 November 2013; Accepted 18 February 2014; Published 30 March 2014
Academic Editor: Augusto Beléndez
Copyright © 2014 Dmitry Reshidko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Rayces and M. Rosete-Aguilar, “Differential equation for normal glass dispersion and evaluation of the secondary spectrum,” Applied Optics, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 2028–2039, 1999.
- J. L. Rayces and M. Rosete-Aguilar, “Selection of glasses for achromatic doublets with reduced secondary spectrum. I. Tolerance conditions for secondary spectrum, spherochromatism, and fifth-order spherical aberration,” Applied Optics, vol. 40, no. 31, pp. 5663–5676, 2001.
- P. N. Robb, “Selection of optical glasses. 1: two materials,” Applied Optics, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 1864–1877, 1985.
- R. I. Mercado and P. N. Robb, “Color-corrected optical systems and method of selecting optical materials therefor,” U.S Patent 5210646A, 1993.
- B. F. C. Albuquerque, J. Sasian, F. L. Sousa, and A. S. Montes, “Method of glass selection for color correction in optical system design,” Optics Express, vol. 20, pp. 13592–13611, 2012.
- R. D. Sigler, “Glass selection for airspaced apochromats using the Buchdahl dispersion equation,” Applied Optics, vol. 25, pp. 4311–4320, 1986.
- J. M. Sasián, S. A. Lerner, T. Y. Lin, and L. Laughlin, “Ray and van Cittert-Zernike characterization of spatial coherence,” Applied Optics, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1037–1043, 2001.
- R. N. Pfisterer, “Clever tricks in optical engineering,” in 7th Novel Optical Systems Design and Optimization, pp. 230–239, Denver, Colo, USA, August 2004.
- M. Misaka, A. Nishio, and H. Ogawa, “Optical system and optical apparatus having the same,” U.S. Patent 6,115,188A, 2000.