- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Optics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 865814, 9 pages
Optical Properties of Malachite Green Dye Doped SiO2 Glasses: Effect of Transition Metal (Fe-I) Used as a Codopant
Assam University, Diphu Campus, Karbi Anglong, Assam 782462, India
Received 6 January 2014; Accepted 12 April 2014; Published 22 May 2014
Academic Editor: Sulaiman Wadi Harun
Copyright © 2014 Dulen Bora and Subrata Hazarika. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Mallick and N. C. Mishra, “Evolution of structure, microstructure, electrical and magnetic properties of nickel oxide (NiO) with transition metal ion doping,” The American Journal of Materials Science, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 66–71, 2012.
- C. Armellini, M. Ferrari, M. Montagna, G. Pucker, C. Bernard, and A. Monteil, “Terbium(III) doped silica-xerogels: effect of aluminum(III) co-doping,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 245, pp. 115–121, 1999.
- Z. Shi, H. Lai, S. Yao, and S. Wang, “Photocatalytic activity of Fe and Ce co-doped mesoporous TiO2 catalyst under UV and visible light,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 614–620, 2012.
- L. Wang and T. Egerton, “The effect of transition metal on the optical properties and photoactivity of nanoparticulate titanium dioxide,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 19–27, 2012.
- D. A. Turnbull and S. G. Bishop, “Effect of transition metal co-doping on broad band luminescence excitation mechanism in rare earth-doped chalcogenide glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 213, no. 214, pp. 288–294, 1997.
- S. Ghosh, M. Mandal, and K. Mandal, “Effects of Fe doping and FeN-codoping on magnetic properties of SnO2 prepared by chemical co-precipitation,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 323, no. 8, pp. 1083–1087, 2011.
- A. D. Sontakke, K. Biswas, A. K. Mandal, R. Sen, and K. Annapurna, “Iron impurity in Nd3+ doped phosphate laser glass-Influence on spectroscopic performance,” in Proceeding of DAE-BRNS National Laser Symposium (NLS-20), pp. 243–245, 2012.
- A. Costela, I. Garcia-Moreno, and R. Sestre:, Handbook of Advanced Electronic and Photonic Materials and Devices, vol. 7, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2001.
- C. F. Song, M. K. Lu, P. Yang et al., “Green emission from Cr, Dy co-doped sol–gel SiO2 glasses,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 97, pp. 64–67, 2003.
- M. Genet, V. Brandel, M. P. Lahalle, and E. Simoni, “Transparent gel and xerogel of thorium phosphate. Optical spectroscopy with: Nd3+, Er3+, Eu3+, Cr3+ and rhodamine 6G,” in Sol-Gel Optics, vol. 1328 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 194–200, July 1990.
- M. Genet, V. Brandel, M. P. Lahalle, and E. Simoni, “Mise en evidence d'un transfert d'energie electronique entre la coumarine 460 et Eu3+ dans le xerogel de phosphate de thorium,” Comptes Rendus De L'Académie Des Sciences II, vol. 311, pp. 1321–1325, 1990.
- K. Binnemans, “Lanthanide-based luminescent hybrid materials,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 109, no. 9, pp. 4283–4374, 2009.
- W. Xu and Yi Lu, “Label-free fluorescent aptamer sensor based on regulation of malachite green fluorescence,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 574–578, 2010.
- R. Reisfeld, “Theory and application of spectroscopically active glasses,” in Sol-Gel Optics, J. D. MacKenzie and D. Ulrich, Eds., vol. 1328 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 29–39, 1990.
- C. J. Brinker and G. W. Scherer, Eds., Sol-Gel Science: The Physics and Chemistry of Sol-Gel Processing, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- H. A. El Batal, N. A. Ghoneim, N. Abdel Shafi, and M. A. Azooz, “Infrared spectra and crystallization of some Li2O-SiO2 glasses and the effect of CaO, Al2O3 and K2O additives,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 38, pp. 101–109, 2000.
- H. Dunken and R. H. Doremus, “Short time reactions of a na2o-cao-sio2 glass with water and salt solutions,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 61–72, 1987.
- C. J. Brinker, D. R. Tallant, E. P. Roth, and C. S. Ashley, “Sol-gel transition in simple silicates. III. Structural studies during densification,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 82, no. 1-3, pp. 117–126, 1986.
- J. Ro Chul and J. In Chung, “Structures and properties of silica gels prepared by the sol-gel method,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 1991.
- D. B. Williams and C. B. Carter, Transmission Electron Microscopy II, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- I. M. Thomas, S. A. Payne, and G. D. Wilke, “Optical properties and laser demonstrations of Nd-doped sol-gel silica glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 183–194, 1992.
- M. A. Meneses-Nava, O. Barbosa-García, L. A. Díaz-Torres, S. Chávez-Cerda, M. Torres-Cisneros, and T. A. King, “Effect of PMMA impregnation on the fluorescence quantum yield of sol-gel glasses doped with quinine sulfate,” Optical Materials, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 415–418, 2001.
- T. Förster, “Experimentelle und theoretische Untersuchung des zwischenmolekularen Ubergangs von Elektronenanregungsenergie,” Zeitschrift Für Naturforschung B, vol. 4a, article 321, 1949.
- D. L. Dexter, “A theory of sensitized luminescence in solids,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 836–839, 1953.
- C. K. Jorgensen, “Recent progress in ligand field theory,” Structure And Bonding, vol. 1, pp. 3–121, 1966.