- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Oceanography
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 314064, 8 pages
Analysis of Interfering Fully Developed, Colinear Deepwater Waves
Geology Department, Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile/Andean Geothermal Center of Excellence, Post-office Box 13158, Santiago, Chile
Received 9 November 2011; Revised 29 December 2011; Accepted 17 January 2012
Academic Editor: Lakshmi Kantha
Copyright © 2012 J. P. Le Roux. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Le Roux, “Characteristics of developing waves as a function of atmospheric conditions, water properties, fetch and duration,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 479–483, 2009.
- B. Kinsman, Wind Waves, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1965.
- O. M. Phillips, The Dynamics of the Upper Ocean, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 1977.
- Z. Demirbilek and C. L. Vincent, Water Wave Mechanics, Coastal Engineering Manual (EM 1110-2-1100), chapter II-1, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington DC, USA, 2002.
- IAHR, List of Sea State Parameters, Supplement to Bulletin no. 52, International Association of Hydraulic Research, Brussels, Belgium, 1986.
- G. B. Airy, “Tides and waves,” Encyclopedia Metropolitana, article 192, pp. 241–396, 1845.
- J. P. Le Roux, “A simple method to determine breaker height and depth for different deepwater wave height/length ratios and sea floor slopes,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 271–277, 2007.
- J. P. Le Roux, “A function to determine wavelength from deep into shallow water based on the length of the cnoidal wave at breaking,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 770–774, 2007.
- D. T. Resio, S. M. Bratos, and E. F. Thompson, Meteorology and Wave Climate, Coastal Engineering Manual, chapter II-2, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, DC, USA, 2003.
- J. P. Le Roux, “An extension of the Airy theory for linear waves into shallow water,” Coastal Engineering, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 295–301, 2008.