- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 962496, 6 pages
Measuring Thickness of Middle Ear Mucosa Using MRI and CT Imaging versus Histopathology
1Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
2Otolaryngology Research, Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
3Mineral Metabolism Research, Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Administration Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Received 7 September 2011; Accepted 20 November 2011
Academic Editor: Joseph E. Kerschner
Copyright © 2012 Mary Ann Nyc et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. R. Coker, L. S. Chan, S. J. Newberry et al., “Diagnosis, microbial epidemiology, and antibiotic treatment of acute otitis media in children: a systematic review,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 304, no. 19, pp. 2161–2169, 2010.
- K. H. Chan, J. D. Swarts, and L. Tan, “Middle ear mucosal inflammation: an in vivo model,” Laryngoscope, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 970–980, 1994.
- U. Peleg, R. Perez, D. Raveh, D. Berelowitz, and D. Cohen, “Stratification for malignant external otitis,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 301–305, 2007.
- J. R. Grandis, B. F. Branstetter, and V. L. Yu, “The changing face of malignant (necrotising) external otitis: clinical, radiological, and anatomic correlations,” Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 34–39, 2004.
- A. A. Aarnisalo, P. Tervahartiala, J. Jero, and J. Törnwall, “Surgical treatment of chronic otitis media with temporomandibular joint involvement,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 552–555, 2008.
- E. S. Olson, T. Jiang, T. A. Aguilera et al., “Activatable cell penetrating peptides linked to nanoparticles as dual probes for in vivo fluorescence and MR imaging of proteases,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107, no. 9, pp. 4311–4316, 2010.
- J. Xenellis, A. Mountricha, P. Maragoudakis et al., “A histological examination in the cases of initial diagnosis as chronic otitis media with a polypoid mass in the external ear canal,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 325–328, 2011.