- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 198497, 6 pages
Hydrothermal Synthesis of Nitrogen-Doped Titanium Dioxide and Evaluation of Its Visible Light Photocatalytic Activity
Key Laboratory for Special Functional Materials, Henan University, Kaifeng 475004, China
Received 14 September 2011; Revised 6 November 2011; Accepted 8 December 2011
Academic Editor: Mietek Jaroniec
Copyright © 2012 Junjie Qian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Hoffmann, S. T. Martin, W. Choi, and D. W. Bahnemann, “Environmental applications of semiconductor photocatalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 69–96, 1995.
- S. P. Kowalczyk, F. R. McFeely, L. Ley, V. T. Gritsyna, and D. A. Shirley, “The electronic structure of SrTiO3 and some simple related oxides (MgO, Al2O3, SrO, TiO2),” Solid State Communications, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 161–169, 1977.
- U. Siemon, D. Bahnemann, J. J. Testa, D. Rodríguez, M. I. Litter, and N. Bruno, “Heterogeneous photocatalytic reactions comparing TiO2 and Pt/TiO2,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 148, no. 1–3, pp. 247–255, 2002.
- M. Mrowetz, W. Balcerski, A. J. Colussi, and M. R. Hoffmann, “Oxidative power of nitrogen-doped TiO2 photocatalysts under visible illumination,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 45, pp. 17269–17273, 2004.
- W. Choi, A. Termin, and M. R. Hoffmann, “The role of metal ion dopants in quantum-sized TiO2: correlation between photoreactivity and charge carrier recombination dynamics,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 98, no. 51, pp. 13669–13679, 1994.
- M. Takeuchi, H. Yamashita, M. Matsuoka et al., “Photocatalytic decomposition of NO under visible light irradiation on the Cr-ion-implanted TiO2 thin film photocatalyst,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 67, no. 2–4, pp. 135–137, 2000.
- J. L. Gole, J. D. Stout, C. Burda, Y. Lou, and X. Chen, “Highly efficient formation of visible light tunable TiO2-xNx photocatalysts and their transformation at the nanoscale,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 1230–1240, 2004.
- H. Irie, Y. Watanabe, and K. Hashimoto, “Carbon-doped anatase TiO2 powders as a visible-light sensitive photocatalyst,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 772–773, 2003.
- R. Asahi, T. Morikawa, T. Ohwaki, K. Aoki, and Y. Taga, “Visible-light photocatalysis in nitrogen-doped titanium oxides,” Science, vol. 293, no. 5528, pp. 269–271, 2001.
- H. Irie, Y. Watanabe, and K. Hashimoto, “Nitrogen-concentration dependence on photocatalytic activity of TiO2-xNx powders,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 23, pp. 5483–5486, 2003.
- T. Ihara, M. Miyoshi, Y. Iriyama, O. Matsumoto, and S. Sugihara, “Visible-light-active titanium oxide photocatalyst realized by an oxygen-deficient structure and by nitrogen doping,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 403–409, 2003.
- S. Zhang, W. Li, Z. Jin et al., “Study on ESR and inter-related properties of vacuum-dehydrated nanotubed titanic acid,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 4-5, pp. 1365–1371, 2004.
- Y. Wang, C. Feng, M. Zhang, J. Yang, and Z. Zhang, “Visible light active N-doped TiO2 prepared from different precursors: origin of the visible light absorption and photoactivity,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 104, no. 3-4, pp. 268–274, 2011.
- J. Yang, Z. Jin, X. Wang et al., “Study on composition, structure and formation process of nanotube Na2Ti2O4(OH)2,” Journal of the Chemical Society. Dalton Transactions, no. 20, pp. 3898–3901, 2003.
- G. Cui, Z. Xu, Y. Wang, M. Zhang, and J. Yang, “A new method to prepare the novel anatase TiO2,” Surface Review and Letters, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 509–513, 2008.
- P. M. Kumar, S. Badrinarayanan, and M. Sastry, “Nanocrystalline TiO2 studied by optical, FTIR and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy: correlation to presence of surface states,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 358, no. 1, pp. 122–130, 2000.
- B. Erdem, R. A. Hunsicker, G. W. Simmons, E. David Sudol, V. L. Dimonie, and M. S. El-Aasser, “XPS and FTIR surface characterization of TiO2 particles used in polymer encapsulation,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2664–2669, 2001.
- N. C. Saha and H. G. Tompkins, “Titanium nitride oxidation chemistry: an x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 72, no. 7, pp. 3072–3079, 1992.
- S. K. Joung, T. Amemiya, M. Murabayashi, and K. Itoh, “Mechanistic studies of the photocatalytic oxidation of trichloroethylene with visible-light-driven N-doped TiO2 photocatalysts,” Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 21, pp. 5526–5534, 2006.
- S. Sato, R. Nakamura, and S. Abe, “Visible-light sensitization of TiO2 photocatalysts by wet-method N doping,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 284, no. 1-2, pp. 131–137, 2005.
- C. Burda, Y. Lou, X. Chen, A. C. S. Samia, J. Stout, and J. L. Gole, “Enhanced nitrogen doping in TiO2 nanoparticles,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 1049–1051, 2003.
- K. Yamada, H. Yamane, S. Matsushima et al., “Effect of thermal treatment on photocatalytic activity of N-doped TiO2 particles under visible light,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 21, pp. 7482–7487, 2008.
- Z. Lin, A. Orlov, R. M. Lambert, and M. C. Payne, “New insights into the origin of visible light photocatalytic activity of nitrogen-doped and oxygen-deficient anatase TiO2,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 44, pp. 20948–20952, 2005.
- S. Liu, J. Yu, and S. Mann, “Synergetic codoping in fluorinated Ti1-xZrxO2 hollow microspheres,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 24, pp. 10712–10717, 2009.
- I. Shiyanovskaya and M. Hepel, “Decrease of recombination losses in bicomponent WO3/TiO2 films photosensitized with cresyl violet and thionine,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 145, no. 11, pp. 3981–3985, 1998.