- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 314896, 10 pages
Theoretical Evidence for the Distance-Dependent Photoinduced Electron Transfer of Porphyrin-Oligothiophene-Fullerene Triads
1Department of Physics, Liaoning University, Shenyang 110036, China
2College of Science, Northeast Forestry University, Harbin 150040, China
3Institute of Theoretical Simulation Chemistry, Academy of Fundamental and Interdisciplinary Sciences, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150080, China
Received 17 August 2012; Revised 22 October 2012; Accepted 12 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ching-Song Jwo
Copyright © 2012 Shan Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. T. Sun and H. X. Xu, “A novel application of plasmonics: plasmon-driven surface-catalyzed reactions,” Small, vol. 8, no. 18, pp. 2777–2786, 2012.
- M. T. Sun, Z. L. Zhang, H. R. Zheng, and H. X. Xu, “In-situ plasmon-driven chemical reactions revealed by high vacuum tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy,” Scientific Reports, vol. 2, no. 647, 2012.
- T. Nakamura, M. Fujitsuka, Y. Araki et al., “Photoinduced electron transfer in porphyrin-oligothiophene-fullerene linked triads by excitation of a porphyrin moiety,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 30, pp. 10700–10710, 2004.
- F. Oswald, D. M. S. Islam, Y. Araki et al., “High effectiveness of oligothienylenevinylene as molecular wires in Zn-porphyrin and C60 connected systems,” Chemical Communications, no. 43, pp. 4498–4500, 2007.
- T. Vuorinen, K. Kaunisto, V. Chukharev, N. V. Tkachenko, A. Efimov, and H. Lemmetyinen, “Kinetics of photoinduced electron transfer in polythiophene-porphyrin- fullerene molecular films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 39, pp. 19515–19520, 2006.
- A. A. Bakulin, A. Rao, V. G. Pavelyev et al., “The role of driving energy and delocalized states for charge separation in organic semiconductors,” Science, vol. 335, no. 6074, pp. 1340–1344, 2012.
- B. Albinsson, M. P. Eng, K. Pettersson, and M. U. Winters, “Electron and energy transfer in donor-acceptor systems with conjugated molecular bridges,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 9, no. 44, pp. 5847–5864, 2007.
- D. M. Guldi, B. M. Illescas, C. M. Atienza, M. Wielopolski, and N. Martín, “Fullerene for organic electronics,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1587–1597, 2009.
- J. Ikemoto, K. Takimiya, Y. Aso, T. Otsubo, M. Fujitsuka, and O. Ito, “Porphyrin-oligothiophene-fullerene triads as an efficient intramolecular electron-transfer system,” Organic Letters, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 309–311, 2002.
- J. Liu, T. Tanaka, K. Sivula, A. P. Alivisatos, and J. M. J. Fréchet, “Employing end-functional polythiophene to control the morphology of nanocrystal—polymer composites in hybrid solar cells,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 21, pp. 6550–6551, 2004.
- A. Mishra, C. Q. Ma, and P. Bäuerle, “Functional oligothiophenes: molecular design for multidimensional nanoarchitectures and their applications,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 1141–1276, 2009.
- N. M. Boylea, J. Rochfordb, and M. T. Prycea, “Thienyl-appended porphyrins: synthesis, photophysical and electrochemical properties, and their applications,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 254, no. 1-2, pp. 77–102, 2010.
- T. Otsubo, Y. Aso, and K. Takimiya, “Functional oligothiophenes as advanced molecular electronic materials,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2565–2575, 2002.
- P. A. Van Hal, R. A. J. Janssen, G. Lanzani, G. Cerullo, M. Zavelani-Rossi, and S. De Silvestri, “Full temporal resolution of the two-step photoinduced energy-electron transfer in a fullerene-oligothiophene-fullerene triad using sub-10 fs pump-probe spectroscopy,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 345, no. 1-2, pp. 33–38, 2001.
- M. Sun, P. Song, Y. Chen, and F. Ma, “Intramolecular charge transfer in the porphyrin-oligothiophene-fullerene triad,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 416, no. 1–3, pp. 94–99, 2005.
- M. Fujitsuka, O. Ito, T. Yamashiro, Y. Aso, and T. Otsubo, “Solvent polarity dependence of photoinduced charge separation in a tetrathiophene-ceo dyad studied by pico- and nanosecond laser flash photolysis in the near-IR region,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 104, no. 21, pp. 4876–4881, 2000.
- M. Fujitsuka, K. Matsumoto, O. Ito, T. Yamashiro, Y. Aso, and T. Otsubo, “Pico- and nano-second laser flash photolysis study on photoinduced charge separation in oligothiophene-C60 dyad molecules,” Research on Chemical Intermediates, vol. 27, no. 1-2, pp. 73–88, 2001.
- M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel et al., Gaussian 09, Revision A.1, Gaussian, Wallingford, UK, 2009.
- Y. Z. Li, T. Pullerits, M. Y. Zhao, and M. T. Sun, “Theoretical characterization of the PC60BM:PDDTT model for an organic solar cell,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 44, pp. 21865–21873, 2011.
- R. E. Stratmann, G. E. Scuseria, and M. J. Frisch, “An efficient implementation of time-dependent density-functional theory for the calculation of excitation energies of large molecules,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 109, no. 19, pp. 8218–8224, 1998.
- W. J. D. Beenken and T. Pullerits, “Spectroscopic units in conjugated polymers: a quantum chemically founded concept?” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 20, pp. 6164–6169, 2004.
- S. Tretiak, A. Saxena, R. L. Martin, and A. R. Bishop, “Conformational dynamics of photoexcited conjugated molecules,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 974021–974024, 2002.
- Y. Z. Li, F. C. Ma, B. Dong, J. Li, and M. D. Chen, “Theoretical study of charge transfer mechanism in fullerene-phenyl-phenothiazine compound: a real-space analysis,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 1344–1350, 2012.
- J. Rissler, H. Bassler, F. Gebhard, and P. Schwerdtfeger, “Excited states of ladder-type poly-p-phenylene oligomers,” Physical Review B, vol. 64, Article ID 045122, 11 pages, 2001.
- S. S. Liu, X. M. Zhao, Y. Z. Li, and M. D. Chen, “Density functional theory study on Herzberg-Teller contribution in Raman scattering from 4-aminothiophenol-metal complex and metal-4-aminothiophenol-metal junction,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 130, Article ID 234509, 9 pages, 2009.
- V. M. Geskin, A. Dkhissi, and J. L. Brédas, “Oligothiophene radical cations: polaron structure in hybrid DFT and MP2 calculations,” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 350–354, 2003.
- D. L. Dexter, “A theory of sensitized luminescence in solids,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 836–850, 1953.