- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 398230, 6 pages
Photodegradation of Rhodamine B in Presence of CaO and NiO-CaO Catalysts
Chair for Construction Chemicals, Technische Universität München, Lichtenbergstraße 4, 85747 Garching bei München, Germany
Received 2 April 2012; Accepted 2 May 2012
Academic Editor: Leonardo Palmisano
Copyright © 2012 Tobias Kornprobst and Johann Plank. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Hoffmann, S. T. Martin, W. Y. Choi, and D. W. Bahnemann, “Environmental applications of semiconductor photocatalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 69–96, 1995.
- A. Matilainen and M. Sillanpaa, “Removal of natural organic matter from drinking water by advanced oxidation processes,” Chemosphere, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 351–365, 2010.
- K. Pirkanniemi and M. Sillanpaa, “Heterogeneous water phase catalysis as an environmental application: a review,” Chemosphere, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 1047–1060, 2002.
- M. M. Ballari, Q. L. Yu, and H. J. H. Brouwers, “Experimental study of the NO and NO2 degradation by photocatalytically active concrete,” Catalysis Today, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 175–180, 2011.
- M. Hunger, G. Husken, and H. J. H. Brouwers, “Photocatalytic degradation of air pollutants—from modeling to large scale application,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 313–320, 2010.
- G. Bolte, “Innovative building materials—reduction of pollutants with TioCem,” ZKG International, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 63–70, 2009.
- S. Guo, Z. Wu, and W. Zhao, “TiO2-based building materials: above and beyond traditional applications,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1137–1142, 2009.
- M. Hunger, G. Husken, and J. Brouwers, “Photocatalysis applied to concrete products,” ZKG International, vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 76–84, 2008.
- D. Arney, T. Watkins, and P. A. Maggard, “Effects of particle surface areas and microstructures on photocatalytic H2 and O2 production over PbTiO3,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 1483–1489, 2011.
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, “Electrochemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode,” Nature, vol. 238, no. 5358, pp. 37–38, 1972.
- M. Miyauchi, M. Takashio, and H. Tobimatsu, “Photocatalytic activity of SrTiO3 codoped with nitrogen and lanthanum under visible light illumination,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 232–236, 2004.
- Y. Lai, M. Meng, Y. Yu, X. Wang, and T. Ding, “Photoluminescence and photocatalysis of the flower-like nano-ZnO photocatalysts prepared by a facile hydrothermal method with or without ultrasonic assistance,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 105, no. 3-4, pp. 335–345, 2011.
- S. Laufs, G. Burgeth, W. Duttlinger et al., “Conversion of nitrogen oxides on commercial photocatalytic dispersion paints,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 44, no. 19, pp. 2341–2349, 2010.
- E. A. Konstantinova, A. I. Kokorin, S. Sakthivel, H. Kisch, and K. Lips, “Carbon-doped titanium dioxide: visible light photocatalysis and EPR investigation,” Chimia, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 810–814, 2007.
- S. Sakthivel, M. Janczarek, and H. Kisch, “Visible light activity and photoelectrochemical properties of nitrogen-doped TiO2,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 50, pp. 19384–19387, 2004.
- W. Cun, Z. Jincai, W. Xinming et al., “Preparation, characterization and photocatalytic activity of nano-sized ZnO/SnO2 coupled photocatalysts,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 269–279, 2002.
- L. Song and S. Zhang, “A simple mechanical mixing method for preparation of visible-light-sensitive NiO–CaO composite photocatalysts with high photocatalytic activity,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 174, no. 1–3, pp. 563–566, 2010.
- L. Song, S. Zhang, B. Chen, and D. Sun, “Highly active NiO–CaO photocatalyst for degrading organic contaminants under visible-light irradiation,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 421–423, 2009.