- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 670981, 7 pages
High-Efficiency Si Solar Cell Fabricated by Ion Implantation and Inline Backside Rounding Process
1Institute of Microelectronics and Department of Electrical Engineering, Center for Micro/Nano Science and Technology, Advanced Optoelectronic Technology Center, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
2Inventec Solar Energy Coporation, Taoyuan 335, Taiwan
Received 11 July 2012; Revised 13 November 2012; Accepted 17 November 2012
Academic Editor: Man Shing Wong
Copyright © 2012 Chien-Ming Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Lohmüller, B. Thaidigsmann, M. Pospischil et al., “20% efficient passivated large-area metal wrap through solar cells on Boron-Doped Cz Silicon,” IEEE Electron Device Letter, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1719–1721, 2011.
- B. Thaidigsmann, A. Drews, T. Fellmeth et al., “Synergistic effects of rear-surface passivation and the metal wrap through concept,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 109–113, 2012.
- F. Kiefer, C. Ulzhöfer, T. Brendemühl et al., “High efficiency N-type emitter-wrap-through silicon solar cells,” IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 49–53, 2011.
- D. Kray, J. Dicker, D. Osswald et al., “Progress in high-efficiency emitter-wrap-through cells on medium quality substrates,” in Proceddings of the 3rd World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, pp. 1340–1343, Osaka, Japan, May 2003.
- J. Renshaw and A. Rohatgi, “Device optimization for screen printed interdigitated back contact solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '11), pp. 002924–002927, Seattle, Wash, USA, 2011.
- F. J. Castaño, D. Morecroft, M. Cascant et al., “Industrially feasible >19% efficiency IBC cells for pilot line processing,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '11), pp. 001038–001042, Seattle, Wash, USA, 2011.
- T. Böscke, R. Hellriegel, T. Wütherich et al., “Fully screen-printed PERC cells with laser-fired contacts—an industrial cell concept with 19.5% efficiency,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC '11), pp. 003663–003666, Seattle, Wash, USA, 2011.
- P. Ortega, G. López, A. Orpella et al., “Crystalline silicon solar cells beyond 20% efficiency,” in Proceedings of the 8th Spanish Conference on Electron Devices (CDE '11), February 2011.
- M. Jeon, J. Lee, S. Kim, W. Lee, and E. Cho, “Ion implanted crystalline silicon solar cells with blanket and selective emitter,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 176, no. 16, pp. 1285–1290, 2011.
- T. Janssens, N. E. Posthuma, B. J. Pawlak, E. Rosseel, and J. Poortmans, “Implantation for an excellent definition of doping profiles in Si Solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC '10), pp. 6–10, Valencia, Spain, September 2010.
- S. K. Lamichhane and M. R. Lamsal, “Etching of crystalline silicon in thermal environment,” The Himalayan Physics, vol. 2, no. 2, 2011.
- H. F. Wolf, Semiconductors, John Wiley & Sons, 1971.
- A. S. Grove, Physics and Technology of Semiconductor Devices, John Wiley & Sons, 1967.
- D. V. Morgan, K. Board, and R. H. Cockrum, An Introduction to Microelectronic Technology, John Wiley & Sons, 1985.
- S. M. Sze, Semiconductor Device Physics and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, 1969.
- D. Redfield, “Method for evaluation of antireflection coatings,” Solar Cells, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 1981.
- G. E. Jellison and F. A. Modine, “Optical constants for silicon at 300 and 10 K determined from 1.64 to 4.73 eV by ellipsometry,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 3745–3753, 1982.
- E. D. Palik, Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- A. Guo, F. Ye, L. Guo, D. Ji, and S. Feng, “Effect of the back surface topography on the efficiency in silicon solar cells,” Journal of Semiconductors, vol. 30, no. 7, Article ID 074003, 2009.