- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 794876, 7 pages
Effect of the Phosphorus Gettering on Si Heterojunction Solar Cells
1Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Korea University, Anam-Dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-713, Republic of Korea
2Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Silla University, San1-1, Guebup-Dong, Sasang-gu, Busan 617-736, Republic of Korea
3KIER-UNIST Advanced Center for Energy, Korea Institute of Energy Research, UNIST-gil 50, Eonyang-eup, Ulju-gun, Ulsan 689-798, Republic of Korea
Received 9 November 2011; Accepted 17 December 2011
Academic Editor: Junsin Yi
Copyright © 2012 Hyomin Park et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Rohatgi, S. Narasimha, and L. Cai, “Gettering and passivation of high efficiency multicrystalline silicon solar cells,” in Proceedings of the American Institute of Physics Conference, vol. 394, pp. 199–213, 1997.
- A. Luque and S. Hegedus, “chapter 5. Solar grade silicon feedstock,” in Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, pp. 188–189, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- S. M. Myers, M. Seibt, and W. Schroter, “Mechanisms of transition-metal gettering in silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 3795–3819, 2000.
- A. Luque and S. Hegedus, Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- H Nagel, A. G. Aberle, and S. Narayanan, “Method for the evaluation of the influence of gettering and bulk passivation on non-uniform block-cast multicrystalline si solar cells,” Solid State Phenomena, vol. 67-68, pp. 503–508, 1999.
- A. Bentzen, H. Tathgar, R. Kopecek, R. Sinton, and A. Holt, “Recombination lifetime and trap density variations in multicrystalline silicon wafers through the block,” in Proceedings of the 31st IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists, pp. 1074–1077, January 2005.
- D. Macdonald, A. Cuevas, A. Kinomura, and Y. Nakano, “Phosphorus gettering in multicrystalline silicon studied by neutron activation analysis,” in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, pp. 285–288, May 2002.
- A. Cuevas, M. Stocks, S. Armand, M. Stuckings, A. Blakers, and F. Ferrazza, “High minority carrier lifetime in phosphorus-gettered multicrystalline silicon,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 1017–1019, 1997.
- J. S. Kang and D. K. Schroder, “Gettering in silicon,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 2974–2985, 1989.
- L. J. Caballero, C. del Canizo, P. Sanchez-Friera, and A. Luque, “Influence of P gettering thermal step on light-induced degradation in Cz Si,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 247–256, 2005.
- L. Baldi, G. F. Cerofolini, G. Ferla, and G. Frigerio, “Gold solubility in ailicon and gettering by phosphorus,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 523–532, 1978.
- S. A. Mchugo, H. Hieslmair, and E. R. Weber, “Gettering metallic impurities in photovoltaic silicon,” Applied Physics A-Materials Science and Processing, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 127–137, 1996.
- D. K. Schroder, Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd edition, 2006.