- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 829587, 5 pages
Low-Level Laser Therapy and Calcitonin in Bone Repair: Densitometric Analysis
1Universidade do Vale do Paraíba (UNIVAP), 12244-000 São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
2Health Science Faculty, Universidade do Vale do Paraíba (UNIVAP), 12244-000 São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
3Department of Biosciences and Oral Diagnosis, São José dos Campos Dental School, São Paulo State University (UNESP), 12245-000 São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
4Biomedical Vibrational Spectroscopy Laboratory, Research and Development Institute (IP&D), Universidade do Vale do Paraíba (UNIVAP), 12244-000 São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Received 24 January 2012; Revised 5 April 2012; Accepted 6 April 2012
Academic Editor: Jincai Zhao
Copyright © 2012 Tatiana Pinto Ribeiro et al.
- J. D. Almeida, E. A. L. Arisawa, R. F. da Rocha, and Y. R. Carvalho, “Effect of calcitonin on bone regeneration in male rats: a histomorphometric analysis,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 435–440, 2007.
- E. A. L. Arisawa, A. A. H. Brandão, J. D. Almeida, and R. F. da Rocha, “Calcitonin in bone-guided regeneration of mandibles in ovariectomized rats: densitometric, histologic and histomorphometric analysis,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2008.
- S. B. Nascimento, C. A. Cardoso, T. P. Ribeiro et al., “Effect of low-level laser therapy and calcitonin on bone repair in castrated rats: a densitometric study,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 45–49, 2010.
- D. Ofluoglu, E. Karadag-Saygi, C. Canbulat, O. H. Gunduz, E. Kul-Panza, and G. Akyuz, “Early effect of nasal salmon calcitonin on the bone marker Crosslaps,” Rheumatology International, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 288–291, 2006.
- M. Bulbul, C. Z. Esenyel, M. Esenyel, S. Ayanoglu, B. Bilgic, and T. Gulmez, “Effects of calcitonin on the biomechanics, histopathology, and radiography of callus formation in rats,” Journal of Orthopaedic Science, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 136–144, 2008.
- X. Li, X. Luo, N. Yu, and B. Zeng, “Effects of salmon calcitonin on fracture healing in ovariectomized rats,” Saudi Medical Journal, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 60–64, 2007.
- C. B. Lopes, M. T. T. Pacheco, L. Silveira Jr., J. Duarte, M. C. T. Cangussú, and A. L. B. Pinheiro, “The effect of the association of NIR laser therapy BMPs, and guided bone regeneration on tibial fractures treated with wire osteosynthesis: raman spectroscopy study,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, vol. 89, no. 2-3, pp. 125–130, 2007.
- C. B. Lopes, A. L. B. Pinheiro, S. Sathaiah, J. Duarte, and M. C. Martins, “Infrared laser light reduces loading time of dental implants: a raman spectroscopic study,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 27–31, 2005.
- G. Giro, D. Gonçalves, C. E. Sakakura, R. M. R. Pereira, E. Marcantonio Júnior, and S. R. P. Orrico, “Influence of estrogen deficiency and its treatment with alendronate and estrogen on bone density around osseointegrated implants: radiographic study in female rats,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 162–167, 2008.
- R. F. Z. Lizarelli, K. P. C. Ciconelli, C. A. Braga, and R. J. Berro, “Low-powered laser therapy associated to oral implantology,” in Lasers in Dentistry V, Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 69–73, San Jose, Calif, USA, January 1999.
- Y. Ueda and N. Shimizu, “Pulse irradiation of low-power laser stimulates bone nodule formation,” Journal of Oral Science, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2001.
- A. N. Silva Jr., A. L. B. Pinheiro, M. G. Oliveira, R. Weismann, L. M. P. Ramalho, and R. A. Nicolau, “Computerized morphometric assessment of the effect of low-level laser therapy on bone repair: an experimental animal study,” Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine and Surgery, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 83–87, 2002.
- J. C. Prado-Filho and F. A. Sterman, “Evaluation of mineral bone density in thoroughbred horses under an initial trainning programme,” Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Research Animal Science, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 384–388, 2004.
- A. L. B. Pinheiro, F. D. A. Limeira Jr., M. E. M. Gerbi et al., “Effect of 830-nm laser light on the repair of bone defects grafted with inorganic bovine bone and decalcified cortical osseous membrane,” Journal of Clinical Laser Medicine and Surgery, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 383–388, 2003.
- M. E. M. Gerbi, A. L. B. Pinheiro, C. Marzola et al., “Assessment of bone repair associated with the use of organic bovine bone and membrane irradiated at 830 nm,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 382–388, 2005.
- A. L. B. Pinheiro and M. E. M. M. Gerbi, “Photoengineering of bone repair processes,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 169–178, 2006.
- F. A. Claro, J. R. S. Lima, M. A. C. Salgado, and M. F. Gomes, “Porous polyethylene for tissue engineering applications in diabetic rats treated with calcitonin: histomorphometric analysis,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 211–219, 2005.
- A. P. Lirani-Galvão, V. Jorgetti, and O. Lopes da Silva, “Comparative study of how low-level laser therapy and low-intensity pulsed ultrasound affect bone repair in rats,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 735–740, 2006.
- D. A. A. P. Oliveira, R. F. de Oliveira, R. A. Zangaro, and C. P. Soares, “Evaluation of low-level laser therapy of osteoblastic cells,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 401–404, 2008.