- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 897595, 5 pages
Airbrush Spray Coating of Amorphous Titanium Dioxide for Inverted Polymer Solar Cells
Department of Electronic Engineering, (Centre for Hybrid and Organic Solar Energy), CHOSE, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via del Politecnico 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Received 25 September 2012; Revised 17 October 2012; Accepted 18 October 2012
Academic Editor: Vincenzo Augugliaro
Copyright © 2012 Luca La Notte et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Espinosa, M. Hösel, D. Angmo, and F. C. Krebs, “Solar cells with one-day energy payback for the factories of the future,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 5117–5132, 2012.
- M. Kaltenbrunner, M. S. White, E. D. Głowacki et al., “Ultrathin and lightweight organic solar cells with high flexibility,” Nature Communications, vol. 3, article 1772, p. 770, 2012.
- Y. Zhou, F. Li, S. Barrau, W. Tian, O. Inganäs, and F. Zhang, “Inverted and transparent polymer solar cells prepared with vacuum-free processing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 497–500, 2009.
- A. Colsmann, M. Reinhard, T.-H. Kwon et al., “Inverted semi-transparent organic solar cells with spray coated, surfactant free polymer top-electrodes,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 98, pp. 118–123, 2012.
- S. Albrecht, S. Schäfer, I. Lange et al., “Light management in PCPDTBT:PC70BM solar cells: a comparison of standard and inverted device structures,” Organic Electronics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 615–622, 2012.
- H. Sun, J. Weickert, H. C. Hesse, and L. Schmidt-Mende, “UV light protection through TiO2 blocking layers for inverted organic solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 3450–3454, 2011.
- M. P. De Jong, L. J. Van Ijzendoorn, and M. J. A. De Voigt, “Stability of the interface between indium-tin-oxide and poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)/poly(styrenesulfonate) in polymer light-emitting diodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 14, pp. 2255–2257, 2000.
- M. Jørgensen, K. Norrman, and F. C. Krebs, “Stability/degradation of polymer solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 7, pp. 686–714, 2008.
- H. H. Liao, L. M. Chen, Z. Xu, G. Li, and Y. Yang, “Highly efficient inverted polymer solar cell by low temperature annealing of Cs2CO3 interlayer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 1, no. 4, Article ID 173303, 2008.
- J. E. Lewis, E. Lafalce, P. Toglia, and X. Jiang, “Over 30% transparency large area inverted organic solar array by spray,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 10, pp. 2816–2822, 2011.
- P. S. Shinde, S. B. Sadale, P. S. Patil et al., “Properties of spray deposited titanium dioxide thin films and their application in photoelectrocatalysis,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 283–290, 2008.
- P. Baroch, J. Musil, J. Vlcek, K. H. Nam, and J. G. Han, “Reactive magnetron sputtering of films,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 193, no. 1–3, pp. 107–111, 2005.
- G. A. Battiston, R. Gerbasi, A. Gregori, M. Porchia, S. Cattarin, and G. A. Rizzi, “PECVD of amorphous TiO2 thin films: effect of growth temperature and plasma gas composition,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 371, no. 1, pp. 126–131, 2000.
- I. Sasajima, S. Uesaka, T. Kuwabara, T. Yamaguchi, and K. Takahashi, “Flexible inverted polymer solar cells containing an amorphous titanium oxide electron collection electrode,” Organic Electronics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 113–118, 2011.
- T. Kuwabara, H. Sugiyama, T. Yamaguchi, and K. Takahashi, “Inverted type bulk-heterojunction organic solar cell using electrodeposited titanium oxide thin films as electron collector electrode,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 13, pp. 3766–3769, 2009.
- S. Karuppuchamy and J. M. Jeong, “Super-hydrophilic amorphous titanium dioxide thin film deposited by cathodic electrodeposition,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 93, no. 2-3, pp. 251–254, 2005.
- T. Kuwabara, H. Sugiyama, M. Kuzuba, T. Yamaguchi, and K. Takahashi, “Inverted bulk-heterojunction organic solar cell using chemical bath deposited titanium oxide as electron collection layer,” Organic Electronics, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1136–1140, 2010.
- G. Susanna, L. Salamandra, T. M. Brown, A. Di Carlo, F. Brunetti, and A. Reale, “Airbrush spray-coating of polymer bulk-heterojunction solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 1775–1778, 2011.
- K. X. Steirer, M. O. Reese, B. L. Rupert et al., “Ultrasonic spray deposition for production of organic solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 447–453, 2009.
- J. Weickert, H. Sun, C. Palumbiny, H. C. Hesse, and L. Schmidt-Mende, “Spray-deposited PEDOT:PSS for inverted organic solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 2371–2374, 2010.
- K. J. Kim, Y. S. Kim, W. S. Kang et al., “Inspection of substrate-heated modified PEDOT:PSS morphology for all spray deposited organic photovoltaics,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 1303–1306, 2010.
- J.-W. Kang, Y.-J. Kang, S. Jung et al., “Fully spray-coated inverted organic solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 103, pp. 76–79, 2012.
- G. Bradshaw and A. J. Hughes, “Etching methods for indium oxide/tin oxide films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. L5–L8, 1976.
- S. Ito, M. K. Nazeeruddin, P. Liska et al., “Photovoltaic characterization of dye-sensitized solar cells: effect of device masking on conversion efficiency,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 589–601, 2006.
- V. Zardetto, T. M. Brown, A. Reale, and A. Di Carlo, “Substrates for flexible electronics: a practical investigation on the electrical, film flexibility, optical, temperature, and solvent resistance properties,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 638–648, 2011.
- G. Mincuzzi, M. Schulz-Ruhtenberg, L. Vesce et al., “Laser processing of TiO2 films for dye solar cells: a thermal, sintering, throughput and embodied energy investigation,” Progress in Photovoltaics. In press.
- C. Y. Li, T. C. Wen, T. H. Lee et al., “An inverted polymer photovoltaic cell with increased air stability obtained by employing novel hole/electron collecting layers,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1643–1647, 2009.
- J. Y. Kim, S. H. Kim, H. H. Lee et al., “New architecture for high-efficiency polymer photovoltaic cells using solution-based titanium oxide as an optical spacer,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 572–576, 2006.
- C. Waldauf, M. Morana, P. Denk et al., “Highly efficient inverted organic photovoltaics using solution based titanium oxide as electron selective contact,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 23, Article ID 233517, 2006.