- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 202467, 5 pages
Performance of Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells Fabricated Using Spray-Deposited Poly[[9-(1-octylnonyl)-9H-carbazole-2,7-diyl]-2,5-thiophenediyl-2,1,3-benzothiadiazole-4,7-diyl-2,5-thiophenediyl]/[6,6]-Phenyl C71 Butyric Acid Methyl Ester Blend Active Layers
1Department of Electrical Engineering, INHA University, 253 Yonghyun-dong, Nam-gu, Incheon 402-751, Republic of Korea
2Department of Electrical Engineering, Aichi Institute of Technology, Toyota, Aichi 470-0392, Japan
Received 22 October 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ho Chang
Copyright © 2013 Im-Jun No et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. J. Brabec, S. Gowrisanker, J. J. M. Halls, D. Laird, S. Jia, and S. P. Williams, “Polymer-fullerene bulk-heterojunction solar cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 34, pp. 3839–3856, 2010.
- F. C. Krebs, “Fabrication and processing of polymer solar cells: a review of printing and coating techniques,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 394–412, 2009.
- J. Chen and Y. Cao, “Development of novel conjugated donor polymers for high-efficiency bulk-heterojunction photovoltaic devices,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 1709–1718, 2009.
- S. H. Park, A. Roy, S. Beaupré et al., “Bulk heterojunction solar cells with internal quantum efficiency approaching 100%,” Nature Photonics, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 297–303, 2009.
- Y. Liang, D. Feng, Y. Wu et al., “Highly efficient solar cell polymers developed via fine-tuning of structural and electronic properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 22, pp. 7792–7799, 2009.
- J. Hou, H. Y. Chen, S. Zhang et al., “Synthesis of a low band gap polymer and its application in highly efficient polymer solar cells,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 43, pp. 15586–15587, 2009.
- Y. Liang, Z. Xu, J. Xia et al., “For the bright future-bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells with power conversion efficiency of 7.4%,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 20, pp. E135–E138, 2010.
- N. Blouin, A. Michaud, and M. Leclerc, “A low-bandgap poly(2,7-carbazole) derivative for use in high-performance solar cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 17, pp. 2295–2300, 2007.
- S. Wakim, S. Beaupré, N. Blouin et al., “Highly efficient organic solar cells based on a poly(2,7-carbazole) derivative,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 30, pp. 5351–5358, 2009.
- B. Peng, A. Najari, B. Liu et al., “A new dithienylbenzotriazole-based poly(2,7-carbazole) for efficient photovoltaics,” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol. 211, no. 18, pp. 2026–2033, 2010.
- T. Y. Chu, S. Alem, P. G. Verly et al., “Highly efficient polycarbazole-based organic photovoltaic devices,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, Article ID 063304, 3 pages, 2009.
- C. N. Hoth, S. A. Choulis, P. Schilinsky, and C. J. Brabec, “High photovoltaic performance of inkjet printed polymer: fullerene blends,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 3973–3978, 2007.
- C. Girotto, B. P. Rand, J. Genoe, and P. Heremans, “Exploring spray coating as a deposition technique for the fabrication of solution-processed solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 454–458, 2009.
- F. C. Krebs, “Polymer solar cell modules prepared using roll-to-roll methods: knife-over-edge coating, slot-die coating and screen printing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 465–475, 2009.
- D. Vak, S. S. Kim, J. Jo et al., “Fabrication of organic bulk heterojunction solar cells by a spray deposition method for low-cost power generation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 8, Article ID 081102, 2007.
- R. Green, A. Morfa, A. J. Ferguson, N. Kopidakis, G. Rumbles, and S. E. Shaheen, “Performance of bulk heterojunction photovoltaic devices prepared by airbrush spray deposition,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 3, Article ID 033301, 2008.
- Y. F. Lim, S. Lee, D. J. Herman, M. T. Lloyd, J. E. Anthony, and G. G. Malliaras, “Spray-deposited poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene): poly(styrenesulfonate) top electrode for organic solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 19, Article ID 193301, 3 pages, 2008.
- C. N. Hoth, R. Steim, P. Schilinsky et al., “Topographical and morphological aspects of spray coated organic photovoltaics,” Organic Electronics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 587–593, 2009.
- K. J. Kim, Y. S. Kim, W. S. Kang et al., “Inspection of substrate-heated modified PEDOT:PSS morphology for all spray deposited organic photovoltaics,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 1303–1306, 2010.
- S. I. Na, B. K. Yu, S. S. Kim et al., “Fully spray-coated ITO-free organic solar cells for low-cost power generation,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 1333–1337, 2010.
- A. Roy, S. H. Park, S. Cowan et al., “Titanium suboxide as an optical spacer in polymer solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 1, Article ID 013302, 3 pages, 2009.