- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 257487, 9 pages
Low-Voltage Ride-Through Capability of a Single-Stage Single-Phase Photovoltaic System Connected to the Low-Voltage Grid
Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Pontoppidanstraede 101, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Received 11 September 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Sih-Li Chen
Copyright © 2013 Yongheng Yang and Frede Blaabjerg. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- EPIA, “EPIA-Photovoltaic Market Report, 2011,” http://www.epia.org/.
- F. Iov, A. D. Hansen, P. E. Sørensen, and N. A. Cutululis, “Mapping of grid faults and grid codes,” Tech. Rep., Risø National Laboratory, Technical University of Denmark, 2007.
- E. ON GmbH, “Grid Code—High and extra high voltage,” http://www.eon-netz.com/.
- M. Braun, G. Arnold, and H. Laukamp, “Plugging into the Zeitgeist,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 63–76, 2009.
- Comitato Elettrotecnico Italiano, “CEI 0-21: Reference technical rules for connecting users to the active and passive LV distribution companies of electricity,” http://www.ceiweb.it/.
- H. Kobayashi, “Fault ride through requirements and measures of distributed PV systems in Japan,” in Proceedings of the IEEE-PES General Meeting, pp. 1–6, July 2012.
- R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and P. Rodriguez, Grid Converters For Photovoltaic and Wind Power Systems, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2011.
- F. Blaabjerg, R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and A. V. Timbus, “Overview of control and grid synchronization for distributed power generation systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1398–1409, 2006.
- S. B. Kjaer, J. K. Pedersen, and F. Blaabjerg, “A review of single-phase grid-connected inverters for photovoltaic modules,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1292–1306, 2005.
- Y. Yang, F. Blaabjerg, and Z. Zou, “Benchmarking of grid fault modes in single-phase grid-connected photovoltaic systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE '12), pp. 4370–4377, September 2012.
- K. Fujii, N. Kanao, T. Yamada, and Y. Okuma, “Fault ride through capability for solar inverters,” in Proceedings of the European Power Electronics (EPE '11), pp. 1–9, 2011.
- M. Z. C. Wanik, A. Mohamed, A. F. A. Kadir, and I. Erlich, “Low voltage ride through capability of fuel cell generation system connected to low voltage network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Clean Energy and Technology (CET '11), pp. 369–373, June 2011.
- R. A. Mastromauro, M. Liserre, T. Kerekes, and A. Dell'Aquila, “A single-phase voltage-controlled grid-connected photovoltaic system with power quality conditioner functionality,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 4436–4444, 2009.
- C. H. Benz, W. T. Franke, and F. W. Fuchs, “Low voltage ride through capability of a 5 kW grid-tied solar inverter,” in Proceedings of the 14th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE-PEMC '10), pp. T1213–T1220, September 2010.
- G. M. S. Azevedo, G. Vazquez, A. Luna, D. Aguilar, and A. Rolan, “Photovoltaic inverters with fault ride-through capability,” in IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (IEEE ISIE '09), pp. 549–553, July 2009.
- P. Rodriguez, A. Luna, R. Munoz-Aguilar, F. Corcoles, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, “Control of power converters in distributed generation applications under grid fault conditions,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE '11), pp. 2649–2656, September 2011.
- M. Saitou and T. Shimizu, “Generalized theory of instantaneous active and reactive powers in single-phase circuits based on Hilbert transform,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 33rd Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '02), pp. 1419–1424, June 2002.
- S. Dasgupta, S. K. Sahoo, and S. K. Panda, “Single-phase inverter control techniques for interfacing renewable energy sources with microgrid-Part I: parallel-connected inverter topology with active and reactive power flow control along with grid current shaping,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 717–731, 2011.
- S. A. Khajehoddin, M. K. Ghartemani, A. Bakhshai, and P. Jain, “A power control method with simple structure and fast dynamic response for single-phase grid-connected DG systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 221–233, 2013.
- J. C. Vasquez, R. A. Mastromauro, J. M. Guerrero, and M. Liserre, “Voltage support provided by a droop-controlled multifunctional inverter,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 4510–4519, 2009.
- D. Kai, K. W. E. Cheng, X. D. Xue et al., “A novel detection method for voltage sags,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Power Electronics Systems and Applications (ICPESA '06), pp. 250–255, November 2006.
- D.-M. Lee, T. G. Habetler, R. G. Harley, T. L. Keister, and J. R. Rostron, “A voltage sag supporter utilizing a PWM-switched autotransformer,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 626–635, 2007.
- B. Bae, J. Lee, J. Jeong, and B. Han, “Line-interactive single-phase dynamic voltage restorer with novel sag detection algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2702–2709, 2010.
- C. Fitzer, M. Barnes, and P. Green, “Voltage sag detection technique for a dynamic voltage restorer,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 203–212, 2004.
- O. C. Montero-Hernández and P. N. Enjeti, “A fast detection algorithm suitable for mitigation of numerous power quality disturbances,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1684–1690, 2005.
- S.-F. Chou, C.-T. Lee, P.-T. Cheng, and F. Blaabjerg, “A reactive current injection technique for renewable energy converters in low voltage ride-through operations,” in Proceedings of the IEEE-PES General Meeting, pp. 1–7, July 2011.
- C.-T. Lee, C.-W. Hsu, and P.-T. Cheng, “A low-voltage ride-through technique for grid-connected converters of distributed energy resources,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 1821–1832, 2011.
- M. Ciobotaru, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, “Control of single-stage single-phase PV inverter,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE ’05), pp. 1–10, September 2005.
- D. Dong, T. Thacker, R. Burgos, F. Wang, and D. Boroyevich, “On zero steady-state error voltage control of single-phase PWM inverters with different load types,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 3285–3297, 2011.
- S. Jiang, D. Cao, Y. Li, J. Liu, and F. Z. Peng, “Low-THD, fast-transient, and cost-effective synchronous-frame repetitive controller for three-phase UPS inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 2994–3005, 2012.
- Plexim GmbH, “PLECS 3. 3. 1 User Manual,” 2012, http://www.plexim.com.