- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 314097, 7 pages
Matching of Silicon Thin-Film Tandem Solar Cells for Maximum Power Output
Forschungszentrum Jülich, IEK5-Photovoltaik, 52425 Jülich, Germany
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Franca Morazzoni
Copyright © 2013 C. Ulbrich et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Nelson, The Physics of the Solar Cell, Imperial College Press, 2003.
- J. Burdick and T. Glatfelter, “Spectral response and I-V measurements of tandem amorphous-silicon alloy solar cells,” Solar Cells, vol. 18, no. 3-4, pp. 301–314, 1986.
- M. Bliss, T. R. Betts, and R. Gottschalg, “Indoor measurement of photovoltaic device characteristics at varying irradiance, temperature and spectrum for energy rating,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 11, Article ID 115701, 2010.
- R. Adelhelm and K. Bücher, “Performance and parameter analysis of tandem solar cells using measurements at multiple spectral conditions,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 50, no. 1–4, pp. 185–195, 1998.
- Y. Tsuno, Y. Hishikawa, and K. Kurokawa, “Separation of the I-V curve of each component cell of multi-junction solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 31st IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, pp. 1476–1479, January 2005.
- M. Meusel, R. Adelhelm, F. Dimroth, A. W. Bett, and W. Warta, “Spectral mismatch correction and spectrometric characterization of monolithic III-V multi-junction solar cells,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 243–255, 2002.
- S. R. Kurtz, K. Emery, and J. M. Olson, “Methods for analysis of two-junction, two-terminal photovoltaic devices,” in Proceedings of the 24th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, pp. 1733–1737, December 1994.
- T. Repmann, J. Kirchhoff, W. Reetz, F. Birmans, J. Müller, and B. Rech, “Investigations on the current matching of highly efficient tandem solar cells based on amorphous and microcrystalline silicon,” in Proceddings of the 3rd World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, pp. 1843–1846, Osaka, Japan, May 2003.
- C. Ulbrich, C. Zahren, J. Noll et al., “Power matching of tandem solar cells,” in Proceedings of 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 302–305, 2011.
- T. Merdzhanova, T. Zimmermann, U. Zastrow, W. Beyer, F. Finger, and A. Gordijn, “Single-chamber process for silicon tandem solar cells: role of phosphorous and boron in the tunnel recombination junction,” submitted to Journal of Physics D.
- IEC, “Photovoltaic devices—Part 3: Measurement principles for terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) solar devices with reference spectral irradiance data,” 60904-3 ed. 2, 2008.
- W. E. McMahon, K. E. Emery, D. J. Friedman et al., “Fill factor as a probe of current-matching for GaInP2/GaAs tandem cells in a concentrator system during outdoor operation,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 213–224, 2008.