- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 419182, 5 pages
H2 Fuels from Photocatalytic Splitting of Seawater Affected by Nano-TiO2 Promoted with CuO and NiO
1Department of Environmental Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
2Sustainable Environment Research Center, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
3Center for Micro/Nano Science and Technology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
4Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tunghai University, Taichung 40704, Taiwan
5Department of Engineering and System Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Received 30 May 2013; Revised 24 July 2013; Accepted 24 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jiaguo Yu
Copyright © 2013 A.-J. Simamora et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. Hussain, I. Dincer, and X. Li, “A preliminary life cycle assessment of PEM fuel cell powered automobiles,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, no. 13, pp. 2294–2299, 2007.
- S. J. Choung, J. Kim, and H. R. Kim, “The characterization and hydrogen production from water decomposition with methanol in a semi-batch type reactor using In, P-TiO2s,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2011, Article ID 359161, 7 pages, 2011.
- A. Y. Kim and M. Kang, “Effect of Al-Cu bimetallic components in a TiO2 framework for high hydrogen production on methanol/water photo-splitting,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 618642, 9 pages, 2012.
- G. Lee, M. K. Yeo, M. H. Um, and M. Kang, “High-efficiently photoelectrochemical hydrogen production over Zn-incorporated TiO2 nanotubes,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 843042, 10 pages, 2012.
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, “Electrochemical photolysis of water at a semiconductor electrode,” Nature, vol. 238, no. 5358, pp. 37–38, 1972.
- H. Kato and A. Kudo, “Visible-light-response and photocatalytic activities of TiO2 and SrTiO3 photocatalysts codoped with antimony and chromium,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 19, pp. 5029–5034, 2002.
- R. Niishiro, H. Kato, and A. Kudo, “Nickel and either tantalum or niobium-codoped TiO2 and SrTiO3 photocatalysts with visible-light response for H2 or O2 evolution from aqueous solutions,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 2241–2245, 2005.
- Y. Wu, G. Lu, and S. Li, “The long-term photocatalytic stability of Co2+-modified P25-TiO2 powders for the H2 production from aqueous ethanol solution,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 181, no. 2-3, pp. 263–267, 2006.
- M. Kitano, M. Takeuchi, M. Matsuoka, J. M. Thomas, and M. Anpo, “Photocatalytic water splitting using Pt-loaded visible light-responsive TiO2 thin film photocatalysts,” Catalysis Today, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 133–138, 2007.
- T. Sreethawong, S. Laehsalee, and S. Chauadej, “Comparative investigation of mesoporous- and non-mesoporous-assembled TiO2 nanocrystals for photocatalytic H2 production over N-doped TiO2 under visible light irradiation,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 33, no. 21, pp. 5947–5957, 2008.
- K. Maeda and K. Domen, “New non-oxide photocatalysts designed for overall water splitting under visible light,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 22, pp. 7851–7861, 2007.
- S. Xu and D. D. Sun, “Significant improvement of photocatalytic hydrogen generation rate over TiO2 with deposited CuO,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 34, no. 15, pp. 6096–6104, 2009.
- H. Yan, J. Yang, G. Ma et al., “Visible-light-driven hydrogen production with extremely high quantum efficiency on Pt-PdS/CdS photocatalyst,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 266, no. 2, pp. 165–168, 2009.
- A. Lair, C. Ferronato, J. M. Chovelon, and J. M. Herrmann, “Naphthalene degradation in water by heterogeneous photocatalysis: an investigation of the influence of inorganic anions,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 193, no. 2-3, pp. 193–203, 2008.
- Y. Li, D. Gao, S. Peng, G. Lu, and S. Li, “Photocatalytic hydrogen evolution over Pt/Cd0.5Zn0.5S from saltwater using glucose as electron donor: an investigation of the influence of electrolyte NaCl,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 4291–4297, 2011.
- M. R. Hoffmann, S. T. Martin, W. Choi, and D. W. Bahnemann, “Environmental applications of semiconductor photocatalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 69–96, 1995.
- Y. Li, F. He, S. Peng, D. Gao, G. Lu, and S. Li, “Effects of electrolyte NaCl on photocatalytic hydrogen evolution in the presence of electron donors over Pt/TiO2,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 341, no. 1-2, pp. 71–76, 2011.
- J. Yu, Y. Hai, and M. Jaroniec, “Photocatalytic hydrogen production over CuO-modified titania,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 223–228, 2011.
- J. Yu and J. Ran, “Facile preparation and enhanced photocatalytic H2-production activity of Cu(OH)2 cluster modified TiO2,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1364–1371, 2011.
- H. J. Choi and M. Kang, “Hydrogen production from methanol/water decomposition in a liquid photosystem using the anatase structure of Cu loaded TiO2,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 16, pp. 3841–3848, 2007.
- T. Sreethawong and S. Yoshikawa, “Comparative investigation on photocatalytic hydrogen evolution over Cu-, Pd-, and Au-loaded mesoporous TiO2 photocatalysts,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 661–668, 2005.
- J. Yu, Y. Hai, and B. Cheng, “Enhanced photocatalytic H2-production activity of TiO2 by Ni(OH)2 cluster modification,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 11, pp. 4953–4958, 2011.
- W. Wang, S. Liu, L. Nie, B. Cheng, and J. Yu, “Enhanced photocatalytic H2-production activity of TiO2 using Ni(NO3)2 as an additive,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 15, no. 29, pp. 12033–12039, 2013.