- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 452542, 10 pages
Dynamic Hydrogen Production from Methanol/Water Photo-Splitting Using Core@Shell-Structured CuS@TiO2 Catalyst Wrapped by High Concentrated TiO2 Particles
1Department of Chemistry, College of Science, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-749, Republic of Korea
2Plant Engineering Division, Institute for Advanced Engineering, 633-2 Goan-ri, Baegam-myeon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi 449-863, Republic of Korea
3School of Chemical Engineering, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-749, Republic of Korea
Received 12 July 2013; Revised 1 August 2013; Accepted 1 August 2013
Academic Editor: Jiaguo Yu
Copyright © 2013 Younghwan Im et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Xu, A. J. Du, J. Liu, J. Ng, and D. D. Sun, “Highly efficient CuO incorporated TiO2 nanotube photocatalyst for hydrogen production from water,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 6560–6568, 2011.
- S. Xu, J. Ng, X. Zhang, H. Bai, and D. D. Sun, “Fabrication and comparison of highly efficient Cu incorporated TiO2 photocatalyst for hydrogen generation from water,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 5254–5261, 2010.
- S. Onsuratoom, T. Puangpetch, and S. Chavadej, “Comparative investigation of hydrogen production over Ag-, Ni-, and Cu-loaded mesoporous-assembled TiO2-ZrO2 mixed oxide nanocrystal photocatalysts,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 667–675, 2011.
- Q. Wang, N. An, Y. Bai et al., “High photocatalytic hydrogen production from methanol aqueous solution using the photocatalysts CuS/TiO2,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 25, pp. 10739–10745, 2013.
- T. Miwa, S. Kaneco, H. Katsumata et al., “Photocatalytic hydrogen production from aqueous methanol solution with CuO/Al2O3/TiO2 nanocomposite,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 35, no. 13, pp. 6554–6560, 2010.
- M. Zhong, J. Shi, W. Zhang, H. Han, and C. Li, “Charge recombination reduction in dye-sensitized solar cells by depositing ultrapure TiO2 nanoparticles on “inert” BaTiO3 films,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 176, no. 14, pp. 1115–1122, 2011.
- L. S. Yoong, F. K. Chong, and B. K. Dutta, “Development of copper-doped TiO2 photocatalyst for hydrogen production under visible light,” Energy, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1652–1661, 2009.
- A. H. Gordillo, F. Tzompantzi, and R. Gómez, “An efficient ZnS-UV photocatalysts generated in situ from ZnS(en)0.5 hybrid during the H2 production in methanol-water solution,” International Journal of Hydrogen, vol. 37, no. 22, pp. 17002–17008, 2012.
- P. Gomathisankar, K. Hachisuka, H. Katsumata, T. Suzuki, K. Funasaka, and S. Kaneco, “Photocatalytic hydrogen production with CuS/ZnO from aqueous Na2S + Na2SO3 solution,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 21, pp. 8625–8630, 2013.
- L. Qi, J. Yu, and M. Jaroniec, “Preparation and enhanced visible-light photocatalytic H2-production activity of CdS-sensitized Pt/TiO2 nanosheets with exposed (001) facets,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 13, no. 19, pp. 8915–8923, 2011.
- G. Lee and M. Kang, “Physicochemical properties of core/shell structured pyrite FeS2/anatase TiO2 composites and their photocatalytic hydrogen production performances,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1482–1489, 2013.
- J. Kim and M. Kang, “High photocatalytic hydrogen production over the band gap-tuned urchin-like Bi2S3-loaded TiO2 composites system,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 8249–8256, 2012.
- J. Kim, Y. Sohn, and M. Kang, “New fan blade-like core-shell Sb2TixSy photocatalytic nanorod for hydrogen production from methanol/water photolysis,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 2136–2143, 2013.
- P. Gao, J. Liu, T. Zhang, D. D. Sun, and W. Ng, “Hierarchical TiO2/CdS “spindle-like” composite with high photodegradation and antibacterial capability under visible light irradiation,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 229-230, pp. 209–216, 2012.
- H. Lee, Y. Park, and M. Kang, “Synthesis of characterization of ZnxTiyS and its photocatalytic activity for hydrogen production from methanol/water photo-splitting,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 1162–1168, 2013.
- C. Xing, Y. Zhang, W. Yan, and L. Guo, “Band structure-controlled solid solution of Cd1-xZnxS photocatalyst for hydrogen production by water splitting,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 2018–2024, 2006.
- T. T. ThanhThuy, P. Sheng, C. Huang et al., “Synthesis and photocatalytic application of ternary Cu-Zn-S nanoparticle-sensitized TiO2 nanotube arrays,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 210, pp. 425–431, 2012.
- K. W. Cheng and C. J. Liang, “Preparation of Zn-In-S film electrodes using chemical bath deposition for photoelectrochemical applications,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 1137–1145, 2010.
- S. Sahai, M. Husain, V. Shanker, N. Singh, and D. Haranath, “Facile synthesis and step by step enhancement of blue photoluminescence from Ag-doped ZnS quantum dots,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 357, no. 2, pp. 379–383, 2011.
- F. Jia, Z. Yao, and Z. Jiang, “Solvothermal synthesis ZnS-In2S3-Ag2S solid solution coupled with TiO2-xSx nanotubes film for photocatalytic hydrogen production,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 3048–3055, 2012.
- J. U. Kim, Y. K. Kim, and H. Yang, “Reverse micelle-derived Cu-doped Zn1-xCdxS quantum dots and their core/shell structure,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 341, no. 1, pp. 59–63, 2010.
- K. W. Cheng, C. M. Huang, Y. C. Yu, C. T. Li, C. K. Shu, and W. L. Liu, “Photoelectrochemical performance of Cu-doped ZnIn2S4 electrodes created using chemical bath deposition,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 1940–1948, 2011.
- J. Sun, G. Chen, G. Xiong, J. Pei, and H. Dong, “Hierarchical microarchitectures of AgGa1-xInxS2: long chain alcohol assisted synthesis, band gap tailoring and photocatalytic activities of hydrogen generation,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 25, pp. 10731–10738, 2013.
- H. Qi, J. Huang, L. Cao, J. Wu, and J. Li, “Controlled synthesis and optical properties of doughnut-aggregated hollow sphere-like CuS,” Ceramics International, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 6659–6664, 2012.
- J. Zhang, J. Yu, Y. Zhang, Q. Li, and J. R. Gong, “Visible light photocatalytic H2-production activity of CuS/ZnS porous nanosheets based on photoinduced interfacial charge transfer,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 4774–4779, 2011.
- J. Yu and J. Ran, “Facile preparation and enhanced photocatalytic H2-production activity of Cu(OH)2 cluster modified TiO2,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1364–1371, 2011.
- J. Zhang, Z. Liu, B. Han et al., “Preparation of silica and TiO2-SiO2 core-shell nanoparticles in water-in-oil microemulsion using compressed CO2 as reactant and antisolvent,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 194–201, 2006.
- J. Du, G. Zhao, H. Pang, Y. Qian, H. Liu, and D. J. Kang, “A template method for synthesis of porous Sn-doped TiO2 monolith and its enhanced photocatalytic activity,” Materials Letters, vol. 93, pp. 419–422, 2013.
- F. Deng, Y. Li, X. Luo, L. Yang, and X. Tu, “Preparation of conductive polypyrrole/TiO2 nanocomposite via surface molecular imprinting technique and its photocatalytic activity under simulated solar light irradiation,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 395, pp. 183–189, 2012.
- F. Li, T. Kong, W. Bi, D. Li, Z. Li, and X. Huang, “Synthesis and optical properties of CuS nanoplate-based architectures by a solvothermal method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 12, pp. 6285–6289, 2009.
- G. P. Joshi, N. S. Saxena, R. Mangal, A. Mishra, and T. P. Sharma, “Band gap determination of Ni-Zn ferrites,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 387–389, 2003.
- Y. Kim, J. H. Jeong, and M. Kang, “Rapid synthesis of bis (2,2′-bipyridine) nitratocopper(II) nitrate using a hydrothermal method and its application to dye-sensitized solar cells,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 365, no. 1, pp. 400–407, 2011.
- S. Giraud, G. Loupias, H. Maskrot et al., “Dip-coating on TiO2 foams using a suspension of Pt-TiO2 nanopowder synthesized by laser pyrolysis-preliminary evaluation of the catalytic performances of the resulting composites in deVOC reactions,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 931–936, 2007.
- J. Zhang, J. Yu, M. Jaroniec, and J. R. Gong, “Noble metal-free reduced graphene oxide-ZnxCd1−xS nanocomposite with enhanced solar photocatalytic H2 production performance,” Nano Letters, vol. 12, pp. 4584–4589, 2012.