- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 490124, 6 pages
Experimental Investigation on an Absorption Refrigerator Driven by Solar Cells
1Department of Energy and Refrigerating Air-Conditioning Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei 10608, Taiwan
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
3Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei 10608, Taiwan
Received 23 November 2012; Accepted 7 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ho Chang
Copyright © 2013 Zi-Jie Chien et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. K. Bansal and A. Martin, “Comparative study of vapour compression, thermoelectric and absorption refrigerators,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 93–107, 2000.
- Y. J. Dai, R. Z. Wang, and L. Ni, “Experimental investigation on a thermoelectric refrigerator driven by solar cells,” Renewable Energy, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 949–959, 2003.
- S. B. Riffat and G. Qiu, “Comparative investigation of thermoelectric air-conditioners versus vapour compression and absorption air-conditioners,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 24, no. 14-15, pp. 1979–1993, 2004.
- J. Fernández-Seara and M. Vázquez, “Study and control of the optimal generation temperature in NH3–H2O absorption refrigeration systems,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 21, pp. 343–353, 2001.
- S. Göktun and İ. Deha Er, “The optimum performance of a solar-assisted combined absorption-vapor compression system for air conditioning and space heating,” Solar Energy, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 213–216, 2001.
- C. Wu, L. Chen, and F. Sun, “Optimization of solar absorption refrigerator,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 203–208, 1997.
- G. Yaxiu, W. Yuyuan, and K. Xin, “Experimental research on a new solar pump-free lithium bromide absorption refrigeration system with a second generator,” Solar Energy, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 33–42, 2008.
- Y. Hwang, “Potential energy benefits of integrated refrigeration system with microturbine and absorption chiller,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 816–829, 2004.
- R. Fathi, C. Guemimi, and S. Ouaskit, “An irreversible thermodynamic model for solar absorption refrigerator,” Renewable Energy, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1349–1365, 2004.
- A. Şencan, “Performance of ammonia-water refrigeration systems using artificial neural networks,” Renewable Energy, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 314–328, 2007.
- O. M. AL-Hawaj and H. AL-Mutairi, “A combined power cycle with absorption air conditioning,” Energy, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 971–982, 2007.
- J. Sieres and J. Fernández-Seara, “Experimental investigation of mass transfer performance with some random packings for ammonia rectification in ammonia-water absorption refrigeration systems,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 699–706, 2007.
- A. Sözen and M. Özalp, “Performance improvement of absorption refrigeration system using triple-pressure-level,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 23, no. 13, pp. 1577–1593, 2003.
- Y. He and G. Chen, “Experimental study on an absorption refrigeration system at low temperatures,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 294–299, 2007.
- J. V. C. Vargas, J. C. Ordonez, E. Dilay, and J. A. R. Parise, “Modeling, simulation and optimization of a solar collector driven water heating and absorption cooling plant,” Solar Energy, vol. 83, no. 8, pp. 1232–1244, 2009.
- G. Pei, J. Li, and J. Ji, “Analysis of low temperature solar thermal electric generation using regenerative organic rankine cycle,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 30, no. 8-9, pp. 998–1004, 2010.
- S. A. M. Said, M. A. I. El-Shaarawi, and M. U. Siddiqui, “Alternative designs for a 24-h operating solar-powered absorption refrigeration technology,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1967–1977, 2012.
- P. L. Rothwell and J. R. Jasperse, “A coupled solar wind-magnetosphere-ionosphere model for determining the ionospheric penetration electric field,” Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, vol. 69, no. 10-11, pp. 1127–1134, 2007.
- N. Molero-Villar, J. M. Cejudo-López, F. Domínguez-Muñoz, and A. Carrillo-Andrés, “A comparison of solar absorption system configurations,” Solar Energy, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 242–252, 2012.
- M. Bilgili, “Hourly simulation and performance of solar electric-vapor compression refrigeration system,” Solar Energy, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 2720–2731, 2011.
- P. Colonna and S. Gabrielli, “Industrial trigeneration using ammonia-water absorption refrigeration systems (AAR),” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 381–396, 2003.
- S. D. Odeh, “Unified model of solar thermal electric generation systems,” Renewable Energy, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 755–767, 2003.
- A. Al-Alili, Y. Hwang, R. Radermacher, and I. Kubo, “Optimization of a solar powered absorption cycle under Abu Dhabi's weather conditions,” Solar Energy, vol. 84, no. 12, pp. 2034–2040, 2010.
- A. Lecuona, R. Ventas, M. Venegas, A. Zacarías, and R. Salgado, “Optimum hot water temperature for absorption solar cooling,” Solar Energy, vol. 83, no. 10, pp. 1806–1814, 2009.
- C. Monné, S. Alonso, F. Palacín, and J. Guallar, “Stationary analysis of a solar LiBr–H2O absorption refrigeration system,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 518–526, 2011.
- S. G. Alvares and C. Trepp, “Simulation of a solar driven aqua-ammonia absorption refrigeration system—part 1: mathematical description and system optimization,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 40–48, 1987.
- M. LeBreux, M. Lacroix, and G. Lachiver, “Control of a hybrid solar/electric thermal energy storage system,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 645–654, 2009.
- K. Bakirc, “General models for optimum tilt angles of solar panels: Turkey case study,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 6149–6159, 2012.