- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 610173, 10 pages
Solar Divergence Collimators for Optical Characterisation of Solar Components
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, National Institute of Optics INO, Largo E. Fermi 6, 50125 Firenze, Italy
Received 14 November 2012; Accepted 21 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ho Chang
Copyright © 2013 D. Fontani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Swanson, “The promise of concentrators,” Progress in Photovoltaics, vol. 8, pp. 93–111, 2000.
- W. T. Welford and R. Winston , High Collection Nonimaging, Optics Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1989.
- US Department of Energy/Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), “Renewable energy technology characterisations,” Topical Report TR-109496, 1997.
- A. Luque, Solar Celle and Optics for Photovoltaic Concentration, The Adam Higler Series on Optics and Optoelectronics, Taylor & Francis, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- P. Sansoni, F. Francini, and D. Fontani, “Optical characterisation of solar concentrator,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 351–359, 2007.
- P. Sansoni, F. Francini, D. Fontani, L. Mercatelli, and D. Jafrancesco, “Indoor illumination by solar light collectors,” Lighting Research and Technology, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 323–332, 2008.
- F. Francini, D. Fontani, D. Jafrancesco, L. Mercatelli, and P. Sansoni, “Optical control of sunlight concentrators,” in High and Low Concentration for Solar Electric Applications, vol. 6339 of Proceeding of SPIE, San Diego, Calif, USA, September 2006.
- P. Sansoni, D. Fontani, F. Francini, D. Jafrancesco, and G. Longobardi, “Optical design and development of fibre coupled compact solar collectors,” Lighting Research and Technology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 17–30, 2007.
- C. Ciamberlini, F. Francini, G. Longobardi, M. Piattelli, and P. Sansoni, “Solar system for exploitation of the whole collected energy,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 233–246, 2003.
- P. Maddalena, A. Parretta, A. Sarno, and P. Tortora, “Novel techniques for the optical characterization of photovoltaic materials and devices,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 165–177, 2003.
- A. Parretta, P. Grillo, P. Maddalena, and P. Tortora, “Method for measurement of the directional/hemispherical reflectance of photovoltaic devices,” Optics Communications, vol. 186, no. 1–3, pp. 1–14, 2000.
- P. Horta, M. J. Carvalho, M. C. Pereira, and W. Carbajal, “Long-term performance calculations based on steady-state efficiency test results: analysis of optical effects affecting beam, diffuse and reflected radiation,” Solar Energy, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 1076–1082, 2008.
- D. L. Fain, “Design considerations for precision solar simulation,” Applied Optics, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 1389–1396, 1964.
- I. Powell, “New concept for a system suitable for solar simulation,” Applied Optics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 329–334, 1980.
- C. Domínguez, I. Antón, and G. Sala, “Concentrator photovoltaics solar simulator,” in Frontiers in Optics, p. JThA1, Optical Society of America, Rochester, NY, USA, 2008.
- J. L. Balenzategui and F. Chenlo, “Measurement and analysis of angular response of bare and encapsulated silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 53–83, 2005.
- D. C. Miller and S. R. Kurtz, “Durability of Fresnel lenses: a review specific to the concentrating photovoltaic application,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 2037–2068, 2011.
- H. Zhai, Y. J. Dai, J. Y. Wu, R. Z. Wang, and L. Y. Zhang, “Experimental investigation and analysis on a concentrating solar collector using linear Fresnel lens,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 48–55, 2010.
- D. Jing, H. Liu, X. Zhang, L. Zhao, and L. Guo, “Photocatalytic hydrogen production under direct solar light in a CPC based solar reactor: reactor design and preliminary results,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 2919–2926, 2009.
- W. T. Xie, Y. J. Dai, and R. Z. Wang, “Numerical and experimental analysis of a point focus solar collector using high concentration imaging PMMA Fresnel lens,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 2417–2426, 2011.
- B. Perers, “An improved dynamic solar collector test method for determination of non-linear optical and thermal characteristics with multiple regression,” Solar Energy, vol. 59, no. 4–6, pp. 163–178, 1997.