- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 738063, 6 pages
H2O2 Treatment of Electrochemically Deposited Cu2O Thin Films for Enhancing Optical Absorption
Department of Engineering Physics, Electronics and Mechanics, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
Received 12 December 2012; Revised 22 January 2013; Accepted 22 January 2013
Academic Editor: Fahrettin Yakuphanoglu
Copyright © 2013 Ying Song and Masaya Ichimura. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Rühle, A. Y. Anderson, H.-N. Barad, et al., “All-oxide photovoltaics,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 3, no. 24, pp. 3755–3764, 2012.
- S. M. Chou, M. H. Hon, I. C. Leu, and Y. H. Lee, “Al-Doped ZnO/Cu2O heterojunction fabricated on (200) and (111)-orientated Cu2O substrates,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 155, no. 11, pp. H923–H928, 2008.
- T. Minami, T. Miyata, K. Ihara, Y. Minamino, and S. Tsukada, “Effect of ZnO film deposition methods on the photovoltaic properties of ZnO-Cu2O heterojunction devices,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 494, no. 1-2, pp. 47–52, 2006.
- S. Ishizuka, K. Suzuki, Y. Okamoto, et al., “Polycrystalline n-ZnO/p-Cu2O heterojunctions grown by RF-magnetron sputtering,” Physica Status Solidi C, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 1067–1070, 2004.
- K. Akimoto, S. Ishizuka, M. Yanagita, Y. Nawa, G. K. Paul, and T. Sakurai, “Thin film deposition of Cu2O and application for solar cells,” Solar Energy, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 715–722, 2006.
- A. Mittiga, E. Salza, F. Sarto, M. Tucci, and R. Vasanthi, “Copper oxide transistor on copper wire for e-textile,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 19, Article ID 192102, 3 pages, 2011.
- T. Minami, Y. Nishi, T. Miyata, and J. I. Nomoto, “High-efficiency oxide solar cells with ZnO/Cu2O heterojunction fabricated on thermally oxidized Cu2O sheets,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 4, no. 6, Article ID 062301, 3 pages, 2011.
- M. Izaki, K. T. Mizuno, T. Shinagawa, M. Inaba, and A. Tasaka, “Photochemical construction of photovoltaic device composed of p-copper(I) oxide and n-zinc oxide,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 153, no. 9, pp. C668–C672, 2006.
- M. Izaki, T. Shinagawa, K. T. Mizuno, Y. Ida, M. Inaba, and A. Tasaka, “Electrochemically constructed p-Cu2O/n-ZnO heterojunction diode for photovoltaic device,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 3326–3329, 2007.
- S. S. Jeong, A. Mittiga, E. Salza, A. Masci, and S. Passerini, “Electrodeposited ZnO/Cu2O heterojunction solar cells,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 2226–2231, 2008.
- J. Katayama, K. Ito, M. Matsuoka, and J. Tamaki, “Performance of Cu2O/ZnO solar cell prepared by two-step electrodeposition,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 687–692, 2004.
- D. K. Zhang, Y. C. Liu, Y. L. Liu, and H. Yang, “The electrical properties and the interfaces of Cu2O/ZnO/ITO p-i-n heterojunction,” Physica B, vol. 351, no. 1-2, pp. 178–183, 2004.
- M. Ichimura and Y. Song, “Band alignment at the Cu2O/ZnO heterojunction,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 50, no. 5, Article ID 051002, 6 pages, 2011.
- Y. Song and M. Ichimura, “Improvement of electrochemically deposited Cu2O/ZnO heterojunction solar cells by modulation of deposition current,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 51, no. 10, Article ID 10NC39, 5 pages, 2012.
- M. Izaki, “Effects of annealing on optical and electrical characteristics of p-type semiconductor copper (II) oxide electrodeposits,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 520, no. 7, pp. 2434–2437, 2012.
- M. Izaki, Y. Yamane, J. Sasano, T. Shinagawa, and M. Inoue, “Direct preparation of 1.35-eV-bandgap CuO:S film by chemical bath deposition,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. D30–D32, 2011.
- P. Poizot, C. J. Hung, M. P. Nikiforov, E. W. Bohannan, and J. A. Switzer, “An electrochemical method for CuO thin film deposition from aqueous solution,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. C21–C25, 2003.
- K. Nakaoka, J. Ueyama, and K. Ogura, “Photoelectrochemical behavior of electrodeposited CuO and Cu2O thin films on conducting substrates,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 151, no. 10, pp. C661–C665, 2004.
- V. Dhanasekaran, T. Mahalingam, R. Chandramohan, J.-K. Rhee, and J. P. Chu, “Electrochemical deposition and characterization of cupric oxide thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 520, no. 21, pp. 6608–6613, 2012.
- A. Nakamura and J. Temmyo, “Schottky contact on ZnO nano-columnar film with H2O2 treatment,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 109, no. 9, Article ID 093517, 7 pages, 2011.
- A. Paracchino, J. C. Brauer, J.-E. Moser, E. Thimsen, and M. Graetzel, “Synthesis and characterization of high-photoactivity electrodeposited Cu2O solar absorber by photoelectrochemistry and ultrafast spectroscopy,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 13, pp. 7341–7350, 2012.
- K. L. Hardee and A. J. Bard, “Semiconductor electrodes. X. Photoelectrochemical behavior of several polycrystalline metal oxide electrodes in aqueous solutions,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 124, no. 2, pp. 215–224, 1977.