- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 794367, 11 pages
Competing in the Global Solar Photovoltaic Industry: The Case of Taiwan
National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Received 23 November 2012; Revised 26 January 2013; Accepted 4 February 2013
Academic Editor: Ching-Song Jwo
Copyright © 2013 Yu-Shan Su. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Photonics Industry & Technology Development Association, Analysis of Solar Industry in the Globe, Photonics Industry & Technology Development Association, Taipei, Taiwan, 2012.
- F. Diner, “The analysis on photovoltaic electricity generation status, potential and policies of the leading countries in solar energy,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 713–720, 2011.
- F. Chen, S. M. Lu, K. T. Tseng, S. C. Lee, and E. Wang, “Assessment of renewable energy reserves in Taiwan,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 2511–2528, 2010.
- Energy Trend, Solar Industry Report, Energy Trend, 2012.
- C. T. Tso, Launch a New Engine in Taiwan: The Niche and Challenge of the Energy Industry in Taiwan, Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, Taipei, Taiwan, 2011.
- Solarbuzz, PV Equipment Quarterly, Solarbuzz Solar Market Research and Analysis, 2012.
- K. Schwab, The Global Competitiveness Report 2009-2010, World Economic Forum, Switzerland, 2009.
- K. Schwab, The Global Competitiveness Report 2010-2011, World Economic Forum, Switzerland, 2010.
- K. Schwab, The Global Competitiveness Report 2011-2012, World Economic Forum, Switzerland, 2011.
- J. R. Wu, The Report of the Ranking of the Large Enterprises in Taiwan, China Credit Information Service, Taipei, Taiwan, 2011.
- Photon International, The Solar Power Magazine, Photon International, 2012.
- Industrial Technology Research Institute, Global Solar Photovoltaic Market Analysis, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2012.
- J. Z. Shyu, J. S. Wang, and C. C. Peng, The Developmental Strategy of the Emerging Energy Industry, Hwatai Publishing Company, Taipei, Taiwan, 2010.
- C. Y. Wu and J. A. Mathews, “Knowledge flows in the solar photovoltaic industry: insights from patenting by Taiwan, Korea, and China,” Research Policy, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 524–540, 2012.
- Ministry of Finance, Directorate General of Customs, Ministry of Finance, Taipei, Taiwan, 2011.
- Green Energy Industry Information Net, 2012.
- Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International and Materials International, Global Solar Market in 2011, Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International, 2011.
- J. A. Mathews, M. C. Hu, and C. Y. Wu, “Fast-follower industrial dynamics: the case of Taiwan's emergent solar photovoltaic industry,” Industry and Innovation, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 177–202, 2011.
- Y. C. Lin, The Market Trends of the Photovoltaic Industry, Industrial Technology Research Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2010.
- R. T. Govinda, L. Kurdgelashvili, and P. A. Narbel, “Solar energy: markets, economics and policies,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 449–465, 2012.
- H. M. Liou, “Policies and legislation driving Taiwan's development of renewable energy,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1763–1781, 2010.
- T. M. Razykov, C. S. Ferekides, D. Morel, E. Stefanakos, H. S. Ullal, and H. M. Upadhyaya, “Solar photovoltaic electricity: current status and future prospects,” Solar Energy, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 1580–1608, 2011.
- C. D. Yue and G. R. Huang, “An evaluation of domestic solar energy potential in Taiwan incorporating land use analysis,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 7988–8002, 2011.
- A. Jäger-Waldau, “Thin film photovoltaics: markets and industry,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 768368, 6 pages, 2012.
- C. C. Chen, T. Y. Hsieh, and Z. S. Lin, “An analysis of silicon-based solar industry operation performance in Taiwan,” Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 57, pp. 306–311, 2012.
- J. R. Wu, Optoelectronic Materials and Components Manufacturing Industry—Solar Cells—Price Or Industry Loss, China Credit Information Service, Taipei, Taiwan, 2011.
- B. Algieri, A. Aquino, and M. Succurro, “Going “green”: trade specialization dynamics in the solar photovoltaic sector,” Energy Policy, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 7275–7283, 2011.