- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837310, 13 pages
Operation of TUT Solar PV Power Station Research Plant under Partial Shading Caused by Snow and Buildings
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, P.O. Box 692, 33101 Tampere, Finland
2ABB Corporate Research, Segelhofstrasse 1K, Baden-Dättwil, 5405 Aargau, Switzerland
Received 22 January 2013; Accepted 11 June 2013
Academic Editor: Keith Emery
Copyright © 2013 Diego Torres Lobera et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA), “Solar photovoltaics competing in the energy sector—on the road to competitiveness,” September 2011, http://www.epia.org/index.php?eID=tx_nawsecuredl&u=0&file=/uploads/tx_epiapublications/Competing_Full_Report.pdf&t=1377285583&hash=c74000f30f1171e54ff12bbe83caaf5396006f1dcaaf5396006f1d.
- A. Mäki and S. Valkealahti, “Operation of long series connected silicon-based photovoltaic module strings and parallel connected short strings under partial shading conditions,” in Proceedings of the 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EUPVSEC '11), pp. 4227–4232, 2011.
- L. Sandrolini, M. Artioli, and U. Reggiani, “Numerical method for the extraction of photovoltaic module double-diode model parameters through cluster analysis,” Applied Energy, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 442–451, 2010.
- S. Nagae, M. Toda, T. Minemoto, H. Takakura, and Y. Hamakawa, “Evaluation of the impact of solar spectrum and temperature variations on output power of silicon-based photovoltaic modules,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 20, pp. 3568–3575, 2006.
- A. D. Jones and C. P. Underwood, “A thermal model for photovoltaic systems,” Solar Energy, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 349–359, 2001.
- M. Mattei, G. Notton, C. Cristofari, M. Muselli, and P. Poggi, “Calculation of the polycrystalline PV module temperature using a simple method of energy balance,” Renewable Energy, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 553–567, 2006.
- E. Skoplaki, A. G. Boudouvis, and J. A. Palyvos, “A simple correlation for the operating temperature of photovoltaic modules of arbitrary mounting,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 1393–1402, 2008.
- S. Armstrong and W. G. Hurley, “A thermal model for photovoltaic panels under varying atmospheric conditions,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 30, no. 11-12, pp. 1488–1495, 2010.
- A. Woyte, J. Nijs, and R. Belmans, “Partial shadowing of photovoltaic arrays with different system configurations: literature review and field test results,” Solar Energy, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 217–233, 2003.
- M. García, J. M. Maruri, L. Marroyo, E. Lorenzo, and M. Pérez, “Partial shadowing, MPPT performance and inverter configurations: observations at tracking PV plants,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 529–536, 2008.
- C. E. Chamberlin, P. Lehman, J. Zoellick, and G. Pauletto, “Effects of mismatch losses in photovoltaic arrays,” Solar Energy, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 165–171, 1995.
- N. D. Kaushika and A. K. Rai, “An investigation of mismatch losses in solar photovoltaic cell networks,” Energy, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 755–759, 2007.
- E. Karatepe, M. Boztepe, and M. Çolak, “Development of a suitable model for characterizing photovoltaic arrays with shaded solar cells,” Solar Energy, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 977–992, 2007.
- G. Walker, “Evaluating MPPT converter topologies using a matlab PV model,” Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 49–55, 2001.
- A. Mäki, S. Valkealahti, and J. Leppäaho, “Operation of series-connected silicon-based photovoltaic modules under partial shading conditions,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 298–309, 2012.
- E. V. Paraskevadaki and S. A. Papathanassiou, “Evaluation of MPP voltage and power of mc-Si PV modules in partial shading conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 923–932, 2011.
- A. Mäki and S. Valkealahti, “Power losses in long string and parallel-connected short strings of series-connected silicon-based photovoltaic modules due to partial shading conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 173–183, 2012.
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Guide to Meteorological Instruments and Methods of Observation, 2008, http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/IMOP/CIMO-Guide.html.
- T. Khatib, A. Mohamed, and K. Sopian, “Optimization of a PV/wind micro-grid for rural housing electrification using a hybrid iterative/genetic algorithm: case study of Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 47, pp. 321–331, 2012.
- “Free Online Estimation of the Solar Irradiance and Ambient Temperature in Any European and African Location,” February 2012, http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis/apps4/pvest.php.