- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 843410, 6 pages
The Effects of Dilute Sulfuric Acid on Sheet Resistance and Transmittance in Poly(3,4-thylenedioxythiophene): Poly(styrenesulfonate) Films
1Department of Electronic Engineering, National Formosa University, Hu-Wei, Yunlin 63201, Taiwan
2Department of Electronic Engineering, Fortune Institute of Technology, Kaohsiung 83160, Taiwan
3Department of Aviation & Communication Electronics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Kaohsiung 82044, Taiwan
4Department of Electnical Engineering, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung 81148, Taiwan
5Department of Applied Physics, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung 81148, Taiwan
Received 15 September 2013; Accepted 3 October 2013
Academic Editor: Liang-Wen Ji
Copyright © 2013 Teen-Hang Meen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Park, S. J. Tark, and D. Kim, “Effect of sorbitol doping in PEDOT:PSS on the electrical performance of organic photovoltaic devices,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1299–1301, 2011.
- B. Zhang, W. Li, J. Yang et al., “Performance enhancement of polymer light-emitting diodes by using ultrathin fluorinated polyimide modifying the surface of poly(3,4-ethylene dioxythiophene):poly(styrenesulfonate),” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 18, pp. 7898–7903, 2009.
- G. Latessa, F. Brunetti, A. Reale, G. Saggio, and A. Di Carlo, “Piezoresistive behaviour of flexible PEDOT:PSS based sensors,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 304–309, 2009.
- A. Onorato, M. A. Invernale, I. D. Berghorn, C. Pavlik, G. A. Sotzing, and M. B. Smith, “Enhanced conductivity in sorbitol-treated PEDOT-PSS. Observation of an in situ cyclodehydration reaction,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 160, no. 21-22, pp. 2284–2289, 2010.
- A. K. Havare, M. Can, S. Demic, M. Kus, and S. Icli, “The performance of OLEDs based on sorbitol doped PEDOT:PSS,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 161, no. 23-24, pp. 2734–2738, 2012.
- A. M. Nardes, M. Kemerink, M. M. de Kok, E. Vinken, K. Maturova, and R. A. J. Janssen, “Conductivity, work function, and environmental stability of PEDOT:PSS thin films treated with sorbitol,” Organic Electronics, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 727–734, 2008.
- C. J. Huang, K. L. Chen, Y. J. Tsao, D.-W. Chouc, W.-R. Chend, and T.-H. Meend, “Study of solvent-doped PEDOT: PSS layer on small molecule organic solar cells,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 164, pp. 38–41, 2013.
- J.-H. Huang, D. Kekuda, C.-W. Chu, and K.-C. Ho, “Electrochemical characterization of the solvent-enhanced conductivity of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) and its application in polymer solar cells,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 3704–3712, 2009.
- I. Cruz-Cruz, M. Reyes-Reyes, M. A. Aguilar-Frutis, A. G. Rodriguez, and R. López-Sandoval, “Study of the effect of DMSO concentration on the thickness of the PSS insulating barrier in PEDOT:PSS thin films,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 160, no. 13-14, pp. 1501–1506, 2010.
- J. Luo, D. Billep, T. Waechtler, et al., “Enhancement of the thermoelectric properties of PEDOT:PSS thin films by post-treatment,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, vol. 1, no. 26, pp. 7576–7583, 2013.
- M. S. Kim, S. K. Park, Y.-H. Kim, J. W. Kang, and J.-I. Han, “Glycerol-doped poly(3,4-ethylenedioxy-thiophene):Poly(styrene sulfonate) buffer layer for improved power conversion in organic photovoltaic devices,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 156, no. 10, pp. H782–H785, 2009.
- M.-W. Lee, M.-Y. Lee, J.-C. Choi, J.-S. Park, and C.-K. Song, “Fine patterning of glycerol-doped PEDOT:PSS on hydrophobic PVP dielectric with ink jet for source and drain electrode of OTFTs,” Organic Electronics, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 854–859, 2010.
- K. H. Tsai, S. C. Shiu, and C. F. Lin, “Improving the conductivity of hole injection layer by heating PEDOT:PSS,” in Organic Photovoltaics IX, vol. 7052 of Proceedings of SPIE, no. 1, 2008.
- Z. Hu, J. Zhang, Z. Hao, and Y. Zhao, “Influence of doped PEDOT:PSS on the performance of polymer solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 10, pp. 2763–2767, 2011.
- X. Crispin, F. L. E. Jakobsson, A. Crispin et al., “The origin of the high conductivity of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)- poly(styrenesulfonate) (PEDOT-PSS) plastic electrodes,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 18, pp. 4354–4360, 2006.
- H. Yan and H. Okuzaki, “Effect of solvent on PEDOT/PSS nanometer-scaled thin films: XPS and STEM/AFM studies,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 159, no. 21-22, pp. 2225–2228, 2009.
- D. A. Mengistie, P. C. Wangc, and C. W. Chu, “Effect of molecular weight of additives on the conductivity of PEDOT: PSS and efficiency for ITO-free organic solar cells,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, vol. 1, no. 34, pp. 9907–9915, 2013.
- J. Y. Kim, J. H. Jung, D. E. Lee, and J. Joo, “Enhancement of electrical conductivity of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)/poly(4-styrenesulfonate) by a change of solvents,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 126, no. 2-3, pp. 311–316, 2002.
- L. A. A. Pettersson, S. Ghosh, and O. Inganäs, “Optical anisotropy in thin films of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)- poly(4-styrenesulfonate),” Organic Electronics, vol. 3, no. 3-4, pp. 143–148, 2002.
- S. Timpanaro, M. Kemerink, F. J. Touwslager, M. M. De Kok, and S. Schrader, “Morphology and conductivity of PEDOT/PSS films studied by scanning-tunneling microscopy,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 394, no. 4–6, pp. 339–343, 2004.
- J. Ouyang, Q. Xu, C.-W. Chu, Y. Yang, G. Li, and J. Shinar, “On the mechanism of conductivity enhancement in poly(3,4- ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(styrene sulfonate) film through solvent treatment,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 25, pp. 8443–8450, 2004.
- Y.-S. Hsiao, W.-T. Whang, C.-P. Chen, and Y.-C. Chen, “High-conductivity poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(styrene sulfonate) film for use in ITO-free polymer solar cells,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 48, pp. 5948–5955, 2008.
- Y. Xia, K. Sun, and J. Ouyang, “Solution-processed metallic conducting polymer films as transparent electrode of optoelectronic devices,” Advanced Materials, vol. 24, no. 18, pp. 2436–2440, 2012.
- Y. Wang, R. Song, Y. Li, and J. Shen, “Understanding tapping-mode atomic force microscopy data on the surface of soft block copolymers,” Surface Science, vol. 530, no. 3, pp. 136–148, 2003.