- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 906570, 5 pages
Promoting Appropriate Use of Drugs in Children
General Pediatric Division, Dr. Yewale's Multispeciality Hospital for Children, Vashi, Navi Mumbai 400703, India
Received 1 July 2011; Revised 4 January 2012; Accepted 17 February 2012
Academic Editor: Nithya J. Gogtay
Copyright © 2012 Vijay N. Yewale and Dhanya Dharmapalan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- UNICEF, Progress for children: A world fit for children statistical review, http://www.unicef.org/progressforchildren/2007n6/index_41802.htm.
- G. L. Kearns and M. D. Reed, “Clinical pharmacokinetics in infants and children: a reappraisal,” Clinical Pharmacokinetics, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 29–67, 1989.
- F. Bouzom and B. Walther, “Pharmacokinetic predictions in children by using the physiologically based pharmacokinetic modelling,” Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 579–587, 2008.
- WHO, “Medicines: medicines for children,” Fact Sheet 341, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2010.
- S. C. Shivhare, H. K. Kunjwani, A. M. Manikrao, and A. V. Bondre, “Drugs hazards and rational use of drugs: a review,” Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 106–112, 2010.
- WHO, “Promoting safety of medicines for children,” WHO, Geneva; 2007, http://www.who.int/medicines/publications/essentialmedicines/Promotion_safe_med_childrens.pdf.
- D. Cousins, A. Clarkson, S. Conroy, and I. Choonara, “Medication errors in children - An eight year review using press reports,” Paediatric and Perinatal Drug Therapy, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 52–58, 2002.
- B. J. Anderson, “Common errors of drug administration in infants causes and avoidance,” Paediatric Drugs, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 93–107, 1999.
- WHO, “Millennium development goals: progress towards the health-related Millennium Development Goals,” Fact Sheet 290, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2011.
- Central Drugs standard Control Organisation, “Guidelines for taking action on samples of drugs declared spurious or not of standard quality in the light of enhanced penalties under the drugs and cosmetics (amendment) act,” 2008, http://cdsco.nic.in/.
- I. Choonara and S. Conroy, “Unlicensed and off-label drug use in children: implications for safety,” Drug Safety, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2002.
- S. S. Jain, S. B. Bavdekar, N. J. Gogtay, and P. A. Sadawarte, “Off-label drug use in children,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 1133–1136, 2008.
- S. S. Shah, M. Hall, D. M. Goodman et al., “Off-label drug use in hospitalized children,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 161, no. 3, pp. 282–290, 2007.