- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 468526, 9 pages
Parental Influence on Young Children's Physical Activity
1Department of Human Kinetics, Laurentian University, Sundbury, ON, P3E 2C6, Canada
2Department of Psychology/School of Medicine, Laurentian University, Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, ON, P3E 2C6, Canada
3Department of Psychology, Laurentian University, Sundbury, ON, P3E 2C6, Canada
4Department of Human Kinetics/School of Medicine, Laurentian University, Sundbury, ON, P3E 2C6, Canada
Received 8 January 2010; Revised 31 March 2010; Accepted 3 June 2010
Academic Editor: Neil Armstrong
Copyright © 2010 Cheryl A. Zecevic et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. De Craemer, E. De Decker, I. De Bourdeaudhuij, C. Vereecken, B. Deforche, Y. Manios, and G. Cardon, “Correlates of energy balance-related behaviours in preschool children: a sy stematic review,” Obesity Reviews, vol. 13, pp. 13–28, 2012.
- Sally Robinson, Katie Yardy, and Victoria Carter, “A narrative literature review of the development of obesity in infancy and childhood,” Journal of Child Health Care, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 339–354, 2012.
- Line Tremblay, Celine Boudreau-Lariviere, and Krystel Cimon-Lambert, “Promoting Physical Activity in Preschoolers: A Review of the Guidelines, Ba rriers, and Facilitators for Implementation of Policies and Practices,” Canadian Psychology-Psychologie Canadienne, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 280–290, 2012.
- Jessica Mitchell, Helen Skouteris, Marita McCabe, Lina A. Ricciardelli, Jeannette Milgrom, Louise A. Baur, Matthew Fuller-Tyszkiewicz, and Genevieve Dwyer, “Physical activity in young children: a systematic review of parental influences,” Early Child Development and Care, vol. 182, no. 11, pp. 1411–1437, 2012.
- Amanda Froehlich Chow, and M. Louise Humbert, “Perceptions of Early Childhood Educators: Factors Influencing the Promotion of Physical Activity Opportunities in Canadian Rural Care Centers,” Child Indicators Research, 2013.
- Guillaume Martinent, Matilda Naisseh, Claude Ferrand, Julien E. Bois, and Christophe Hautier, “Development and Evaluation of the Psychometric Properties of the Parents’ Perceptions of Physical Activity Importance and their Children’s Ability Questionnaire (PPPAICAQ),” Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 2013.
- Angela S. Alberga, Emily R. Medd, Kristi B. Adamo, Gary S. Goldfield, Denis Prud'homme, Glen P. Kenny, and Ronald J. Sigal, “Top 10 practical lessons learned from physical activity interventions in overweight and obese children and adolescents,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 249–258, 2013.
- Juan M. Fernandez-Alvira, Ilse De Bourdeaudhuij, Amika S. Singh, Froydis N. Vik, Yannis Manios, Eva Kovacs, Natasa Jan, Johannes Brug, and Luis A. Moreno, “Clustering of energy balance-related behaviors and parental education in Eu ropean children: the ENERGY-project,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 10, 2013.
- Jia Zhao, Zhongcui Gao, and Barbara H. Settles, “Determinants of Parental Perception and Support on Youth Physical Activity,” Family & Community Health, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 77–88, 2013.
- Barbara H. Settles, “Environmental Correlates of Children's Physical Activity and Obesity,” American Journal Of Health Behavior, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 124–133, 2014.