- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 120139, 14 pages
How Can the Microbiologist Help in Diagnosing Neonatal Sepsis?
Unit of Microbiology, Department of Haematology and Oncology “L. e A. Seràgnoli”, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Received 23 June 2011; Revised 15 September 2011; Accepted 29 November 2011
Academic Editor: Paul T. Heath
Copyright © 2012 Michela Paolucci et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. Y. Kruse, D. H. Thieu Chuong, C. N. Phuong, T. Duc, L. Graff Stensballe, J. Prag, J. Kurtzhals, G. Greisen, and F. K. Pedersen, “Neonatal bloodstream infections in a pediatric hospital in Vietnam: a cohort study,” Journal of Tropical Pediatrics, 2013.
- Vincenzo Savini, Alessandro Santarelli, Ennio Polilli, Daniela Astolfi, Arianna Pompilio, Giovanni Di Bonaventura, Paolo Fazii, and Domenico D’Antonio, “Hafnia alvei from the farm to the delivery room,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 163, no. 1-2, pp. 202–203, 2013.
- Amira A.M. Adly, Eman A. Ismail, Nevine G. Andrawes, and Marwa A. El-Saadany, “Circulating soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 (sTREM-1) as diagnostic and prognostic marker in neonatal sepsis,” Cytokine, 2013.
- Emilie Tourneur, and Cecilia Chassin, “Neonatal Immune Adaptation of the Gut and Its Role during Infections,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–17, 2013.
- Elizabeth A. Marchant, Guilaine K. Boyce, Manish Sadarangani, and Pascal M. Lavoie, “Neonatal Sepsis due to Coagulase-Negative Staphylococci,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Salman Y. Yakub, Jonathan E. Constance, Chris Stockmann, Matthew Linakis, Sarah C. Campbell, Catherine M. T. Sherwin, Ernest K. Korgenski, Alfred Balch, and Michael G. Spigarelli, “Epidemiological Evaluation of Blood Culture Patterns among Neonates Receiving Vancomycin,” Indian Journal of Microbiology, 2014.
- Iris Streimish, Matthew Bizzarro, Veronika Northrup, Chao Wang, Sara Renna, Nancy Koval, Fang-Yong Li, Richard A. Ehrenkranz, and Henry M. Rinder, “Neutrophil CD64 with Hematologic Criteria for Diagnosis of Neonatal Sepsis,” American Journal of Perinatology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 2014.
- Richeek Pradhan, Paresh Jain, Anshuman Paria, Anindya Saha, Jagdish Sahoo, Anway Sen, Suchandra Mukherjee, Tapas Som, Avijit Hazra, Noel Warner, Arun K Singh, and Mitali Chatterjee, “Ratio of neutrophilic CD64 and monocytic HLA-DR: A novel parameter in diagnosis and prognostication of neonatal sepsis,” Cytometry Part B: Clinical Cytometry, 2015.
- Wolfgang Ernst, Evelyn Kusi, Sara Fill Malfertheiner, Edith Reuschel, Ludwig Deml, and Birgit Seelbach-Göbel, “The effect of Indomethacin and Betamethasone on the cytokine response of human neonatal mononuclear cells to gram-positive bacteria,” Cytokine, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 91–100, 2015.
- Evelien Hilde Verstraete, Koen Blot, Ludo Mahieu, Dirk Vogelaers, and Stijn Blot, “Prediction Models for Neonatal Health Care-Associated Sepsis: A Meta-analysis,” Pediatrics, vol. 135, no. 4, pp. E1002–E1014, 2015.