- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 479242, 5 pages
Cardiac Troponin T and Illness Severity in the Very-Low-Birth-Weight Infant
1Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Clínica Perinatal Laranjeiras, 22240-002 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2Department of Neonatology, Instituto Fernandes Figueira, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, 22250-020 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Received 1 September 2011; Revised 23 November 2011; Accepted 12 December 2011
Academic Editor: Khalid N. Haque
Copyright © 2012 Danielle N. Lopes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Report 1995, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 1997.
- D. Trevisanuto, M. Zaninotto, S. Altinier, M. Plebani, and V. Zanardo, “High serum cardiac troponin T concentrations in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1134–1136, 2000.
- S. J. Clark, P. Newland, C. W. Yoxall, and N. V. Subhedar, “Concentrations of cardiac troponin T in neonates with and without respiratory distress,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. F348–F352, 2004.
- J. S. Alpert, K. Thygesen, J. P. Bassand, et al., “Myocardial infarction redefined (a consensus document of the joint European society of cardiology/American college of cardiology committee for the redefinition of myocardial infarction),” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 959–969, 2000.
- M. Adamcová, Z. Kokstein, V. Palieka, M. Podholová, and M. Kostál , “Troponin T levels in the cord blood of health term neonates,” Physiological Research, vol. 44, pp. 99–104, 1995.
- D. Trevisanuto, M. Pitton, S. Altinier, M. Zaninotto, M. Plebani, and V. Zanardo, “Cardiac troponin I, cardiac troponin T and creatine kinase MB concentrations in umbilical cord blood of healthy term neonates,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 1463–1467, 2003.
- E. M. Ohman, P. W. Armstrong, R. H. Christenson et al., “Cardiac troponin T levels for risk stratification in acute myocardial ischemia,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 335, no. 18, pp. 1333–1341, 1996.
- S. Costa, E. Zecca, G. De Rosa et al., “serum troponin T a useful marker of myocardial damage in newborn infants with perinatal asphyxia?” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 181–184, 2007.
- P. S. Rajakumar, B. V. Bhat, M. G. Sridhar et al., “Cardiac enzyme levels in myocardial dysfunction in newborns with perinatal asphyxia,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 1223–1225, 2008.
- A. F. El-Khuffash, M. Slevin, P. J. McNamara, E. J. Molloy, and T. Troponin, “N-terminal pro-natriuretic peptide and a patent ductus arteriosus scoring system predict deathbefore discharge or neurodevelopmental outcome at 2 years in preterm infants,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. F133–F137, 2011.
- M. Szymankiewicz, M. Matuszczak, D. Vidyasagar, et al., “Retrospective diagnosis of hypoxic myocardial injury in neonates,” Pediatric Research Society, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 220–225, 2006.
- A. F. El-Khuffash and E. J. Molloy, “Influence of a patent ductus arteriosus on cardiac troponin T levels in preterm infants,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 350–353, 2008.
- J. Skinner, “Diagnosis of patent ductus arteriosus,” Seminars in Neonatology, vol. 6, pp. 49–61, 2001.
- D. Trevisanuto, M. Zaninotto, M. Lachin et al., “Effect of patent ductus arteriosus and indomethacin treatment on serum cardiac troponin T levels in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndrome,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 159, no. 4, pp. 273–276, 2000.
- J. M. Lopes, D. Lopes, M. E. Lopes, J. Cabral, F. Martins, and V. Grosso, Cardiac T Troponin as A Disease Severity index in Extremely Low Birth Weight Babies Annals of the XX Brazilian Perinatal Congress, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2010.