- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 608563, 6 pages
Can Serum Tenascin-C Be Used as a Marker of Inflammation in Patients with Dilated Cardiomyopathy?
1Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11231, Egypt
2Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Received 23 May 2013; Revised 31 July 2013; Accepted 3 August 2013
Academic Editor: Lavjay Butani
Copyright © 2013 Alyaa A. Kotby et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Berger and D. C. McGillicuddy, “Lyme carditis,” Internal and Emergency Medicine, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 419–421, 2009.
- A. B. Lewis, “Acute myocarditis,” in Heart Failure in Children and Young Adults: From Molecular Mechanisms to Medical and Surgical Strategies, A. C. Chang and J. A. Towbin, Eds., pp. 235–247, Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2006.
- A. L. P. Caforio, S. Bottaro, and S. Iliceto, “Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and myocarditis: classification, clinical and autoimmune features,” Applied Cardiopulmonary Pathophysiology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 82–95, 2012.
- B. Lauer, C. Niederau, U. Kühl et al., “Cardiac troponin T in patients with clinically suspected myocarditis,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1354–1359, 1997.
- B. Lauer, M. Schannwell, U. Kühl, B. E. Strauer, and H. P. Schultheiss, “Antimyosin autoantibodies are associated with deterioration of systolic and diastolic left ventricular function in patients with chronic myocarditis,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2000.
- F. S. Jones and P. L. Jones, “The tenascin family of ECM glycoproteins: structure, function, and regulation during embryonic development and tissue remodeling,” Developmental Dynamics, vol. 218, no. 2, pp. 235–259, 2000.
- K. Imanaka-Yoshida, M. Hiroe, Y. Yasutomi et al., “Tenascin-C is a useful marker for disease activity in myocarditis,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 197, no. 3, pp. 388–394, 2002.
- M. Sato, T. Toyozaki, K. Odaka et al., “Detection of experimental autoimmune myocarditis in rats by 111in monoclonal antibody specific for tenascin-C,” Circulation, vol. 106, no. 11, pp. 1397–1402, 2002.
- S. I. Morimoto, K. Imanaka-Yoshida, S. Hiramitsu et al., “Diagnostic utility of tenascin-C for evaluation of the activity of human acute myocarditis,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 205, no. 4, pp. 460–467, 2005.
- N. Aso, A. Tamura, and M. Nasu, “Circulating tenascin-C levels in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 1468–1470, 2004.
- K. Imanaka-Yoshida, M. Hiroe, T. Nishikawa et al., “Tenascin-C modulates adhesion of cardiomyocytes to extracellular matrix during tissue remodeling after myocardial infarction,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 1015–1024, 2001.
- N. G. Frangogiannis, S. Shimoni, S. Chang et al., “Active interstitial remodeling: an important process in the hibernating human myocardium,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1468–1474, 2002.
- H. Blessberger and T. Binder, “Two dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography: basic principles,” Heart, vol. 96, no. 9, pp. 716–722, 2010.
- P. Richardson, R. W. McKenna, M. Bristow et al., “Report of the 1995 World Health Organization/International Society and Federation of Cardiology Task Force on the definition and classification of cardiomyopathies,” Circulation, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 841–842, 1996.
- B. J. Maron, J. A. Towbin, G. Thiene et al., “Contemporary definitions and classification of the cardiomyopathies: an American Heart Association Scientific Statement from the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Heart Failure and Transplantation Committee; Quality of Care and Outcomes Research and Functional Genomics and Translational Biology Interdisciplinary Working Groups; and Council on Epidemiology and Prevention,” Circulation, vol. 113, no. 14, pp. 1807–1816, 2006.
- M. Hasegawa, H. Hirata, A. Sudo et al., “Tenascin-C concentration in synovial fluid correlates with radiographic progression of knee osteoarthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 2021–2026, 2004.
- S. Mondillo, M. Galderisi, D. Mele et al., “Speckle-tracking echocardiography: a new technique for assessing myocardial function,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 71–83, 2011.
- B. Tsukada, F. Terasaki, H. Shimomura et al., “High prevalence of chronic myocarditis in dilated cardiomyopathy referred for left ventriculoplasty: expression of tenascin C as a possible marker for inflammation,” Human Pathology, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1015–1022, 2009.
- F. Terasaki, H. Okamoto, K. Onishi et al., “Higher serum tenascin-C levels reflect the severity of heart failure, left ventricular dysfunction and remodeling in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy,” Circulation Journal, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 327–330, 2007.
- J. W. Fischer, “Tenascin-C: a key molecule in graft stenosis,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 335–336, 2007.
- I. Niebroj-Dobosz, A. Madej-Pilarczyk, M. Marchel, B. SokoŁowska, and I. Hausmanowa-Petrusewicz, “Circulating tenascin-C levels in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy in the course of Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 412, no. 17-18, pp. 1533–1538, 2011.
- A. Manovel, D. Dawson, B. Smith, and P. Nihoyannopoulos, “Assessment of left ventricular function by different speckle-tracking software,” European Journal of Echocardiography, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 417–421, 2010.
- K. S. Midwood and G. Orend, “The role of tenascin-C in tissue injury and tumorigenesis,” Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling, vol. 3, no. 3-4, pp. 287–310, 2009.