- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 874726, 8 pages
Probiotics and Prebiotics: Role in Prevention of Nosocomial Sepsis in Preterm Infants
1Section of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada T1N 1N4
2Alberta Children’s Hospital Research Institute for Child and Maternal Health, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
3Department of Pediatrics, Foothills Medical Centre, Rm C211-1403-29th Street NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 2T9
Received 10 September 2012; Accepted 27 December 2012
Academic Editor: Khalid N. Haque
Copyright © 2013 Vrinda Nair and Amuchou S. Soraisham. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Viveka Nordberg, Arturo Quizhpe Peralta, Telmo Galindo, Agata Turlej-Rogacka, Aina Iversen, Christian G. Giske, and Lars Naver, “High Proportion of Intestinal Colonization with Successful Epidemic Clones of ESBL-Producing Enterobacteriaceae in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Ecuador,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- T Kovacs Tibor, P Onody Peter, L Harsanyi Laszlo, and A Szijarto Attila, “Bacterial translocation: gap in the shield,” Orvosi Hetilap, vol. 155, no. 8, pp. 304–312, 2014.
- Y. Dong, and C. P. Speer, “Late-onset neonatal sepsis: recent developments,” Archives of Disease in Childhood - Fetal and Neonatal Edition, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. F257–F263, 2014.
- Alexander G. Shaw, Kathleen Sim, Paul Randell, Michael J. Cox, Zoe E. McClure, Ming-Shi Li, Hugo Donaldson, Paul R. Langford, William O. C. M. Cookson, Miriam F. Moffatt, and J. Simon Kroll, “Late-Onset Bloodstream Infection and Perturbed Maturation of the Gastrointestinal Microbiota in Premature Infants,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 7, 2015.
- Sara Romano-Bertrand, Patricia Licznar-Fajardo, Sylvie Parer, and Estelle Jumas-Bilak, “Impact de l’environnement sur les microbiotes : focus sur l’hospitalisation et les microbiotes cutanés et chirurgicaux,” Revue Francophone des Laboratoires, vol. 2015, no. 469, pp. 75–82, 2015.