- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 953150, 8 pages
Preeclampsia Is a Biomarker for Vascular Disease in Both Mother and Child: The Need for a Medical Alert System
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ottawa Hospital and the University of Ottawa, General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
2Departments of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology, The Ottawa Hospital and the University of Ottawa, General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
3Division of Neurology, The Ottawa Hospital and the University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8M5
4Neuroscience Research, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1Y 4E9
5Canadian Stroke Network, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1G 5Z3
6Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Ottawa, 2413-451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8M5
Received 6 February 2013; Accepted 28 March 2013
Academic Editor: Praveen Kumar
Copyright © 2013 Julie Hakim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Katherine E. Economy, “Preeclampsia,” Circulation, vol. 128, no. 17, pp. E344–E345, 2013.
- Hai-Tao Pan, Meng-Xi Guo, Yi-Meng Xiong, Jun Ren, Jun-Yu Zhang, Qian Gao, Zhang-Hong Ke, Gu-Feng Xu, Ya-Jing Tan, He-Feng Huang, and Jian-Zhong Sheng, “Differential proteomic analysis of umbilical artery tissue from preeclampsia patients, using iTRAQ isobaric tags and 2D nano LC-MS/MS,” Journal of Proteomics, 2014.
- Hasan Terzi, Ahmet Kale, Pinar Solmaz Hasdemir, Adin Selcuk, Arzu Yavuz, and Selahattin Genc, “Hearing loss: An unknown complication of pre-eclampsia?,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, 2014.
- Saunders Lin, Dean Leonard, Mary Antonette M. Co, Dhriti Mukhopadhyay, Badri Giri, Lena Perger, Madhava R. Beeram, Thomas J. Kuehl, and Mohammad N. Uddin, “Preeclampsia has an Adverse Impact on Maternal and Fetal Health,” Translational Research, 2014.
- Akriti S. Sahay, Deepali P. Sundrani, and Sadhana R. Joshi, “Regional changes of placental vascularization in preeclampsia: A review,” IUBMB Life, 2015.
- Matthew T. Raetsep, Allison M. Felker, Vanessa R. Kay, Leandra Tolusso, Alexander P. Hofmann, and B. Anne Croy, “Uterine natural killer cells: supervisors of vasculature construction in early decidua basalis,” Reproduction, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. R91–R102, 2015.
- Nisha S. Wadhwani, Ankita S. Narang, Savita S. Mehendale, Girija N. Wagh, Sanjay A. Gupte, and Sadhana R. Joshi, “Reduced Maternal Erythrocyte Long Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Exist in Early Pregnancy in Preeclampsia,” Lipids, 2015.
- Pier Paolo Bassareo, Michele Mussap, Valentina Bassareo, Giovanna Flore, and Giuseppe Mercuro, “Nitrergic system and plasmatic methylarginines: Evidence of their role in the perinatal programming of cardiovascular diseases,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 451, pp. 21–27, 2015.
- Maria Laura Costa, “Preeclampsia: Reflections on How to Counsel About Preventing Recurrence,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 887–893, 2015.
- Matthew T. Rätsep, Andrew F. Hickman, and B. Anne Croy, “The Elsevier Trophoblast Research Award Lecture: Impacts of placental growth factor and preeclampsia on brain development, behaviour, and cognition,” Placenta, 2016.