- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 213681, 4 pages
Associated Factors of Acute Chest Syndrome in Children with Sickle Cell Disease in French Guiana
1Pediatric Unit, Cayenne Medical Center, Andrée Rosemon Hospital, Rue des Flamboyants, BP 6006, 97306 Cayenne Cedex, French Guiana
2Pediatric Unit, Kourou Medical Center, Avenue des îles, BP 703, 97310 Kourou, French Guiana
Received 4 August 2013; Revised 22 October 2013; Accepted 27 October 2013; Published 19 January 2014
Academic Editor: Julie Blatt
Copyright © 2014 Narcisse Elenga et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Zonzon and G. Prost, Géographie De La Guyane, Servedit, Paris, France, 1997.
- M. Etienne-Julan, G. Elana, G. Loko, N. Elenga, T. Vaz, and M. Muszlak :, “La drépanocytose dans les départements français d’outre-mer (Antilles, Guyane, la Réunion, Mayotte): données descriptives et organisation de la prise en charge,” BEH, pp. 27–28, 2012.
- E. P. Vichinsky, L. D. Neumayr, A. N. Earles et al., “Causes and outcomes of the acute chest syndrome in sickle cell disease,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 342, no. 25, pp. 1855–1865, 2000.
- E. P. Vichinsky, L. A. Styles, L. H. Colangelo, E. C. Wright, O. Castro, and B. Nickerson, “Acute chest syndrome in sickle cell disease: clinical presentation and course,” Blood, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 1787–1792, 1997.
- S. K. Ballas, S. Lieff, L. J. Benjamin et al., “Definitions of the phenotypic manifestations of sickle cell disease,” American Journal of Hematology, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 6–13, 2010.
- C. T. Quinn, E. P. Shull, N. Ahmad, N. J. Lee, Z. R. Rogers, and G. R. Buchanan, “Prognostic significance of early vaso-occlusive complications in children with sickle cell anemia,” Blood, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 40–45, 2007.
- J. M. Knight-Madden, T. S. Forrester, N. A. Lewis, and A. Greenough, “Asthma in children with sickle cell disease and its association with acute chest syndrome,” Thorax, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 206–210, 2005.
- M. E. Nordness, J. Lynn, M. C. Zacharisen, P. J. Scott, and K. J. Kelly, “Asthma is a risk factor for acute chest syndrome and cerebral vascular accidents in children with sickle cell disease,” Clinical and Molecular Allergy, vol. 3, article no. 2, 2005.
- S. Charache, J. C. Scott, and P. Charache, “'Acute chest syndrome' in adults with sickle cell anemia. Microbiology, treatment, and prevention,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 67–69, 1979.
- M. M. Dowling, N. Lee, C. T. Quinn et al., “Prevalence of intracardiac shunting in children with sickle cell disease and stroke,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 156, no. 4, pp. 645–650, 2010.