- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 298198, 5 pages
SNAP II and SNAPPE II as Predictors of Neonatal Mortality in a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit: Does Postnatal Age Play a Role?
Hospital General Pediátrico “Niños de Acosta Ñú”, Avenida de la Victoria and Bacigalupo, Reducto, 2160 San Lorenzo, Paraguay
Received 25 September 2013; Revised 21 December 2013; Accepted 2 January 2014; Published 26 February 2014
Academic Editor: Ju Lee Oei
Copyright © 2014 Mirta Noemi Mesquita Ramirez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. E. Gray, D. K. Richardson, M. C. McCormick, K. Workman-Daniels, and D. A. Goldmann, “Neonatal therapeutic intervention scoring system: a therapy-based severity-of-illness index,” Pediatrics, vol. 9, pp. 561–567, 1992.
- J. Dorling, D. J. Field, and M. Manketelow, “Neonatal diseases severity scoring system,” Archives of Disease in Childhood—Fetal and Neonatal Edition, vol. 90, pp. F11–F16, 2005.
- D. K. Richardson, C. S. Phibbs, J. E. Gray, M. C. McCormick, K. Workman-Daniels, and D. A. Goldmann, “Birth weight and illness severity: independent predictors of neonatal mortality,” Pediatrics, vol. 91, pp. 969–975, 1993.
- D. K. Richardson, J. E. Gray, M. C. McCormick, K. Workman, and D. A. Goldman, “Score for neonatal acute physiology: a physiologic severity index for neonatal intensive care,” Pediatrics, vol. 91, pp. 617–623, 1993.
- D. K. Richardson, J. D. Corcoran, and G. J. Escobar, “SNAP II and SNAP—PE II simplifies newborn illness severity and mortality risk scores,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 138, pp. 92–100, 2001.
- M. A. Berry, P. S. Shah, R. T. Brouillette, and J. Hellmann, “Predictors of mortality and length of stay for neonates admitted to children's hospital neonatal intensive care units,” Journal of Perinatology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 297–302, 2008.
- N. Nakwan and J. Wannaro, “Predicting mortality in infants with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn with the score for neonatal acute physiology. Version II, (SNAPII) in Thai neonates,” Journal of Perinatal Medicine, vol. 39, pp. 311–315, 2011.
- M. Mesquita, E. Alvarez, L. Godoy, and S. Avalos, “Scores de gravedad SNAP II y SNAPE II en la determinación de riesgo de mortalidad neonatal en una unidad de cuidados intensivos polivalente,” Pediatría, vol. 38, pp. 93–100, 2011.
- A. Vasudevan, A. Malhotra, R. Lodha, and S. K. Kabra, “Profile of neonates admitted in pediatric ICU validation of score for neonatal acute physiology (SNAP),” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 43, pp. 344–348, 2006.
- M. Kadivar, S. Saghed, S. Bavafa, F. Moghadan, and B. Eshrati, “Neonatal mortality risk assessment in a neonata intensive care unit,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 17, pp. 325–331, 2007.
- L. Lim and H. J. Rozycki, “Postnatal SNAP II score in neonatal intensive care unit patients : relationship to sepsis, necrotizing enterocolitis and death,” Journal of Maternal—Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, vol. 21, pp. 415–419, 2008.
- S. Venkataseshan, Sourabh, J. Ahluwalia, and N. Anil, “Score for neonatal acute physiology II predicts mortality and persistent organ dysfunction in neonates with severe septicemia,” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 46, pp. 775–780, 2009.
- E. D. Skarsgard, Y. C. McNab, R. Little, and S. K. Lee, “SNAP II predicts mortality among infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia,” Journal of Perinatology, vol. 25, pp. 315–319, 2005.
- L. L. Simpson, K. Harvey-Wilkes, and M. E. DÁlton, “Congenital heart diseases: the impact of delivery in a tertiary care center on SNAP scores (score for neonatal acute physiology),” The American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 182, pp. 184–191, 2000.
- G. Golsmitt, C. Rabasa, S. Rodriguez, et al., “Factores de reiego asociados al deterioro clínico en el traslado de recién nacidos enfermos,” Archivos Argentinos de Pediatria, vol. 110, pp. 304–310, 2012.