- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 573698, 4 pages
Impact of an Educational Film on Parental Knowledge of Children with Cerebral Palsy
1Department of Pediatrics, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi 110029, India
2Department of Pediatrics, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi 110095, India
Received 7 December 2013; Revised 29 January 2014; Accepted 31 January 2014; Published 5 March 2014
Academic Editor: Tonse N. K. Raju
Copyright © 2014 Shilpa Khanna Arora et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Rosenbaum, “Cerebral palsy: what parents and doctors want to know,” British Medical Journal, vol. 326, no. 7396, pp. 970–974, 2003.
- M. Gladstone, “A review of the incidence and prevalence, types and aetiology of childhood cerebral palsy in resource-poor settings,” Annals of Tropical Paediatrics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 181–196, 2010.
- S. Karande, S. Patil, and M. Kulkarni, “Impact of an educational program on parental knowledge of cerebral palsy,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 75, no. 9, pp. 901–906, 2008.
- World Health Organisation, Promoting the Development of Young Children with Cerebral Palsy, 1993, http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/1993/WHO_RHB_93.1.pdf.
- M. F. M. Ribeiro, M. A. Barbosa, and C. C. Porto, “Cerebral palsy and down syndrome: level of parental knowledge and information,” Ciencia e Saude Coletiva, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 2099–2106, 2011.
- G. Baird, H. McConachie, and D. Scrutton, “Parents' perceptions of disclosure of the diagnosis of cerebral palsy,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 475–480, 2000.
- E. Sen and S. Yurtsever, “Difficulties experienced by families with disabled children,” Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 238–252, 2007.
- Y.-P. Huang, U. M. Kellett, and W. St John, “Cerebral palsy: experiences of mothers after learning their child's diagnosis,” Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 1213–1221, 2010.
- T. J. Donovan, D. S. Reddihough, J. M. Court, and L. W. Doyle, “Health literature for parents of children with cerebral palsy,” Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 489–493, 1989.
- D. Mishra and H. P. Singh, “Kuppuswamy's socioeconomic status scale—a revision,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 273–274, 2003.
- M. L. S. Moura, R. C. J. Ribas, C. A. Picinini et al., “Knowledge of child development in primiparous mothers from different urban centers,” Studies of Psychology, vol. 9, pp. 421–429, 2004.
- M. V. Johnston, “Cerebral palsy,” in Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, R. M. Kliegman, B. F. Stanton, J. W. St Geme, N. F. Schor, R. E. Behrman, and H. B. Jenson, Eds., pp. 2061–2065, Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 19th edition, 2011.
- S. E. Green, ““What do you mean ‘what's wrong with her?'” stigma and the lives of families of children with disabilities,” Social Science and Medicine, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 1361–1374, 2003.
- P. Raina, M. O'Donnell, P. Rosenbaum et al., “The health and well-being of caregivers of children with cerebral palsy,” Pediatrics, vol. 115, no. 6, pp. e626–e636, 2005.