- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 676374, 7 pages
Current Neonatal Resuscitation Practices among Paediatricians in Gujarat, India
1Department of Paediatrics, Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad, Anand, Gujarat 388325, India
2Department of Physiology, Pramukhswami Medical College, Karamsad, Anand, Gujarat 388325, India
3Central Research Services, Charutar Arogya Mandal, Karamsad, Anand, Gujarat 388325, India
Received 24 October 2013; Revised 12 December 2013; Accepted 30 December 2013; Published 12 February 2014
Academic Editor: Dharmapuri Vidyasagar
Copyright © 2014 Satvik C. Bansal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. E. Lawn, S. Cousens, and J. Zupan, “4 Million neonatal deaths: when? Where? Why?” The Lancet, vol. 365, no. 9462, pp. 891–900, 2005.
- Infant and Child Mortality in India: Levels, Trends and Determinants, UNICEF, 2010.
- J. M. Perlman, J. Wyllie, J. Kattwinkel et al., “Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 International consensus on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care science with treatment recommendations,” Pediatrics, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. e1319–e1344, 2010.
- J. Kattwinkel, J. M. Perlman, K. Aziz, et al., “Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care,” Pediatrics, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. e1400–e1413, 2010.
- C. P. F. O'Donnell, P. G. Davis, and C. J. Morley, “Neonatal resuscitation: review of ventilation equipment and survey of practice in Australia and New Zealand,” Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 208–212, 2004.
- B. Dhingra and A. K. Dutta, “National rural health mission,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 1520–1526, 2011.
- D. Louis, P. Kumar, and A. Gupta, “Knowledge and practices of healthcare providers about essential newborn care and resuscitation in a district of Haryana,” The Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 114–117, 2013.
- J. M. Perlman, J. Wyllie, J. Kattwinkel et al., “Part 11: Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations,” Circulation, vol. 122, no. 16, pp. S516–S538, 2010.
- “ACOG Committee Opinion No. 379: Management of delivery of a new-born with meconium-stained amniotic fluid,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 110, no. 3, p. 739, 2007.
- N. Linder, J. V. Aranda, M. Tsur et al., “Need for endotracheal intubation and suction in meconium-stained neonates,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 613–615, 1988.
- T. E. Wiswell, C. M. Gannon, J. Jacob et al., “Delivery room management of the apparently vigorous meconium-stained neonate: results of the multicenter, international collaborative trial,” Pediatrics, vol. 105, no. 1 I, pp. 1–7, 2000.
- M. J. Sendak, A. P. Harris, and R. T. Donham, “Use of pulse oximetry to assess arterial oxygen saturation during newborn resuscitation,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 739–740, 1986.
- L. G. Maxwell, A. P. Harris, M. J. Sendak, and R. T. Donham, “Monitoring the resuscitation of preterm infants in the delivery room using pulse oximetry,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 18–20, 1987.
- C. Mann, C. Ward, M. Grubb et al., “Marked variation in newborn resuscitation practice: a national survey in the UK,” Resuscitation, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 607–611, 2012.
- W. El-Naggar and P. J. McNamara, “Delivery room resuscitation of preterm infants in Canada: current practice and views of neonatologists at level III centers,” Journal of Perinatology, 2011.
- V. Murthy, N. Rao, G. F. Fox, A. D. Milner, M. Campbell, and A. Greenough, “Survey of UK newborn resuscitation practices,” Archives of Disease in Childhood: Fetal and Neonatal Edition, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. F154–F155, 2012.
- J. Perlman, J. Kattwinkel, J. Wyllie et al., “Neonatal resuscitation: in pursuit of evidence gaps in knowledge,” Resuscitation, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 545–550, 2012.
- A. R. Laptook, W. Salhab, and B. Bhaskar, “Admission temperature of low birth weight infants: predictors and associated morbidities,” Pediatrics, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. e643–e649, 2007.
- K. Costeloe, E. Hennessy, A. T. Gibson, N. Marlow, and A. R. Wilkinson, “The EPICure study: outcomes to discharge from hospital for infants born at the threshold of viability,” Pediatrics, vol. 106, no. 4 I, pp. 659–671, 2000.
- A. Singh, J. Duckett, T. Newton, and M. Watkinson, “Improving neonatal unit admission temperatures in preterm babies: exothermic mattresses, polythene bags or a traditional approach?” Journal of Perinatology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 45–49, 2010.
- S. Vohra, G. Frent, V. Campbell, M. Abbott, and R. Whyte, “Effect of polyethylene occlusive skin wrapping on heat loss in very low birth weight infants at delivery: a randomized trial,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 134, no. 5, pp. 547–551, 1999.
- S. Vohra, R. S. Roberts, B. Zhang, M. Janes, and B. Schmidt, “Heat Loss Prevention (HeLP) in the delivery room: a randomized controlled trial of polyethylene occlusive skin wrapping in very preterm infants,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 145, no. 6, pp. 750–753, 2004.
- G. Sedin, “To avoid heat loss in very preterm infants,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 145, no. 6, pp. 720–722, 2004.
- A. Hartog, D. Gommers, J. J. Haitsma, and B. Lachmann, “Improvement of lung mechanics by exogenous surfactant: effect of prior application of high positive end-expiratory pressure,” British Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 752–756, 2000.
- N. Mulrooney, Z. Champion, T. J. M. Moss, I. Nitsos, M. Ikegami, and A. H. Jobe, “Surfactant and physiologic responses of preterm lambs to continuous positive airway pressure,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 171, no. 5, pp. 488–493, 2005.
- A. H. Jobe, B. W. Kramer, T. J. Moss, J. P. Newnham, and M. Ikegami, “Decreased indicators of lung injury with continuous positive expiratory pressure in preterm lambs,” Pediatric Research, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 387–392, 2002.
- D. Trevisanuto, P. Ferrarese, P. Cavicchioli, A. Fasson, V. Zanardo, and F. Zacchello, “Knowledge gained by pediatric residents after neonatal resuscitation program courses,” Paediatric Anaesthesia, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 944–947, 2005.
- J. Singh, S. Santosh, J. P. Wyllie, and A. Mellon, “Effects of a course in neonatal resuscitation—evaluation of an educational intervention on the standard of neonatal resuscitation,” Resuscitation, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 385–389, 2006.
- T. Xu, H.-S. Wang, H.-M. Ye et al., “Impact of a nationwide training program for neonatal resuscitation in China,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 125, no. 8, pp. 1448–1456, 2012.
- R. Hornik, “Some reflections on diffusion theory and the role of Everett Rogers,” Journal of Health Communication, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 143–148, 2004.
- A. Mitchell, P. Niday, J. Boulton, G. Chance, and C. Dulberg, “A prospective clinical audit of neonatal resuscitation practices in Canada,” Adv Neonatal Care, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 316–326, 2002.
- S. Manzar, A. K. Nair, M. G. Pai, and S. M. Al-Khusaiby, “Use of structured question format in neonatal resuscitation assessment,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 54, no. 11, p. 583, 2004.
- R. Lauterbach, E. Musialik-Swietlińska, J. Swietliński et al., “Current neonatal resuscitation practices in Polish neonatal units—national survey,” Medycyna Wieku Rozwojowego, vol. 12, no. 4, part 1, pp. 837–845, 2008.
- M. Iriondo, M. Thió, E. Burón, E. Salguero, J. Aguayo, and M. Vento, “A survey of neonatal resuscitation in Spain: gaps between guidelines and practice,” Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 786–791, 2009.
- C. A. Nelson and J. M. Spector, “Neonatal resuscitation capacity in Nepal,” Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 83–86, 2011.
- K. Bhola, K. Lui, and J. L. Oei, “Use of oxygen for delivery room neonatal resuscitation in non-tertiary Australian and New Zealand hospitals: a survey of current practices, opinions and equipment,” Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 828–832, 2012.