- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Pediatrics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 927430, 5 pages
Evaluation of Heart Rate Assessment Timing, Communication, Accuracy, and Clinical Decision-Making during High Fidelity Simulation of Neonatal Resuscitation
1Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
2Department of Medical Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Received 12 February 2014; Revised 8 April 2014; Accepted 10 April 2014; Published 30 April 2014
Academic Editor: Patrick Brophy
Copyright © 2014 Win Boon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Kattwinkel, Ed., Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook, American Academy of Pediatrics, 5th edition, 2006.
- J. M. Perlman, J. Wyllie, J. Kattwinkel et al., “Neonatal resuscitation: 2010 international consensus on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care science with treatment recommendations,” Pediatrics, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. e1319–e1344, 2010.
- D. N. Carbine, N. N. Finer, E. Knodel, and W. Rich, “Video recording as a means of evaluating neonatal resuscitation performance,” Pediatrics, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 654–658, 2000.
- B. Gelbart, R. Hiscock, and C. Barfield, “Assessment of neonatal resuscitation performance using video recording in a perinatal centre,” Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, vol. 46, no. 7-8, pp. 378–383, 2010.
- C. O. F. Kamlin, C. P. F. O'Donnell, N. J. Everest, P. G. Davis, and C. J. Morley, “Accuracy of clinical assessment of infant heart rate in the delivery room,” Resuscitation, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 319–321, 2006.
- C. J. Owen and J. P. Wyllie, “Determination of heart rate in the baby at birth,” Resuscitation, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 213–217, 2004.
- D. T. Theophilopoulos and D. J. Burchfield, “Accuracy of different methods for heart rate determination during simulated neonatal resuscitations,” Journal of Perinatology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 65–67, 1998.
- K. G. J. A. Voogdt, A. C. Morrison, F. E. Wood, R. M. van Elburg, and J. P. Wyllie, “A randomised, simulated study assessing auscultation of heart rate at birth,” Resuscitation, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 1000–1003, 2010.
- R. Chitkara, A. K. Rajani, J. W. Oehlert, H. C. Lee, M. S. Epi, and L. P. Halamek, “The accuracy of human senses in the detection of neonatal heart rate during standardized simulated resuscitation: implications for delivery of care, training and technology design,” Resuscitation, vol. 84, pp. 369–372, 2013.
- J. Lockyer, N. Singhal, H. Fidler, G. Weiner, K. Aziz, and V. Curran, “The development and testing of a performance checklist to assess neonatal resuscitation megacode skill,” Pediatrics, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. e1739–e1744, 2006.
- P. A. van der Heide, L. van Toledo-Eppinga, M. van der Heide, and J. H. van der Lee, “Assessment of neonatal resuscitation skills: a reliable and valid scoring system,” Resuscitation, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 212–221, 2006.
- T. A. Stavroudis, K. Frank, B. Sextin, A. Knight, L. P. Halamek, and E. A. Hunt, “Compliance with the neonatal resuscitation program timeline,” Pediatric Academic Soscieties, E-PAS2008:634453.3, 2008.
- R. P. Lemke, M. Farrah, and P. J. Byrn, “Use of a new doppler umbilical cord clamp to measure heart rate in newborn infants in the delivery roomlow perceived social support is associated to cd8+cd57+ lymphocyte expansion and increased,” E-Journal of Neonatology Research, vol. 1, pp. 83–88, 2011.
- Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, American Academy of Pediatrics, 6th edition, 2011.
- C. O. F. Kamlin, J. A. Dawson, C. P. F. O'Donnell et al., “Accuracy of pulse oximetry measurement of heart rate of newborn infants in the delivery room,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 756–760, 2008.
- H. Mizumoto, S. Tomotaki, H. Shibata et al., “Electrocardiogram shows reliable heart rates much earlier than pulse oximetry during neonatal resuscitation,” Pediatrics International, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 205–207, 2012.
- A. Katheria, W. Rich, and N. Finer, “Electrocardiogram provides a continuous heart rate faster than oximetry during neonatal resuscitation,” Pediatrics, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. e1177–e1181, 2012.