- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Peptides
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 362482, 4 pages
Effect of Microwave Radiation on Enzymatic and Chemical Peptide Bond Synthesis on Solid Phase
1Laboratory of Applied and Computational Biocatalysis, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Trieste, Piazzale Europa 1, 34127 Trieste, Italy
2School of Chemistry, The University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK
3Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre (MIB), The University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK
Received 15 October 2008; Accepted 4 February 2009
Academic Editor: Ayman El-Faham
Copyright © 2009 Alessandra Basso et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Erdélyi and A. Gogoll, “Rapid microwave-assisted solid phase peptide synthesis,” Synthesis, no. 11, pp. 1592–1596, 2002.
- J. K. Murray and S. H. Gellman, “Application of microwave irradiation to the synthesis of 14-helical -peptides,” Organic Letters, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1517–1520, 2005.
- T. Matsushita, H. Hinou, M. Kurogochi, H. Shimizu, and S.-I. Nishimura, “Rapid microwave-assisted solid-phase glycopeptide synthesis,” Organic Letters, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 877–880, 2005.
- B. C. Gorske, S. A. Jewell, E. J. Guerard, and H. E. Blackwell, “Expedient synthesis and design strategies for new peptoid construction,” Organic Letters, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1521–1524, 2005.
- H. J. Olivos, P. G. Alluri, M. M. Reddy, D. Salony, and T. Kodadek, “Microwave-assisted solid-phase synthesis of peptoids,” Organic Letters, vol. 4, no. 23, pp. 4057–4058, 2002.
- J. M. Collins and M. J. Collins, “Novel method for solid phase peptide synthesis using microwave energy,” Biopolymers, vol. 71, no. 3, p. 361, 2003.
- B. Rejasse, S. Lamare, M.-D. Legoy, and T. Besson, “Influence of microwave irradiation on ezymatic properties: applications in enzyme chemistry,” Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 518–526, 2007.
- H.-M. Yu, S.-T. Chen, and K.-T. Wang, “Enhanced coupling efficiency in solid-phase peptide synthesis by microwave irradiation,” The Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 18, pp. 4781–4784, 1992.
- R. V. Ulijn, B. Baragaña, P. J. Halling, and S. L. Flitsch, “Protease-catalyzed peptide synthesis on solid support,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 37, pp. 10988–10989, 2002.
- R. V. Ulijn, I. Brazendale, G. Margetts, et al., “Two-photon microscopy to spatially resolve and quantify fluorophores in single-bead chemistry,” Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 215–217, 2003.
- A. Y. Bosma, R. V. Ulijn, G. McConnell, J. Girkin, P. J. Halling, and S. L. Flitsch, “Using two photon microscopy to quantify enzymatic reaction rates on polymer beads,” Chemical Communications, vol. 9, no. 22, pp. 2790–2791, 2003.
- R. V. Ulijn, N. Bisek, and S. L. Flitsch, “Enzymatic optical resolution via acylation-hydrolysis on a solid support,” Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 621–622, 2003.
- A. Basso, R. V. Ulijn, S. L. Flitsch, et al., “Introduction of permanently charged groups into PEGA resins leads to improved biotransformations on solid support,” Tetrahedron, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 589–594, 2004.
- A. Basso, L. De Martin, L. Gardossi, et al., “Improved biotransformations on charged PEGA supports,” Chemical Communications, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1296–1297, 2003.
- A. Basso, P. Braiuca, L. De Martin, et al., “Nonswelling macroporous synbeads for improved efficiency of solid-phase biotransformations,” Chemistry, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1007–1013, 2004.
- M. A. Fara, J. J. Díaz-Mochón, and M. Bradley, “Microwave-assisted coupling with DIC/HOBt for the synthesis of difficult peptoids and fluorescently labelled peptides—a gentle heat goes a long way,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1011–1014, 2006.
- B. Réjasse, T. Besson, M.-D. Legoy, and S. Lamare, “Influence of microwave radiation on free Candida antarctica lipase B activity and stability,” Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 19, pp. 3703–3707, 2006.
- G. D. Yadav and P. S. Lathi, “Intensification of enzymatic synthesis of propylene glycol monolaurate from 1,2-propanediol and lauric acid under microwave irradiation: kinetics of forward and reverse reactions,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 814–820, 2006.
- I. Roy and M. N. Gupta, “Non-thermal effects of microwaves on protease-catalyzed esterification and transesterification,” Tetrahedron, vol. 59, no. 29, pp. 5431–5436, 2003.
- J.-R. Carrillo-Munoz, D. Bouvet, E. Guibé-Jampel, A. Loupy, and A. Petit, “Microwave-promoted lipase-catalyzed reactions. Resolution of ()-1-phenylethanol,” The Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 61, no. 22, pp. 7746–7749, 1996.
- M.-C. Parker, T. Besson, S. Lamare, and M.-D. Legoy, “Microwave radiation can increase the rate of enzyme-catalysed reactions in organic media,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 37, no. 46, pp. 8383–8386, 1996.
- M. Gelo-Pujic, E. Guibé-Jampel, A. Loupy, and A. Trincone, “Enzymatic glycosidation in dry media under microwave irradiation,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 1, vol. 7, pp. 1001–1002, 1997.
- G. Lin and W.-Y. Lin, “Microwave-promoted lipase-catalyzed reactions,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 39, no. 24, pp. 4333–4336, 1998.