- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Peptides
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 594723, 7 pages
Structural and Functional Consequences Induced by Post-Translational Modifications in α-Defensins
1School of Biosciences and Biotechnologies, University of Camerino, Gentile III da Varano Street, 62032 Camerino, Italy
2Department of Chemistry, University of Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
3Research Center, http://dx.doi.org/10.13039/100004336 Novartis, Fiorentina 1 Street, 53100 Siena, Italy
4Department of Evolutionary Biology, University of Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
Received 3 April 2011; Accepted 22 May 2011
Academic Editor: Peter Bergman
Copyright © 2011 Enrico Balducci et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Robert I. Lehrer, and Wuyuan Lu, “α-Defensins in human innate immunity,” Immunological Reviews, vol. 245, no. 1, pp. 84–112, 2011.
- Chi Chen, Praveen Kumar Yadav, Xingpeng Wang, and Zhanju Liu, “Regulatory role of defensins in inflammatory bowel disease,” Open Journal of Immunology, vol. 02, no. 02, pp. 78–84, 2012.
- Ehab H. Mattar, Hussein A. Almehdar, Haitham A. Yacoub, Vladimir N. Uversky, and Elrashdy M. Redwan, “Antimicrobial potentials and structural disorder of human and animal defensins,” Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2015.