- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Peptides
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 621329, 4 pages
Identification of Histoplasma-Specific Peptides in Human Urine
ARUP Institute for Clinical & Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Received 22 December 2011; Accepted 26 January 2012
Academic Editor: Suhn Hee Kim
Copyright © 2012 David K. Crockett et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Durkin, S. Kohler, C. Schnizlein-Bick et al., “Chronic infection and reactivation in a pulmonary challenge model of histoplasmosis,” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 183, no. 12, pp. 1822–1824, 2001.
- M. R. Chang, C. L. Taira, A. M. M. Paniago, D. L. Taira, R. V. Cunha, and B. Wanke, “Study of 30 cases of histoplasmosis observed in Mato Grosso do Sul State, Brazil,” Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de Sao Paulo, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 37–39, 2007.
- A. Rachid, L. S. Rezende, S. F. de Moura, P. C. Loffy, and F. L. Magalhães, “A case study of disseminated histoplasmosis linked to common variable immunodeficiency,” The Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 268–272, 2003.
- J. L. Cloud, S. K. Bauman, B. P. Neary, K. G. Ludwig, and E. R. Ashwood, “Performance characteristics of a polyclonal enzyme immunoassay for the quantitation of Histoplasma antigen in human urine samples,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 18–22, 2007.
- M. O. Xavier, A. C. Pasqualotto, I. C. E. Cardoso, and L. C. Severo, “Cross-reactivity of Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, Histoplasma capsulatum, and Cryptococcus species in the commercial platelia Aspergillus enzyme immunoassay,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 132–133, 2009.
- E. D. Holbrook, J. A. Edwards, B. H. Youseff, and C. A. Rappleye, “Definition of the extracellular proteome of pathogenic-phase Histoplasma capsulatum,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1929–1943, 2011.
- M. S. Winters, Q. Chan, J. A. Caruso, and G. S. Deepe, “Metallomic analysis of macrophages infected with Histoplasma capsulatum reveals a fundamental role for zinc in host defenses,” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 202, no. 7, pp. 1136–1145, 2010.
- L. M. Proctor, “The human microbiome project in 2011 and beyond,” Cell Host and Microbe, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 287–291, 2011.
- C. A. Cuomo and B. W. Birren, “The fungal genome initiative and lessons learned from genome sequencing,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 470, pp. 833–855, 2010.
- M. M. Kushnir, P. Mrozinski, A. L. Rockwood, and D. K. Crockett, “A depletion strategy for improved detection of human proteins from urine,” Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 101–108, 2009.