- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Plant Genomics
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 583429, 8 pages
STIFDB—Arabidopsis Stress Responsive Transcription Factor DataBase
1National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, UAS, GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560 065, India
2Department of Crop Physiology, UAS, GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560 065, India
Received 28 February 2009; Accepted 29 June 2009
Academic Editor: Chunguang Du
Copyright © 2009 K. Shameer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Jenks and P. Hasegawa, “Plant Abiotic Stress,” Biological Sciences Series, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK, 2005.
- S. Y. Rhee, J. Dickerson, and D. Xu, “Bioinformatics and its applications in plant biology,” Annual Review of Plant Biology, vol. 57, pp. 335–360, 2006.
- STIFDB (Stress responsive TranscrIption Factor DataBase), http://caps.ncbs.res.in/stifdb.
- A. S. Sundar, S. M. Varghese, K. Shameer, N. Karaba, M. Udayakumar, and R. Sowdhamini, “STIF: identification of stress-upregulated transcription factor binding sites in Arabidopsis thaliana,” Bioinformation, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 431–437, 2008.
- M. Ashburner, C. A. Ball, J. A. Blake, et al., “Creating the gene ontology resource: design and implementation,” Genome Research, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1425–1433, 2001.
- The Gene Ontology project in 2008, “Nucleic Acids Research,” vol. 36, pp. D440–D444, 2008.
- M. Ashburner, C. A. Ball, J. A. Blake, et al., “Gene ontology: tool for the unification of biology,” Nature Genetics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 2000.
- M. Garcia-Hernandez, T. Z. Berardini, G. Chen, et al., “TAIR: a resource for integrated Arabidopsis data,” Functional and Integrative Genomics, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 239–253, 2002.
- D. Swarbreck, C. Wilks, P. Lamesch, et al., “The Arabidopsis information resource (TAIR): gene structure and function annotation,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 36, pp. D1009–D1014, 2008.
- A. Guo, K. He, D. Liu, et al., “DATF: a database of Arabidopsis transcription factors,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 2568–2569, 2005.
- Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC), http://arabidopsis.info.
- D. K. Button, K. M. Gartland, L. D. Ball, L. Natanson, J. S. Gartland, and G. D. Lyon, “DRASTIC–INSIGHTS: querying information in a plant gene expression database,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 34, pp. D712–D716, 2006.
- T. Sakurai, M. Satou, K. Akiyama, et al., “RARGE: a large-scale database of RIKEN Arabidopsis resources ranging from transcriptome to phenome,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 33, pp. D647–D650, 2005.
- G. J. Warren, “Cold stress: manipulating freezing tolerance in plants,” Current Biology, vol. 8, no. 15, pp. R514–R516, 1998.
- S. R. Eddy, “Profile hidden Markov models,” Bioinformatics, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 755–763, 1998.
- Validation of STIF algorithm for 29 stress responsive genes, http://caps.ncbs.res.in/stifdb/help.html#validation.
- R. Mahalingam, A. Gomez-Buitrago, N. Eckardt, et al., “Characterizing the stress/defense transcriptome of Arabidopsis,” Genome Biology, vol. 4, no. 3, p. R20, 2003.
- B. Vinocur and A. Altman, “Recent advances in engineering plant tolerance to abiotic stress: achievements and limitations,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 123–132, 2005.
- TFmap—Transcription Factor map in STIFDB, http://caps.ncbs.res.in/stifdb/help.html#tfmap.
- J. E. Stajich, D. Block, K. Boulez, et al., “The Bioperl toolkit: Perl modules for the life sciences,” Genome Research, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1611–1618, 2002.
- N. J. Mulder and R. Apweiler, “The InterPro database and tools for protein domain analysis,” Current Protocols in Bioinformatics, chapter 2: unit 2.7, 2008.
- E. A. Bray, “Classification of genes differentially expressed during water-deficit stress in Arabidopsis thaliana: an analysis using microarray and differential expression data,” Annals of Botany, vol. 89, pp. 803–811, 2002.
- Browse STIFDB using stress signals, http://caps.ncbs.res.in/stifdb/browse.html#se.
- S. F. Altschul, T. L. Madden, A. A. Schäffer, et al., “Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 3389–3402, 1997.
- The MySQL Database, http://dev.mysql.com.
- Perl, http://www.perl.org.
- L.-J. Qu and Y.-X. Zhu, “Transcription factor families in Arabidopsis: major progress and outstanding issues for future research,” Current Opinion in Plant Biology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 544–549, 2006.