- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Plant Genomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 349527, 7 pages
A Pair of Partially Overlapping Arabidopsis Genes with Antagonistic Circadian Expression
Centre for Plant Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Received 1 December 2011; Revised 26 January 2012; Accepted 27 January 2012
Academic Editor: Pierre Sourdille
Copyright © 2012 Andrea Kunova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Vanhée-Brossollet and C. Vaquero, “Do natural antisense transcripts make sense in eukaryotes?” Gene, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1998.
- J. S. Mattick, “Non-coding RNAs: the architects of eukaryotic complexity,” EMBO Reports, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 986–991, 2001.
- K. Yamada, J. Lim, J. H. Dale et al., “Empirical analysis of transcriptional activity in the Arabidopsis genome,” Science, vol. 302, no. 5646, pp. 842–846, 2003.
- X. J. Wang, T. Gaasterland, and N. H. Chua, “Genome-wide prediction and identification of cis-natural antisense transcripts in Arabidopsis thaliana,” Genome biology, vol. 6, no. 4, p. R30, 2005.
- C. H. Jen, I. Michalopoulos, D. R. Westhead, and P. Meyer, “Natural antisense transcripts with coding capacity in Arabidopsis may have a regulatory role that is not linked to double-stranded RNA degradation,” Genome biology, vol. 6, no. 6, p. R51, 2005.
- O. Borsani, J. Zhu, P. E. Verslues, R. Sunkar, and J. K. Zhu, “Endogenous siRNAs derived from a pair of natural cis-antisense transcripts regulate salt tolerance in Arabidopsis,” Cell, vol. 123, no. 7, pp. 1279–1291, 2005.
- S. Katiyar-Agarwal, R. Morgan, D. Dahlbeck et al., “A pathogen-inducible endogenous siRNA in plant immunity,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 47, pp. 18002–18007, 2006.
- J. M. Alonso, A. N. Stepanova, T. J. Leisse et al., “Genome-wide insertional mutagenesis of Arabidopsis thaliana,” Science, vol. 301, no. 5633, pp. 653–657, 2003.
- A. F. Tissier, S. Marillonnet, V. Klimyuk et al., “Multiple independent defective Suppressor-mutator transposon insertions in Arabidopsis: a tool for functional genomics,” Plant Cell, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1841–1852, 1999.
- R. L. Scholl, S. T. May, and D. H. Ware, “Seed and molecular resources for Arabidopsis,” Plant Physiology, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 1477–1480, 2000.
- K. D. Edwards, P. E. Anderson, A. Hall et al., “FLOWERING LOCUS C mediates natural variation in the high-temperature response of the Arabidopsis circadian clock,” Plant Cell, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 639–650, 2006.
- Z. Vejlupkova and J. E. Fowler, “Maize DNA preps for undergraduate students: a robust method for PCR genotyping,” Maize Genetics Cooperation Newsletter, vol. 77, pp. 24–25, 2003.
- D. Swarbreck, C. Wilks, P. Lamesch et al., “The Arabidopsis Information Resource (TAIR): gene structure and function annotation,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 36, supplement 1, pp. D1009–D1014, 2008.
- A. Peragine, M. Yoshikawa, G. Wu, H. L. Albrecht, and R. S. Poethig, “SGS3 and SGS2/SDE1/RDR6 are required for juvenile development and the production of trans-acting siRNAs in Arabidopsis,” Genes and Development, vol. 18, no. 19, pp. 2368–2379, 2004.
- M. Stam, R. De Bruin, R. Van Blokland, R. A. L. Van Der Hoorn, J. N. M. Mol, and J. M. Kooter, “Distinct features of post-transcriptional gene silencing by antisense transgenes in single copy and inverted T-DNA repeat loci,” Plant Journal, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 27–42, 2000.
- R. P. Hellens, E. Anne Edwards, N. R. Leyland, S. Bean, and P. M. Mullineaux, “pGreen: a versatile and flexible binary Ti vector for Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation,” Plant Molecular Biology, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 819–832, 2000.
- E. Zubko and P. Meyer, “A natural antisense transcript of the Petunia hybrida Sho gene suggests a role for an antisense mechanism in cytokinin regulation,” Plant Journal, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1131–1139, 2007.
- K. E. Shearwin, B. P. Callen, and J. B. Egan, “Transcriptional interference—a crash course,” Trends in Genetics, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 339–345, 2005.
- E. M. Prescott and N. J. Proudfoot, “Transcriptional collision between convergent genes in budding yeast,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 99, no. 13, pp. 8796–8801, 2002.
- S. K. Crosthwaite, “Circadian clocks and natural antisense RNA,” FEBS Letters, vol. 567, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 2004.
- C. Kramer, J. J. Loros, J. C. Dunlap, and S. K. Crosthwaite, “Role for antisense RNA in regulating circadian clock function in Neurospora crassa,” Nature, vol. 421, no. 6926, pp. 948–952, 2003.
- J. Dekker, K. Rippe, M. Dekker, and N. Kleckner, “Capturing chromosome conformation,” Science, vol. 295, no. 5558, pp. 1306–1311, 2002.
- A. K. Linnemann, A. E. Platts, and S. A. Krawetz, “Differential nuclear scaffold/matrix attachment marks expressed genes,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 645–654, 2009.
- M. Shogren-Knaak, H. Ishii, J. M. Sun, M. J. Pazin, J. R. Davie, and C. L. Peterson, “Histone H4-K16 acetylation controls chromatin structure and protein interactions,” Science, vol. 311, no. 5762, pp. 844–847, 2006.
- K. Havas, A. Flaus, M. Phelan et al., “Generation of superhelical torsion by ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling activities,” Cell, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 1133–1142, 2000.
- E. Zubko, A. Kunova, and P. Meyer, “Sense and antisense transcripts of convergent gene pairs in Arabidopsis thaliana can share a common polyadenylation region,” PLoS One, vol. 6, no. 2, Article ID e16769, 2011.