- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Plant Genomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 649081, 9 pages
Chromosomal Location of HCA1 and HCA2, Hybrid Chlorosis Genes in Rice
1Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, 1-21-24 Korimoto, Kagoshima, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
2Institute of Gene Research, Kagoshima University, 1-21-24 Korimoto, Kagoshima, Kagoshima 890-0065, Japan
Received 1 September 2011; Revised 24 November 2011; Accepted 29 November 2011
Academic Editor: Yunbi Xu
Copyright © 2012 Katsuyuki Ichitani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Bomblies and D. Weigel, “Hybrid necrosis: autoimmunity as a potential gene-flow barrier in plant species,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 382–393, 2007.
- K. Tsunewaki, “Gene analysis on chlorosis of the hybrid, Triticum aestivum var. Chenese Spring × T. macha var. subletschchumicum, and its bearing on the genetic basis of necrosis and chlorosis,” Japanese Journal of Genetics, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 413–426, 1966.
- K. Tsunewaki and J. Hamada, “A new type of hybrid chlorosis found in tetraploid wheats,” Japanese Journal of Genetics, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 279–288, 1968.
- K. Tsunewaki, “Distribution of necrosis genes in wheat V. Triticum macha, T. spelta and T. vavilovii,” Japanese Journal of Genetics, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 93–101, 1971.
- K. Tsunewaki and Y. Nakai, “Consideration on the origin and speciation of four groups of wheat from the distribution of necrosis and chlorosis genes,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Wheat Genetics Symposium, pp. 123–129, 1973.
- T. Kawahara, “Genetic analysis of Cs chlorosis in tetraploid wheats,” Japanese Journal of Genetics, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 147–153, 1993.
- Y. I. Sato, S. Matsuura, and K. Hayashi, “The genetic basis of hybrid chlorosis found in a cross between two Japanese native cultivars,” Rice Genetics Newsletter, vol. 1, p. 106, 1984.
- Y. Sano and F. Kita, “Reproductive barriers distributed in melilotus species and their genetic bases,” Canadian Journal of Genetics and Cytology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 275–289, 1978.
- Y. I. Sato and H. Morishima, “Distribution of the genes causing F2 chlorosis in rice cultivars of the Indica and Japonica types,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 723–727, 1988.
- S. R. McCouch and Committee on Gene Symbolization, Nomenclature and Linkage, Rice Genetics Cooperative (CGSNL), “Gene nomenclature system for rice,” Rice, vol. 1, pp. 72–84, 2008.
- K. Ichitani, Y. Fukuta, S. Taura, and M. Sato, “Chromosomal location of Hwc2, one of the complementary hybrid weakness genes, in rice,” Plant Breeding, vol. 120, no. 6, pp. 523–525, 2001.
- K. Ichitani, K. Namigoshi, M. Sato et al., “Fine mapping and allelic dosage effect of Hwc1, a complementary hybrid weakness gene in rice,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 114, no. 8, pp. 1407–1415, 2007.
- T. Kuboyama, T. Saito, T. Matsumoto, et al., “Fine mapping of HWC2, a complementary hybrid weakness gene, and haplotype analysis around the locus in rice,” Rice, vol. 2, pp. 93–103, 2009.
- K. Ichitani, T. Taura, T. Tezuka, Y. Okiyama, and T. Kuboyama, “Chromosomal location of HWA1 and HWA2, complementary weakness genes in rice,” Rice., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 29–38, 2011.
- Y. Fukuta, K. Tamura, H. Sasahara, and T. Fukuyama, “Genetic and breeding analysis using molecular markers. 18. Variations of gene frequency and the RFLP map of the hybrid population derived from the cross between the rice variety, Milyang 23 and Akihikari,” Breeding Research, vol. 1, supplement 2, p. 176, 1999 (Japanese).
- H. Tsunematsu, A. Yoshimura, Y. Harushima et al., “RFLP framework map using recombinant inbred lines in rice,” Breeding Science, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 279–284, 1996.
- T. Kubo and A. Yoshimura, “Genetic basis of hybrid breakdown in a Japonica/Indica cross of rice, Oryza sativa L.,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 105, no. 6-7, pp. 906–911, 2002.
- T. Kubo and A. Yoshimura, “Epistasis underlying female sterility detected in hybrid breakdown in a Japonica-Indica cross of rice (Oryza sativa L.),” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 346–355, 2005.
- M. Yokoo, S. Saito, T. Higashi, and S. Matsumoto, “Use of a Korean rice cultivar Milyang 23 for improving Japanese rice,” Breeding Science, vol. 44, pp. 219–222, 1994 (Japanese).
- M. Lorieux, “MapDisto, A free user-friendly program for computing genetic maps,” Computer demonstration (P958) given at the Plant and Animal Genome 15th conference, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2007, http://mapdisto.free.fr/.
- D. Kosambi, “The estimation of map distance from recombination values,” Annals of Eugenics, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 172–175, 1944.
- S. L. Dellaporta, J. Wood, and J. B. Hicks, “A plant DNA minipreparation: version II,” Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 19–21, 1983.
- T. Sasaki, “International Rice Genome Sequencing Project," "The map-based sequence of the rice genome,” Nature, vol. 436, no. 7052, pp. 793–800, 2005.
- Y. Nagamura, T. Inoue, B. A. Antonio et al., “Conservation of duplicated segments between rice chromosomes 11 and 12,” Breeding Science, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 373–376, 1995.
- B. A. Antonio, T. Inoue, H. Kajiya et al., “Comparison of genetic distance and order of DNA markers in five populations of rice,” Genome, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 946–956, 1996.
- J. Wu, N. Kurata, H. Tanoue et al., “Physical mapping of duplicated genomic regions of two chromosome ends in rice,” Genetics, vol. 150, no. 4, pp. 1595–1603, 1998.
- Y. Harushima, M. Yano, A. Shomura et al., “A high-density rice genetic linkage map with 2275 markers using a single F2 population,” Genetics, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 479–494, 1998.
- S. R. McCouch, L. Teytelman, Y. Xu et al., “Development and mapping of 2240 new SSR markers for rice (Oryza sativa L.),” DNA Research, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 199–207, 2002.
- X. Chen, S. Temnykh, Y. Xu, Y. G. Cho, and S. R. McCouch, “Development of a microsatellite framework map providing genome-wide coverage in rice (Oryza sativa L.),” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 95, no. 4, pp. 553–567, 1997.
- L. Monna, R. Ohta, H. Masuda, A. Koike, and Y. Minobe, “Genome-wide searching of single-nucleotide polymorphisms among eight distantly and closely related rice cultivars (Oryza sativa L.) and a wild accession (Oryza rufipogon Griff.),” DNA Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 43–51, 2006.
- S. Ouyang, W. Zhu, J. Hamilton et al., “The TIGR Rice Genome Annotation Resource: improvements and new features,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. D883–D887, 2007.
- Y. Yamagata, E. Yamamoto, K. Aya et al., “Mitochondrial gene in the nuclear genome induces reproductive barrier in rice,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 1494–1499, 2010.
- Y. Mizuta, Y. Harushima, and N. Kurata, “Rice pollen hybrid incompatibility caused by reciprocal gene loss of duplicated genes,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 107, no. 47, pp. 20417–20422, 2010.
- D. Bikard, D. Patel, C. Le Metté et al., “Divergent evolution of duplicate genes leads to genetic incompatibilities within A. thaliana,” Science, vol. 323, no. 5914, pp. 623–626, 2009.
- Y. Fukuta, H. Sasahara, K. Tamura, and T. Fukuyama, “RFLP linkage map included the information of segregation distortion in a wide-cross population between Indica and Japonica rice (Oryza sativa L.),” Breeding Science, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 65–72, 2000.
- Y. Kojima, K. Ebana, S. Fukuoka, T. Nagamine, and M. Kawase, “Development of an RFLP-based rice diversity research set of germplasm,” Breeding Science, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 431–440, 2005.
- K. Ebana, Y. Kojima, S. Fukuoka, T. Nagamine, and M. Kawase, “Development of mini core collection of Japanese rice landrace,” Breeding Science, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 281–291, 2008.
- K. Zhao, M. Wright, J. Kimball et al., “Genomic diversity and introgression in O. sativa reveal the impact of domestication and breeding on the rice genome,” PloS One, vol. 5, no. 5, article e10780, 2010.