- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Population Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 458723, 11 pages
Financial Factors and Labour Market Transitions of Older Workers in Canada
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, Gatineau, QC, Canada K1A OJ9
Received 3 November 2011; Revised 16 February 2012; Accepted 20 February 2012
Academic Editor: Alberto Davila
Copyright © 2012 Xuyang Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. J. Ruhm, “Bridge jobs and partial retirement,” Journal of Labor Economics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 482–501, 1990.
- T. Schirle, “Health, pensions, and the retirement decision: evidence from Canada,” Canadian Journal of Aging, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 519–527, 2010.
- M. Fougère, S. Harvey, Y. Lan, A. Léonard, and B. Rainville, “Incentives for Early Retirement in Canada: An Analysis with a Dynamic Life-Cycle CGE Model,” in Retirement Policy Issues in Canada, John Deutsch Institute for the Study of Economic Policy Conference Book, M. G. Abbott, C. M. Beach, R. W. Boadway, and J. G. MacKinnon, Eds., McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2009.
- M. Baker, J. Gruber, and K. Milligan, “The retirement incentive effects of Canada's Income Security programs,” Canadian Journal of Economics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 261–290, 2003.
- M. Baker, J. Gruber, and K. Millligan, “Income security programs and retirement in Canada,” in Social Security Programs and Retirement Around the World: Micro-Estimation, pp. 99–152, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 2004.
- C. Pescarus and M. Rivard, “Régimes de retraite d’employeur et incitations à la retraite anticipée au Canada,” Department of Finance Working Paper 2005-02, 2005.
- J. Compton, “Determinants of Retirement — Does Money Really Matter?” Department of Finance, Canada, Working Paper #2001-02, 2002, http://www.fin.gc.ca/wp/2001-02-eng.asp.
- K. Milligan and T. Schirle, “Public Pensions and Retirement: International Evidence in the Canadian Context,” Skills Research Initiative Working Paper 2006 A-13, 2006, http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/eas-aes.nsf/en/ra02019e.html.
- C. Coile and J. Gruber, “Future social security entitlements and the retirement decision,” Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 234–246, 2007.
- P. Diamond and G. Jonathan, “Social Security and Retirement in the US,” in Social Security and Retirement Around the World, J. Gruber and D. Wise, Eds., University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1999.
- X. Chen, M. Fougère, and B. Rainville, “Taxes, Pension and the Retirement Decision of Older Canadians,” in Canadian Economic Association Meetings, Ottawa, Canada, 2011.
- B.-P. Hébert and M. Luong, “Bridge Employment,” Perspectives on Labour and Income, November, Statistics Canada, Catalogue no. 75-001, 2008.
- T. Wannell, “Young Pensioners,” Perspectives on Labour and Income, October, Statistics Canada, Catalogue no. 75-001, 2007.
- G. Schellenberg, M. Turcotte, and B. Ram, “Post-retirement Employment,” Perspectives on Labour and Income, September, Statistics Canada, Catalogue no. 75-001, 2005.
- W. Pyper and P. Giles, “Approaching Retirement,” Perspectives on Labour and Income, September, Statistics Canada, Catalogue no. 75-001, 2002.
- K. E. Cahill, M. D. Giandrea, and J. F. Quinn, “Are Traditional Retirements a Thing of the Past? New Evidence on Retirement Patterns and bridge Jobs,” BLS Working paper no. 384, September 2005.
- Statistics Canada, “Pension Plans in Canada,” Catalogue no. 74C0002, 2009.
- W. Pyper, “RRSP investments,” Perspectives on Labour and Income, February, Statistics Canada, Catalogue no. 75-001, 2008.
- J. Stock and D. Wise, “Pensions, the option value of work and retirement,” Econometrica, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 1151–1180, 1990.
- C. Coile and J. Gruber, Social Security Programs and Retirement Around the World: Micro-Estimation, J. Gruber and D. Wise, Eds., NBER Book Series–International Social Security, University of Chicago Press, 2004.