- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Proteomics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 515372, 8 pages
Functional Proteomic Profiling of Phosphodiesterases Using SeraFILE Separations Platform
ProFACT Proteomics Inc., 1 Deer Park Drive, Suite M, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852, USA
Received 21 March 2012; Revised 29 June 2012; Accepted 2 July 2012
Academic Editor: Winston Patrick Kuo
Copyright © 2012 Amita R. Oka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Mallick and B. Kuster, “Proteomics: a pragmatic perspective,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 695–709, 2010.
- S. Pitteri and S. Hanash, “A systems approach to the proteomic identification of novel cancer biomarkers,” Disease Markers, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 233–239, 2010.
- A. H. J. Danser, W. W. Batenburg, A. H. van den Meiracker, and S. M. Danilov, “ACE phenotyping as a first step toward personalized medicine for ACE inhibitors. Why does ACE genotyping not predict the therapeutic efficacy of ACE inhibition?” Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 607–618, 2007.
- S. M. Danilov, I. V. Balyasnikova, R. F. Albrecht, and O. A. Kost, “Simultaneous determination of ACE activity with 2 substrates provides information on the status of somatic ACE and allows detection of inhibitors in human blood,” Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 90–103, 2008.
- M. Sanchez-Carbayo, “Antibody array-based technologies for cancer protein profiling and functional proteomic analyses using serum and tissue specimens,” Tumor Biology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 103–112, 2010.
- S. P. Gygi, B. Rist, S. A. Gerber, F. Turecek, M. H. Gelb, and R. Aebersold, “Quantitative analysis of complex protein mixtures using isotope-coded affinity tags,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 994–999, 1999.
- M. P. Washburn, D. Wolters, and J. R. Yates, “Large-scale analysis of the yeast proteome by multidimensional protein identification technology,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 242–247, 2001.
- T. Ito, K. Ota, H. Kubota et al., “Roles for the two-hybrid system in exploration of the yeast protein interactome.,” Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, vol. 1, no. 8, pp. 561–566, 2002.
- G. MacBeath, “Protein microarrays and proteomics,” Nature Genetics, vol. 32, supplement 5, pp. 526–532, 2002.
- B. F. Cravatt, A. T. Wright, and J. W. Kozarich, “Activity-based protein profiling: from enzyme chemistry to proteomic chemistry,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 77, pp. 383–414, 2008.
- Y. Liu, M. P. Patricelli, and B. F. Cravatt, “Activity-based protein profiling: the serine hydrolases,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 96, no. 26, pp. 14694–14699, 1999.
- M. Bantscheff, D. Eberhard, Y. Abraham et al., “Quantitative chemical proteomics reveals mechanisms of action of clinical ABL kinase inhibitors,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1035–1044, 2007.
- D. Kültz, D. Fiol, N. Valkova, S. Gomez-Jimenez, S. Y. Chan, and J. Lee, “Functional genomics and proteomics of the cellular osmotic stress response in 'non-model' organisms,” Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 210, no. 9, pp. 1593–1601, 2007.
- R. D. Gietz, B. Triggs-Raine, A. Robbins, K. C. Graham, and R. A. Woods, “Identification of proteins that interact with a protein of interest: applications of the yeast two-hybrid system,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 172, no. 1-2, pp. 67–79, 1997.
- M. Fromont-Racine, J. C. Rain, and P. Legrain, “Toward a functional analysis of the yeast genome through exhaustive two- hybrid screens,” Nature Genetics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 277–282, 1997.
- S. Roy, J. Krupey, and M. Kuruc, “Composition and methods for proteomic investigations,” in US Patent and Trade Mark Office, P. Proteomics, Ed., ProFACT Proteomics, Monmouth Junction, NJ, USA, 2003.
- M. Conti and J. Beavo, “Biochemistry and physiology of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases: essential components in cyclic nucleotide signaling,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 76, pp. 481–511, 2007.
- K. M. Torgersen, E. M. Aandahl, and K. Taskén, “Molecular architecture of signal complexes regulating immune cell function.,” Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, no. 186, pp. 327–363, 2008.
- J. A. Beavo, M. Conti, and R. J. Heaslip, “Multiple cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases,” Molecular Pharmacology, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 1994.
- C. Lugnier, “Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) superfamily: a new target for the development of specific therapeutic agents,” Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 366–398, 2006.
- J. Beavo, S. H. Francis, and M. D. Houslay, Cyclic Nucleotide Phosphodiesterases in Health and Disease, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2006.
- J. Beavo, S. H. Francis, and M. D. Houslay, Cyclic Nucleotide Phosphodiesterases in Health and Disease, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2007.
- Y. H. Jeon, Y. S. Heo, C. M. Kim et al., “Phosphodiesterase: overview of protein structures, potential therapeutic applications and recent progress in drug development,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 1198–1220, 2005.
- M. D. Houslay, P. Schafer, and K. Y. J. Zhang, “Keynote review: phosphodiesterase-4 as a therapeutic target,” Drug Discovery Today, vol. 10, no. 22, pp. 1503–1519, 2005.
- R. K. Sharma, A. M. Adachi, K. Adachi, and J. H. Wang, “Demonstration of bovine brain calmodulin-dependent cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase isozymes by monoclonal antibodies,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 259, no. 14, pp. 9248–9254, 1984.
- T. Kyoi, M. Oka, K. Noda, and Y. Ukai, “Phosphodiesterase inhibition by a gastroprotective agent irsogladine: preferential blockade of cAMP hydrolysis,” Life Sciences, vol. 75, no. 15, pp. 1833–1842, 2004.
- S. Murashima, T. Tanaka, S. Hockman, and V. Manganiello, “Characterization of particulate cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases from bovine brain: purification of a distinct cGMP-stimulated isoenzyme,” Biochemistry, vol. 29, no. 22, pp. 5285–5292, 1990.
- K. Sankaran, I. Hanbauer, and W. Lovenberg, “Heat-stable low molecular weight form of phosphodiesterases from bovine pineal gland,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 75, no. 7, pp. 3188–3191, 1978.
- S. Kakiuchi, R. Yamazaki, Y. Teshima, and K. Uenishi, “Regulation of nucleoside cyclic 3':5' monophosphate phosphodiesterase activity from rat brain by a modulator and Ca2+,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 70, no. 12, 1973.
- J. A. Smoake, S. Y. Song, and W. Y. Cheung, “Cyclic 3',5' nucleotide phosphodiesterase. Distribution and developmental changes of the enzyme and its protein activator in mammalian tissues and cells,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 341, no. 2, pp. 402–411, 1974.
- R. S. Hansen and J. A. Beavo, “Differential recognition of calmodulin-enzyme complexes by a conformation-specific anti-calmodulin monoclonal antibody,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 261, no. 31, pp. 14636–14645, 1986.
- I. McPhee, L. Pooley, M. Lobban, G. Bolger, and M. D. Houslay, “Identification, characterization and regional distribution in brain of RPDE-6 (RNPDE4A5), a novel splice variant of the PDE4A cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase family,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 310, no. 3, pp. 965–974, 1995.
- F. Ohsawa, M. Yamauchi, H. Nagaso, S. Murakami, J. Baba, and A. Sawa, “Inhibitory effects of rolipram on partially purified phosphodiesterase 4 from rat brains,” Japanese Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 147–154, 1998.
- M. Shepherd, T. McSorley, A. E. Olsen et al., “Molecular cloning and subcellular distribution of the novel PDE4B4 cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase isoform,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 370, no. 2, pp. 429–438, 2003.
- ProFACT Proteomics, Reproducibility Of SeraFILE Derived Functional Proteomic Profiles, ProFACT Proteomics, http://www.profactproteomics.com/technical_notes.html, 2007.
- ProFACT Proteomics, Molecular profiling with SeraFILE, Nature Methods, Application Notes, ProFACT Proteomics, http://www.profactproteomics.com/technical_notes.html, 2008.
- ProFACT Proteomics, SeraFILE—A Biomarker and Drug Discovery Engine, ProFACT Proteomics, http://www.profactproteomics.com/serafile.html, 2004.
- ProFACT Proteomics, Functional Proteomic Signatures of the Ubiquitin / Proteasome Pathway, ProFACT Proteomics, http://www.profactproteomics.com/technical_notes.html, 2007.
- S. P. Chock and C. Y. Huang, “An optimized continuous assay for cAMP phosphodiesterase and calmodulin,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 34–43, 1984.
- A. B. Burgin, O. T. Magnusson, J. Singh et al., “Design of phosphodiesterase 4D (PDE4D) allosteric modulators for enhancing cognition with improved safety,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 63–70, 2010.
- M. S. S. Alhamdani, C. Schröder, and J. D. Hoheisel, “Analysis conditions for proteomic profiling of mammalian tissue and cell extracts with antibody microarrays,” Proteomics, vol. 10, no. 17, pp. 3203–3207, 2010.
- A. Farina, J. M. Dumonceau, J. L. Frossard, A. Hadengue, D. F. Hochstrasser, and P. Lescuyer, “Proteomic analysis of human bile from malignant biliary stenosis induced by pancreatic cancer,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 159–169, 2009.
- B. Chen, J. Q. Dong, Y. J. Chen et al., “Two-dimensional electrophoresis for comparative proteomic analysis of human bile,” Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Diseases International, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 402–406, 2007.
- T. Z. Kristiansen, J. Bunkenborg, M. Gronborg et al., “A proteomic analysis of human bile,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 715–728, 2004.
- E. I. Chen, D. Cociorva, J. L. Norris, and J. R. Yates, “Optimization of mass spectrometry-compatible surfactants for shotgun proteomics,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2529–2538, 2007.