- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Proteomics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 760208, 7 pages
The Human Urinary Proteome Fingerprint Database UPdb
1BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Glasgow, 126 University Place, Joseph Black Building, Room B2-21, Glasgow G12 8TA, UK
2Tissue Injury and Repair Group, School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, University of Edinburgh, 1st Floor Chancellors Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
3The Roslin Institute & R(D)VS, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH25 9RG, UK
4School of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Received 3 June 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Andrew J. Link
Copyright © 2013 Holger Husi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Adachi, C. Kumar, Y. Zhang, J. V. Olsen, and M. Mann, “The human urinary proteome contains more than 1500 proteins, including a large proportion of membrane proteins,” Genome Biology, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. R80.1–R80.16, 2006.
- H. Husi, N. A. Stephens, A. Cronshaw, et al., “Proteomic analysis of urinary upper gastrointestinal cancer markers,” Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 5-6, pp. 289–299, 2011.
- D. M. Good, V. Thongboonkerd, J. Novak et al., “Body fluid proteomics for biomarker discovery: lessons from the past hold the key to success in the future,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 4549–4555, 2007.
- T. Pisitkun, R.-F. Shen, and M. A. Knepper, “Identification and proteomic profiling of exosomes in human urine,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 36, pp. 13368–13373, 2004.
- V. Thongboonkerd, K. R. McLeish, J. M. Arthur, and J. B. Klein, “Proteomic analysis of normal human urinary proteins isolated by acetone precipitation or ultracentrifugation,” Kidney International, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 1461–1469, 2002.
- J. Wu, N. Wang, J. Wang et al., “Identification of a uromodulin fragment for diagnosis of IgA nephropathy,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 24, no. 14, pp. 1971–1978, 2010.
- S. Schaub, D. Rush, J. Wilkins et al., “Proteomic-based detection of urine proteins associated with acute renal allograft rejection,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 219–227, 2004.
- Z. K. Shihabi, J. C. Konen, and M. L. O'Connor, “Albuminuria vs urinary total protein for detecting chronic renal disorders,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 621–624, 1991.
- J. S. Yudkin, R. D. Forrest, and C. A. Jackson, “Microalbuminuria as predictor of vascular disease in non-diabetic subjects. Islington Diabetes Survey,” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 8610, pp. 530–533, 1988.
- H. H.-Y. Ngai, W.-H. Sit, P.-P. Jiang, R.-J. Xu, J. M.-F. Wan, and V. Thongboonkerd, “Serial changes in urinary proteome profile of membranous nephropathy: implications for pathophysiology and biomarker discovery,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 3038–3047, 2006.
- T. Marshall and K. Williams, “Two-dimensional electrophoresis of human urinary proteins following concentration by dye precipitation,” Electrophoresis, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1265–1272, 1996.
- R. Pieper, C. L. Gatlin, A. M. McGrath et al., “Characterization of the human urinary proteome: a method for high-resolution display of urinary proteins on two-dimensional electrophoresis gels with a yield of nearly 1400 distinct protein spots,” Proteomics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1159–1174, 2004.
- M. R. Bueler, F. Wiederkehr, and D. J. Vonderschmitt, “Electrophoretic, chromatographic and immunological studies of human urinary proteins,” Electrophoresis, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 124–134, 1995.
- C. Spahr, M. Davis, M. D. McGinley et al., “Towards defining the urinary proteome using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry I. Profiling an unfractionated tryptic digest,” Proteomics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 93–107, 2001.
- P. A. Cadieux, D. T. Beiko, J. D. Watterson et al., “Surface-Enhanced Laser Desorption/Ionization-Time of Flight-Mass Spectrometry (SELDI-TOF-MS): a new proteomic urinary test for patients with urolithiasis,” Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 170–175, 2004.
- H. Roelofsen, G. Alvarez-Llamas, M. Schepers, K. Landman, and R. J. Vonk, “Proteomics profiling of urine with surface enhanced laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry,” Proteome Science, vol. 5, article 2, 2007.
- K. J. A. Vanhoutte, C. Laarakkers, E. Marchiori et al., “Biomarker discovery with SELDI-TOF MS in human urine associated with early renal injury: evaluation with computational analytical tools,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 2932–2943, 2007.
- Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, J. Adachi et al., “MAPU: max-planck unified database of organellar, cellular, tissue and body fluid proteomes,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. D771–D779, 2007.
- S.-J. Li, M. Peng, H. Li et al., “Sys-BodyFluid: a systematical database for human body fluid proteome research,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. D907–D912, 2009.
- I. A. Agron, D. M. Avtonomov, A. S. Kononikhin, I. A. Popov, S. A. Moshkovskii, and E. N. Nikolaev, “Accurate mass tag retention time database for urine proteome analysis by chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Biochemistry, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 636–641, 2010.
- J. J. Coon, P. Zürbig, M. Dakna et al., “CE-MS analysis of the human urinary proteome for biomarker discovery and disease diagnostics,” Proteomics, vol. 2, no. 7-8, pp. 964–973, 2008.
- D. M. Good, P. Zürbig, À. Argilés et al., “Naturally occurring human urinary peptides for use in diagnosis of chronic kidney disease,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 2424–2437, 2010.
- R. Bakry, M. Rainer, C. W. Huck, and G. K. Bonn, “Protein profiling for cancer biomarker discovery using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry and infrared imaging: a review,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 690, no. 1, pp. 26–34, 2011.
- M. Rainer, C. Sajdik, and G. K. Bonn, “Mass spectrometric profiling of low-molecular-weight proteins,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 1023, pp. 83–95, 2013.
- L. Chen, S. Fatima, J. Peng, and X. Leng, “SELDI protein chip technology for the detection of serum biomarkers for liver disease,” Protein and Peptide Letters, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 467–472, 2009.
- T. Gemoll, U. J. Roblick, G. Auer, H. Jörnvall, and J. K. Habermann, “SELDI-TOF serum proteomics and colorectal cancer: a current overview,” Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 116, no. 4-5, pp. 188–196, 2010.
- A. K. Callesen, O. Mogensen, A. K. Jensen et al., “Reproducibility of mass spectrometry based protein profiles for diagnosis of ovarian cancer across clinical studies: a systematic review,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 75, no. 10, pp. 2758–2772, 2012.