- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 296094, 22 pages
Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Biocontact Properties
Laboratory for Advanced Materials, Department of Polymer Engineering, University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, 8 Kl. Ohridski Boulevard., 1756 Sofia, Bulgaria
Received 4 August 2009; Revised 24 November 2009; Accepted 31 March 2010
Academic Editor: Shanfeng Wang
Copyright © 2010 Todorka G. Vladkova. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [36 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Fabienne Poncin-Epaillard, Tjasa Vrlinic, Dominique Debarnot, Miran Mozetic, Arnaud Coudreuse, Gilbert Legeay, Benaïssa El Moualij, and Willy Zorzi, “Surface Treatment of Polymeric Materials Controlling the Adhesion of Biomolecules,” Journal of Functional Biomaterials, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 528–543, 2012.
- A. C. de Luca, J. S. Stevens, S. L. M. Schroeder, J.-B. Guilbaud, A. Saiani, S. Downes, and G. Terenghi, “Immobilization of cell-binding peptides on poly-ε-caprolactone film surface to biomimic the peripheral nervous system,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, vol. 101A, no. 2, pp. 491–501, 2012.
- Sébastien Sart, Abdelmounaim Errachid, Yves-Jacques Schneider, and Spiros N. Agathos, “Modulation of mesenchymal stem cell actin organization on conventional microcarriers for proliferation and differentiation in stirred bioreactors,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2012.
- Stefanie Wohlrab, Susanne Müller, Andreas Schmidt, Stefanie Neubauer, Horst Kessler, Aldo Leal-Egaña, and Thomas Scheibel, “Cell adhesion and proliferation on RGD-modified recombinant spider silk proteins,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 28, pp. 6650–6659, 2012.
- Bong-Hyuk Choi, Yoo Seong Choi, Dong Soo Hwang, and Hyung Joon Cha, “Facile Surface Functionalization with Glycosaminoglycans by Direct Coating with Mussel Adhesive Protein,” Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 71–79, 2012.
- Nicoletta Giamblanco, Genady Zhavnerko, Nunzio Tuccitto, Antonino Licciardello, and Giovanni Marletta, “Coadsorption-dependent orientation of fibronectin epitopes at hydrophilic gold surfaces,” Soft Matter, vol. 8, no. 32, pp. 8370, 2012.
- Akshay Srivastava, Iain B. O’Connor, Abhay Pandit, and J. Gerard Wall, “Polymer-antibody fragment conjugates for biomedical applications,” Progress in Polymer Science, 2013.
- Mojtaba Binazadeh, Ali Faghihnejad, Larry D Unsworth, and Hongbo Zeng, “Understanding the Effect of Secondary Structure on Molecular Interactions of Poly-L-Lysine with Different Substrates by SFA,” Biomacromolecules, pp. 130916005713003, 2013.
- N. Briz, J. Alio, N. Garagorri, J. L. Gomez Ribelles, and J. A. Gomez-Tejedor, “Fibronectin fixation on poly(ethyl acrylate)-based copolymers,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B-Applied Biomaterials, vol. 101B, no. 6, pp. 991–997, 2013.
- Ales Hejcl, Jiří Růžička, Miroslava Kapcalová, Karolina Turnovcova, Eva Krumbholcová, Martin Přádný, Jiří Michálek, Jiří Cihlář, Pavla Jendelova, and Eva Sykova, “Adjusting the chemical and physical properties of hydrogels leads to improved stem cell survival and tissue ingrowth in spinal cord injury reconstruction: a comparative study of 4 methacrylate hydrogels,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 130610123849000, 2013.
- Sixin Bi, Ning Yang, Miaokun Yang, Xiaoling He, Li Chen, Zhengyan Zhu, Yingtang Gao, and Zhi Du, “Fabrication of polystyrene microscale porous substrate and its effects on HL-7702 cells behaviors,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2013.
- Zhanyun Huang, Ping Luo, Wanzong Chen, Shirong Pan, and Dihu Chen, “Hemocompatibility of ZnO thin films prepared by filtered cathodic vacuum arc deposition,” Vacuum, vol. 89, pp. 220–224, 2013.
- Paul J. Molino, BinBin Zhang, Gordon G. Wallace, and Timothy W. Hanks, “Surface modification of polypyrrole/biopolymer composites for controlled protein and cellular adhesion,” Biofouling, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1155–1167, 2013.
- Chloé Lorion, Clément Faye, Barbara Maret, Thomas Trimaille, Thomas Régnier, Pascal Sommer, and Romain Debret, “Biosynthetic support based on dendritic poly(L-lysine) improves human skin fibroblasts attachment,” Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Inam Ul Ahad, Andrzej Bartnik, Henryk Fiedorowicz, Jerzy Kostecki, Barbara Korczyc, Tomasz Ciach, and Dermot Brabazon, “Surface modification of polymers for biocompatibility via exposure to extreme ultraviolet radiation,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2013.
- Ana Rubina Perestrelo, Fouzi Mouffouk, Ana M. Rosa da Costa, and José António Belo, “Novel triblock co-polymer nanofibre system as an alternative support for embryonic stem cells growth and pluripotency,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2013.
- L.K. Souza, C.H. Bruno, L. Lopes, S.H. Pulcinelli, C.V. Santilli, and L.A. Chiavacci, “Ureasil–polyether hybrid film-forming materials,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 101, pp. 156–161, 2013.
- Tina Govindarajan, and Robin Shandas, “A Survey of Surface Modification Techniques for Next-Generation Shape Memory Polymer Stent Devices,” Polymers, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 2309–2331, 2014.
- Bapi Sarker, Raminder Singh, Raquel Silva, Judith A. Roether, Joachim Kaschta, Rainer Detsch, Dirk W. Schubert, Iwona Cicha, and Aldo R. Boccaccini, “Evaluation of Fibroblasts Adhesion and Proliferation on Alginate-Gelatin Crosslinked Hydrogel,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Marcela M.M. Bilek, “Biofunctionalisation of surfaces by energetic ion implantation: review of progress on applications in implantable biomedical devices and antibody microarrays,” Applied Surface Science, 2014.
- Simzar Hosseinzadeh, Masoud Soleimani, Sayed Mahdi Rezayat, Jafar Ai, and Mohammad Vasei, “The activation of satellite cells by nanofibrous poly epsilon-caprolacton constructs,” Journal of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 801–812, 2014.
- Alexandros El Sachat, Anastasia Meristoudi, Stergios Pispas, and Christos Riziotis, “Assessment of block and random copolymer overlayers on polymer optical fibers toward protein detection through electrostatic interaction,” Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, 2014.
- Jingwen Liao, Ye Zhu, Zhaoyi Yin, Guoxin Tan, Chengyun Ning, and Chuanbin Mao, “Tuning nano-architectures and improving bioactivity of conducting polypyrrole coating on bone implants by incorporating bone-borne small molecules,” J. Mater. Chem. B, vol. 2, no. 45, pp. 7872–7876, 2014.
- Eugene Lih, Se Heang Oh, Yoon Ki Joung, Jin Ho Lee, and Dong Keun Han, “Polymers for cell/tissue anti-adhesion,” Progress in Polymer Science, 2014.
- M. Binazadeh, H. Zeng, and L. D. Unsworth, “Effect of peptide secondary structure on adsorption and adsorbed film properties on end-grafted polyethylene oxide layers,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 56–66, 2014.
- Xinxin Zhao, Scott Alexander Irvine, Animesh Agrawal, Ye Cao, Pei Qi Lim, Si Ying Tan, and Subbu S. Venkatraman, “3D patterned substrates for bioartificial blood vessels – The effect of hydrogels on aligned cells on a biomaterial surface,” Acta Biomaterialia, 2015.
- R. Sainitya, M. Sriram, V. Kalyanaraman, S. Dhivya, S. Saravanan, M. Vairamani, T.P. Sastry, and N. Selvamurugan, “Scaffolds containing Chitosan/Carboxymethyl Cellulose/Mesoporous Wollastonite for Bone Tissue Engineering,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2015.
- Rebecca Soffe, Sara Baratchi, Shi-Yang Tang, Mahyar Nasabi, Peter McIntyre, Arnan Mitchell, and Khashayar Khoshmanesh, “Analysing calcium signalling of cells under high shear flows using discontinuous dielectrophoresis,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- Maria Chiara Barsotti, Tamer Al Kayal, Lorena Tedeschi, Dinuccio Dinucci, Paola Losi, Silverio Sbrana, Enrica Briganti, Rodorico Giorgi, Federica Chiellini, Rossella Di Stefano, and Giorgio Soldani, “Oligonucleotide biofunctionalization enhances endothelial progenitor cell adhesion on cobalt/chromium stents,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2015.
- Mario Culebras, Cristian J. Grande, Fernando G. Torres, Omar P. Troncoso, Clara M. Gomez, and M. Carmen Bañó, “Optimization of Cell Growth on Bacterial Cellulose by Adsorption of Collagen and Poly-L-Lysine,” International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 411–415, 2015.
- Clarisse Ribeiro, Daniela M. Correia, Sylvie Ribeiro, Vítor Sencadas, Gabriela Botelho, and Senentxu Lanceros-Méndez, “Piezoelectric poly(vinylidene fluoride) microstructure and poling state in active tissue engineering,” Engineering in Life Sciences, 2015.
- A.R. Sadeghi, S. Nokhasteh, A.M. Molavi, M. Khorsand-Ghayeni, H. Naderi-Meshkin, and A. Mahdizadeh, “Surface modification of electrospun PLGA scaffold with collagen for bioengineered skin substitutes,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016.
- Songpeng Zhang, Xiangjun Zhang, Yu Tian, and Yonggang Meng, “Theoretical and experimental study of the porous film using quartz crystal microbalance,” Biomicrofluidics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 024127, 2016.
- Rachid Jellali, Jean-Luc Duval, and Eric Leclerc, “Analysis of the biocompatibility of perfluoropolyether dimethacrylate network using an organotypic method,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016.
- Sara Babaei, and Pierre-Luc Girard-Lauriault, “Tuning the Surface Properties of Oxygen-Rich and Nitrogen-Rich Plasma Polymers: Functional Groups and Surface Charge,” Plasma Chemistry And Plasma Processing, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 651–666, 2016.
- Elena Stoleru, Silvestru B. Munteanu, Raluca P. Dumitriu, Adina Coroaba, Mioara Drobotă, Lidija Fras Zemljic, Gina M. Pricope, and Cornelia Vasile, “Polyethylene materials with multifunctional surface properties by electrospraying chitosan/vitamin E formulation destined to biomedical and food packaging applications,” Iranian Polymer Journal, 2016.