- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 296094, 22 pages
Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Biocontact Properties
Laboratory for Advanced Materials, Department of Polymer Engineering, University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, 8 Kl. Ohridski Boulevard., 1756 Sofia, Bulgaria
Received 4 August 2009; Revised 24 November 2009; Accepted 31 March 2010
Academic Editor: Shanfeng Wang
Copyright © 2010 Todorka G. Vladkova. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- A. C. de Luca, J. S. Stevens, S. L. M. Schroeder, J.-B. Guilbaud, A. Saiani, S. Downes, and G. Terenghi, “Immobilization of cell-binding peptides on poly-ε-caprolactone film surface to biomimic the peripheral nervous system,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, vol. 101A, no. 2, pp. 491–501, 2012.
- Fabienne Poncin-Epaillard, Tjasa Vrlinic, Dominique Debarnot, Miran Mozetic, Arnaud Coudreuse, Gilbert Legeay, Benaïssa El Moualij, and Willy Zorzi, “Surface Treatment of Polymeric Materials Controlling the Adhesion of Biomolecules,” Journal of Functional Biomaterials, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 528–543, 2012.
- Sébastien Sart, Abdelmounaim Errachid, Yves-Jacques Schneider, and Spiros N. Agathos, “Modulation of mesenchymal stem cell actin organization on conventional microcarriers for proliferation and differentiation in stirred bioreactors,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2012.
- Stefanie Wohlrab, Susanne Müller, Andreas Schmidt, Stefanie Neubauer, Horst Kessler, Aldo Leal-Egaña, and Thomas Scheibel, “Cell adhesion and proliferation on RGD-modified recombinant spider silk proteins,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 28, pp. 6650–6659, 2012.
- Bong-Hyuk Choi, Yoo Seong Choi, Dong Soo Hwang, and Hyung Joon Cha, “Facile Surface Functionalization with Glycosaminoglycans by Direct Coating with Mussel Adhesive Protein,” Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 71–79, 2012.
- Nicoletta Giamblanco, Genady Zhavnerko, Nunzio Tuccitto, Antonino Licciardello, and Giovanni Marletta, “Coadsorption-dependent orientation of fibronectin epitopes at hydrophilic gold surfaces,” Soft Matter, vol. 8, no. 32, pp. 8370, 2012.
- Akshay Srivastava, Iain B. O’Connor, Abhay Pandit, and J. Gerard Wall, “Polymer-antibody fragment conjugates for biomedical applications,” Progress in Polymer Science, 2013.
- Mojtaba Binazadeh, Ali Faghihnejad, Larry D Unsworth, and Hongbo Zeng, “Understanding the Effect of Secondary Structure on Molecular Interactions of Poly-L-Lysine with Different Substrates by SFA,” Biomacromolecules, pp. 130916005713003, 2013.
- N. Briz, J. Alio, N. Garagorri, J. L. Gomez Ribelles, and J. A. Gomez-Tejedor, “Fibronectin fixation on poly(ethyl acrylate)-based copolymers,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B-Applied Biomaterials, vol. 101B, no. 6, pp. 991–997, 2013.
- Sixin Bi, Ning Yang, Miaokun Yang, Xiaoling He, Li Chen, Zhengyan Zhu, Yingtang Gao, and Zhi Du, “Fabrication of polystyrene microscale porous substrate and its effects on HL-7702 cells behaviors,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2013.
- Ales Hejcl, Jiří Růžička, Miroslava Kapcalová, Karolina Turnovcova, Eva Krumbholcová, Martin Přádný, Jiří Michálek, Jiří Cihlář, Pavla Jendelova, and Eva Sykova, “Adjusting the chemical and physical properties of hydrogels leads to improved stem cell survival and tissue ingrowth in spinal cord injury reconstruction: a comparative study of 4 methacrylate hydrogels,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 130610123849000, 2013.
- Zhanyun Huang, Ping Luo, Wanzong Chen, Shirong Pan, and Dihu Chen, “Hemocompatibility of ZnO thin films prepared by filtered cathodic vacuum arc deposition,” Vacuum, vol. 89, pp. 220–224, 2013.
- Paul J. Molino, BinBin Zhang, Gordon G. Wallace, and Timothy W. Hanks, “Surface modification of polypyrrole/biopolymer composites for controlled protein and cellular adhesion,” Biofouling, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1155–1167, 2013.
- Chloé Lorion, Clément Faye, Barbara Maret, Thomas Trimaille, Thomas Régnier, Pascal Sommer, and Romain Debret, “Biosynthetic support based on dendritic poly(L-lysine) improves human skin fibroblasts attachment,” Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Inam Ul Ahad, Andrzej Bartnik, Henryk Fiedorowicz, Jerzy Kostecki, Barbara Korczyc, Tomasz Ciach, and Dermot Brabazon, “Surface modification of polymers for biocompatibility via exposure to extreme ultraviolet radiation,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2013.
- Ana Rubina Perestrelo, Fouzi Mouffouk, Ana M. Rosa da Costa, and José António Belo, “Novel triblock co-polymer nanofibre system as an alternative support for embryonic stem cells growth and pluripotency,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2013.
- L.K. Souza, C.H. Bruno, L. Lopes, S.H. Pulcinelli, C.V. Santilli, and L.A. Chiavacci, “Ureasil–polyether hybrid film-forming materials,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 101, pp. 156–161, 2013.
- Marcela M.M. Bilek, “Biofunctionalisation of surfaces by energetic ion implantation: review of progress on applications in implantable biomedical devices and antibody microarrays,” Applied Surface Science, 2014.
- Simzar Hosseinzadeh, Masoud Soleimani, Sayed Mahdi Rezayat, Jafar Ai, and Mohammad Vasei, “The activation of satellite cells by nanofibrous poly epsilon-caprolacton constructs,” Journal of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 801–812, 2014.
- M. Binazadeh, H. Zeng, and L. D. Unsworth, “Effect of peptide secondary structure on adsorption and adsorbed film properties on end-grafted polyethylene oxide layers,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 56–66, 2014.